Reiko

In reference to the 'is Reiko Kahn?' debate I have a take that may be fresh and new. No, Reiko is not Kahn. Reiko is a clone of Kahn created by Kahn.

Let's face it, here are the facts. Reiko has a lot of similarities to Kahn.

Reiko first appears in Mortal Kombat 4. We are told he was a general of Shinnok's armies. But as seen later, the Forces of Darkness often team up and back stab each other. So there is nothing stating that Reiko was not created a long time ago, served for Shinnok in the war against the Elder Gods, and narrowly escaped death. After all, Kahn and Shinnok both fight against the Elder Gods. Separately throughout the entire story and 'together' at the Battle of Armageddon.

Shinnok made a clone of himself to fight in his stead during the Battle of Armageddon. Is it so strange to think that Kahn made a clone of himself to fight in his stead at the original battle between Shinnok and the Elder Gods?

We don't see Reiko again until his cameo in Mortal Kombat Deception.

Somebody that looks a lot like Kahn died at the beginning of the Deadly Alliance. This is confirmed to be a clone of Kahn that Kahn made. (Kahn's bio from MKD.) A clone that looks like Kahn, lead Kahn's armies in his absence, and liked to wear his uniform and skull helmet. It was later said that Reiko was Kahn's general. Who better to pose as Kahn than someone that looks like him and has the skills to continue to lead his war?

Reiko was killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi; while Kahn went into hiding; Kahn then appears later in Deception's storyline.

How can Reiko be alive for Armageddon? Simple, Havik's ending in Deception is cannon. Only that he had only thought that he was riving Kahn. We know that Onoga was defeated and left for dead in his throne room according to his bio posted by Midway for Armageddon. (It says Onaga's soul was expelled not his body. The host body would have been left for Havik to find.) Havik simply came along after the battle and revived Reiko. Reiko likely just played along; resuming his status as general after realizing Kahn had again gained power in Outworld.

Holy mother of god.

It is a SIN you don't post more often.

I do?

lol, I don't even recall his username. That was just an epic enough post that he should post more stuff like that, lol.

Well, if NRS does it right, there's going to be a power struggle between him, the rightful heir Mileena, and others who are power hungry, now that Kahn is gone for good.

Well, if NRS does it right, there's going to be a power struggle between him, the rightful heir Mileena, and others who are power hungry, now that Kahn is gone for good.

Hope so too. Mileena can be empress & Reiko the new emperor. Or better yet... Reiko can find a new empress better than Mileena, if it'll ever happen.

I hate that they did that in the story and made her the biggest whore appearance wise in Mk9. Reiko needs to be in the next Mk. If he is the top clone he automatically trumps her.

I liked how he seemed obsessed with Shao Kahn's helmet. It was pretty funny seeing him use it in Armageddon.
I think it is funny! Shao Kahn in Deception going off about it gave me laughs. Think he will be in the next game too.

I hope NRS makes more with Reiko than Reptile/Baraka, who were getting their asses kicked all over the place. He needs his own chapter, and in the last fight of the chapter the player would have to perform a fatality on some good guy.

Why do you think Reiko and Quan Chi have a rivalry? Could it be something that derives from thousands of years ago?