Reiko

Jade

Reiko

Mka_reiko.png

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 199 lbs
Resides: Outworld

Not much is known about him, save that his primary occupation is that of a general. In this capacity, he has served both Shinnok and Shao Kahn. He has also served as a member of the Brotherhood of Shadow. During Shinnok's war against the Elder Gods, he was presumed killed. He later resurfaced during the time of Mortal Kombat 4, but after Shinnok was defeated, he disappeared once again. He later emerged in Shao Kahn's army, to whom he has served until now. In his Armageddon bio card, John Vogel states that Reiko received the position of general as Shao Kahn approved of the fighter's ruthlessness, which he is said to look for in his soldiers. Reiko apparently has great aspirations to one day replace the emperor, as it is described in Mortal Kombat: Deception's Konquest mode that he likes to sneak into Kahn's chamber room and wear his helmet. His own attire has a great similarity to Shao Kahn's. Reiko also states in the game that he will one day rule Outworld himself.

In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon's Konquest mode, Taven encounters Reiko in his war room in Shao Kahn's fortress. It is revealed here that, for unknown reasons, Reiko has an intense disliking of Quan Chi. Reiko tries to get Taven to join Kahn's army, having been impressed by his skills in combat, but Taven has none of this as he only intends to find and kill Quan Chi. Although Reiko is intrigued by the prospect, he had been ordered by Shao Kahn to protect the emperor's allies, which included the sorcerer, so he engages in battle with the intruder. Reiko is ultimately defeated, but as he limps away, he relishes in the irony that his failure would lead to the death of Quan Chi.

Signature Moves
Assassin Throwing Stars (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Quick Spin Behind (MK4, MKG)
Vertical Teleport (MK4, MKG)
Shadow Grab (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Devastating Flip Kick (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Charging Pain (MK:A)

Fatalities
Thrust Kick (MK4, MKG)
Shuriken Barrage (MK4, MKG)​

AHHHHHH. like the character, but it bugged me so much that when the Deadly Alliance thought they killed Shao Kahn, they killed a "clone".
NO NO NO NO NO!! they should have killed Reiko, who should have been, at the time, dressing up and wearing Kahn's helmet, pretending to be him on his throne, as it says he liked to do!!

Reactions: Axe
I liked how he seemed obsessed with Shao Kahn's helmet. It was pretty funny seeing him use it in Armageddon.

Just like Hotaru, he has a girl's name. His fetish for Shao Kahn's helmet is err.. quite strange.
180px-Shao_Kahn%27s_Helmet.jpg

Nevertheless, I believe he'd make a good DLC character. His ninja stars are pretty kick ass. I like the flip kick as well. He's one of the few characters whose design improved.

Reiko is Badass, and yes, is a another japanese female name, anyway, the moveset from 4 is sick . same with the armageddon tricks and costume.
Reiko have really big potencial, hope to see inda future as DLC.

Reiko is pretty bland. Doesn't have much personality, storyline, uniqueness, anything... But he definitely has potential, so I hope they develop him more in future games.

In reference to the 'is Reiko Kahn?' debate I have a take that may be fresh and new. No, Reiko is not Kahn. Reiko is a clone of Kahn created by Kahn.

Let's face it, here are the facts. Reiko has a lot of similarities to Kahn.

Reiko first appears in Mortal Kombat 4. We are told he was a general of Shinnok's armies. But as seen later, the Forces of Darkness often team up and back stab each other. So there is nothing stating that Reiko was not created a long time ago, served for Shinnok in the war against the Elder Gods, and narrowly escaped death. After all, Kahn and Shinnok both fight against the Elder Gods. Separately throughout the entire story and 'together' at the Battle of Armageddon.

Shinnok made a clone of himself to fight in his stead during the Battle of Armageddon. Is it so strange to think that Kahn made a clone of himself to fight in his stead at the original battle between Shinnok and the Elder Gods?

We don't see Reiko again until his cameo in Mortal Kombat Deception.

Somebody that looks a lot like Kahn died at the beginning of the Deadly Alliance. This is confirmed to be a clone of Kahn that Kahn made. (Kahn's bio from MKD.) A clone that looks like Kahn, lead Kahn's armies in his absence, and liked to wear his uniform and skull helmet. It was later said that Reiko was Kahn's general. Who better to pose as Kahn than someone that looks like him and has the skills to continue to lead his war?

Reiko was killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi; while Kahn went into hiding; Kahn then appears later in Deception's storyline.

How can Reiko be alive for Armageddon? Simple, Havik's ending in Deception is cannon. Only that he had only thought that he was riving Kahn. We know that Onoga was defeated and left for dead in his throne room according to his bio posted by Midway for Armageddon. (It says Onaga's soul was expelled not his body. The host body would have been left for Havik to find.) Havik simply came along after the battle and revived Reiko. Reiko likely just played along; resuming his status as general after realizing Kahn had again gained power in Outworld.

In reference to the 'is Reiko Kahn?' debate I have a take that may be fresh and new. No, Reiko is not Kahn. Reiko is a clone of Kahn created by Kahn.

Reiko first appears in Mortal Kombat 4. We are told he was a general of Shinnok's armies. But as seen later, the Forces of Darkness often team up and back stab each other. So there is nothing stating that Reiko was not created a long time ago, served for Shinnok in the war against the Elder Gods, and narrowly escaped death. After all, Kahn and Shinnok both fight against the Elder Gods. Separately throughout the entire story and 'together' at the Battle of Armageddon.

Shinnok made a clone of himself to fight in his stead during the Battle of Armageddon. Is it so strange to think that Kahn made a clone of himself to fight in his stead at the original battle between Shinnok and the Elder Gods?

Somebody that looks a lot like Kahn died at the beginning of the Deadly Alliance. This is confirmed to be a clone of Kahn that Kahn made. (Kahn's bio from MKD.) A clone that looks like Kahn, lead Kahn's armies in his absence, and liked to wear his uniform and skull helmet. It was later said that Reiko was Kahn's general. Who better to pose as Kahn than someone that looks like him and has the skills to continue to lead his war?

Reiko was killed by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi; while Kahn went into hiding; Kahn then appears later in Deception's storyline.

How can Reiko be alive for Armageddon? Simple, Havik's ending in Deception is cannon. Only that he had only thought that he was riving Kahn. We know that Onoga was defeated and left for dead in his throne room according to his bio posted by Midway for Armageddon. (It says Onaga's soul was expelled not his body. The host body would have been left for Havik to find.) Havik simply came along after the battle and revived Reiko. Reiko likely just played along; resuming his status as general after realizing Kahn had again gained power in Outworld.

WINNING!
I love this idea SO MUCH! EVERYTHING makes sense if you put it like this! Bravo, good sir!

I liked his move in 4, but I hated how remains a total mystery even till now. He was one of Shao Kahn's General's who bounced over to Shinnok, then back to Shao Kahn. Noob would have made alot more sense I think. Reiko would be a better character if he was more of a character and not such a mystery.

Moves for Reiko in MK10:

Assassin Shurikens
*Warlord Shurikens-He throws a total of 16 shurikens at the total at each location of the opponent's body, with the last shuriken, hitting them at the groin.
Charging Pain
*Tormenting Charge-He charges twice at the opponent, the last hit, knocking them up in the air.
Shadow Grab (different animation)-Instead of vertical, he comes from behind and slams them on the ground via Fisherman Suplex.
*Darkness Slam-After grabbing the opponent, he takes them up in the air and slams them very hard on the ground.
Barbaric Smash (NEW)-He takes out his hammer and disppears before reappearing in the air, and hits the opponent very hard to the ground.
*General Smash-Same as regular version, but in the beginning, he hits them up with the hammer before the other part happens.

X-Ray: He throws a cluster of shurikens at the opponent. When successful, he takes out his weapon and swings it hard at the opponent's legs, breaking the knees. Then he slams it hard at the opponent's head, destroying the skull, before tossing them up and hits them away like a ball.

Amazing moves VFD! I really hope Reiko returns in the next game with his Mk:A primary. Also along with those moves, his flipkick should return as well. The most badass special move ever! :p

Not so sure on that to be honest. That animation of flipkick should stay with Li Mei only. I'm sure either one of his regular moveset or combo will end up him juggling the opponent in the air. Besides, he should be more relying on damage (less specials=more damage), with more damage coming from his style moveset.

When he's brought back for MK10, either his MK4 look or his Armageddon would be fine by me

Although I'm not sure NRS should keep his hairstyle in his Armageddon look if they go with that lol

But I always thought it would be cool if Rain and Reiko had a sort of rivalry over who gets to take over Shao Kahn's throne now that he's dead

Bro!?!?! OMFG THAT WAS BRILLIANT!