Kobra

Jade

Kobra

240px-MKD_Kobra.jpg

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 195 lbs
Resides: ?

For years, Kobra wondered whether his martial arts training would work in a real fight. Even though he has been practicing his skills at his New York City karate school, no one was allowed to really hurt each other. So, he went to New York's back alleys in order for him to put his skills to the test.

At first, he started on street gangs. Then, he went to gangbangers and drug dealers. The thrill and excitement of fighting started to consume him, and he started killing his opponents. He continued his killing streak and added looting to his list when he robbed convenience stores and gas stations. Eventually, the New York Police Department caught him. At this point, Kobra had no clue as to how many lives he had destroyed.

When Kobra was being taken downtown, he heard gunfire and officers shouting. Kabal and Kira had found out about him and came to induct him into the new Black Dragon syndicate. After killing the officers and escaping, Kabal took Kira and Kobra to Outworld, where they worked for Havik, the cleric of Chaos who had brought Kabal back from the brink of death.

He appears in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon's Konquest mode, as Taven's first kombatant, protecting a bridge with Kira in the Botan Jungle that Taven needs to cross. Kira abandons Kobra as he starts battling the newcomer, eventually escaping after he fails to stop him.

In Kobra's Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze and assumes the power of the gods. He further demands that the Elder Gods give him control over all realms. They do so, but insist that he must have a queen to rule alongside him, as every king needs one. Kobra chooses Kira as his queen, and the elder gods transform her into a goddess of death. When Kira kisses Kobra, he is turned into a pile of ashes, as a lesson to all others that make demands of supreme beings like the Elder Gods.

Signature Moves
Windmill Kick (MK:D, MK:A)
Burning Fist (MK:D, MK:A)
Tele-Punch (MK:D, MK:A)
Chi-Blast (MK:D, MK:A)
Crouching Chi-Blast (MK:D, MK:A)

Finishers
Heart Rip (MK:D, MK:A)
1 2 Super Kick (MK:D, MK:A)

Other Finishers
Hara Kiri: Self Heart Rip​

Even though Kobra is the most hated MK character of all time for good reason, I think it would be hilarious to make him the END GAME prize.

Just because it would make so many people so angry.

do you think NRS could have made the rip-off more obvious? i'm surprised Capcom didn't sue them.

I am named after him lol. (Wish I could change it!) But he was my go-to character online wise in Deception. I was a top-tier whore back then! ^_^

i don't think he looked that bad in his alternate costume (the gi-turned hoodie), it actually fit his story a bit more

Kobra.

One of the blandest characters in the franchise, if not videogames in general. An annoying little punk. His version of the heart rip fatality, to me, is him trying to so hard to appear cool, and edgy. His name is an insult to actual kobras.

All of these characteristics make him a superb antagonist. Someone i love to kill, to dismember. For that reason, I want him back! All those fatalities, all those X-ray attacks in the latest game, how I wish I could have unleashed all of that upon his lame ass. Not to mention babalities.

Back when MKD was in development, I remember him being called Ben. That should be his real name. One he hates like nothing else, which is why he renamed himself Kobra. The mere mention of it should see him throwing a tantrum, stomping one foot repeatedly while spinning around and yelling "KOBRA!" Kobra Kobra Kobra!". That would add to his character, imo.

The one character that should've never been. His looks were basically Ken Masters when they could've developed an awesome character with that name. Its no mystery that Ed is a huge SF fan, but Capcom is over snotty with their games and don't quite reciprocate his adoration for their fighting games.

the most original and gretest mk character ever created, I have written so much fanfic/art on corbra. the only other chracter that comes close is maybe jarek or hsu hao =33333333333

A terrible mutant mashup of Ken Masters and a Ken Doll. Really, this guy is a flop in my opinion and I disliked him with a passion. I'd pick Mileena to play as over him any day in Deception.

I loved the second costume, with the hood up. Aesthetically one of my favorites. If they could reinvent him with an outfit like that, but make him less generic karate guy/Ken Masters, I'd be all for his inclusion in MK9.

I didn't really like his design much because he reminded me of Ken Masters from SF, but he had some pretty kool moves and combos tho.

Yeah, Deception was probably the worst time Midway had with characters. While I liked Shujinko, and while I'll actually admit to liking Hotaru and Dairou's designs...really? They just take Ken Masters and make him look like he's from Cobra Kai? Honestly, that's like taking Sonic the Hedgehog, making him look a bit more like Pikachu, and calling him an OC. :razz:

I distinctly remember talking to a friend about MK a few years back, I bring up Kobra, and for some reason, he gets him mixed up with Shang Tsung. (He claimed that Kobra has "copycat powers") And in my head I'm thinking "yeah...copycat...you got that right."