Onaga

The costume design is my favorite thing about him. The flame breath and brute force are sort of a Scorpion & Moloch copycat, but still it fits his sizeable body quite well.

What I found really confusing is his allignment. He seems evil, but his backstory says that Outworld was more united with him as a leader. Plus, he was betrayed by Shao Kahn. So in all else, he seems like a victim of a greater evil.

Then there's his agenda with the Kamidogu. Sure, he wants to merge all the realms into the one being, but from an ethical perspective is this really so bad? Like it's all confusing on who the real bad guy is here. There's the One Being who threatened to destroy the elder gods, but I bet back then everyone was just neutral. The One Being seems like the injured party here, and this makes Onaga seem like the redeemer of the One Being.

But realtive to Shujinko, Raiden and all of them, Onaga is a bad guy. Relative to the audience, it's really all up to what kind of person you see him as. To me, I think Onaga deserves some respect with the kind of life he goes through. Sure, he wants to take over all of reality, but then again he also wants to take down one of the major villians: Shao Kahn.

Story-wise, I think Onaga's done. Deception was his best game, but I don't think it gets much better than that (other than the little alliance he made in Armageddon). The only potential left for him, I think, is to make breif cameo apperances and maybe be a secret character in future MK games.
How did I miss this post?!

Yeah, I'm feeling what you're saying here; I think the One Being has more influence on Onaga than we think. Remember Ermac's Deception ending? I'm pretty sure that the "ominous presence" they mentioned in his presence was the One Being

As far as his alignment, I would say he's evil because of how manipulative and exploitative he is; he deceived Shujinko into going on a lifelong quest and he also resurrected and forced the fallen heroes to be his slaves. So he's willing to do whatever it takes to gain more and more power, regardless of the lives he ruins.

He had Outworld in unity during his rule but who's to say that wasn't just because the people of Outworld feared him and his power, so they all supported him out of that? Even Shao Kahn himself chose to take the sneaky route in killing Onaga instead of going face to face with him. They never really explained how Onaga got Outworld to be like that, they just said he did have it like that.

I don't think that wanting to take Shao Kahn down makes him any less evil because it's not like he's doing it for the good of others; he's doing it because he betrayed him and he also believes he is only fit to rule Outworld and the realms. Basically, Shao Kahn is in his way.

Onaga's definitely coming back. He's too much of an important part of the MK universe not to

How did I miss this post?!

Yeah, I'm feeling what you're saying here; I think the One Being has more influence on Onaga than we think. Remember Ermac's Deception ending? I'm pretty sure that the "ominous presence" they mentioned in his presence was the One Being

As far as his alignment, I would say he's evil because of how manipulative and exploitative he is; he deceived Shujinko into going on a lifelong quest and he also resurrected and forced the fallen heroes to be his slaves. So he's willing to do whatever it takes to gain more and more power, regardless of the lives he ruins.

He had Outworld in unity during his rule but who's to say that wasn't just because the people of Outworld feared him and his power, so they all supported him out of that? Even Shao Kahn himself chose to take the sneaky route in killing Onaga instead of going face to face with him. They never really explained how Onaga got Outworld to be like that, they just said he did have it like that.

I don't think that wanting to take Shao Kahn down makes him any less evil because it's not like he's doing it for the good of others; he's doing it because he betrayed him and he also believes he is only fit to rule Outworld and the realms. Basically, Shao Kahn is in his way.

Onaga's definitely coming back. He's too much of an important part of the MK universe not to

It's true that NRS has never gone into detail on more of Onaga's backstory, like how he united all of Outworld under his rule, or how he came to be.

And Metal. I've made a fan-fic, although its not finished, but it's about Onaga.

It's Mortal Kombat Mythologies: The Dragon King Chronicles

I'll put up the link in here:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...hronicles?highlight=Mortal+Kombat+Mythologies

He needs to show up in MK11!!! Let Shinnok be the boss in MK10.
Completely think that too. Shinnok needs a run and MK10 might be a continuation with the past. Either way, Shinnok will be in and likely as the main.
Though Onaga was hard, he was beatable. I beat him with every character. Something I could not do with the bosses in 2d games.