Kai

Jade

Kai

150px-Mka_kai.png

Height: 6'
Weight: 237 lbs

Kai's biography screen tells that he is former member of the secretive White Lotus Society. He had learned his skills from the great masters throughout Asia. He met Liu Kang who happened to be in America at the time, recruiting to train a new generation of Shaolin warriors. During the events of Mortal Kombat 4, Kai went with Liu Kang to China to become a Shaolin warrior. This was, however, interrupted with the invasion of Shinnok and his dark legion into Edenia. Liu Kang and Kai then joined the other Earthrealm warriors in Edenia to assist Raiden in his battle against Shinnok. After Shinnok was beaten, Kai decided to wander the Earth on a quest for self-enlightenment. As a blessing from Raiden as he prepared to ascend to Elder Godhood, Raiden entrusted his Lightning Staff to Kai to help him on his quest, and perhaps find his way into immortality.

Signature Moves
Downward Fire Ball (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Fire Ball From Above (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Renegade Kick (MK:A)
Rising Heel (MK:A)
Hand Stand (MK4, MKG)
Lunging Roundhouse (MK4, MKG)

Fatalities
Headshot (MK4, MKG)
One into Two (MK4, MKG)​

Until that abomination of a picture is replaced by the MK4 one, I cannot get hard to this thread :(

Thanks for making a Kai thread BTW :)

like him, and tanya, and reiko, and sheeva, liu kang, and several others, i don't like how they took the uniqueness out of everyones look in mkd and mka and made them all with chunky/muscular builds, thick necks and wide heads

Kai is (contrary to popular belief) one of the most unique characters in the MK universe to this date.

Men who control ice, cyborgs, lizard-men, shape-shifters, sorcerers? Done many times.

African American Shaolin Monk? Very rare.

Also I hate his Armageddon look because I just don't ****ing understand why the MK team felt the need to to give him cornrows and a rough beard. I felt like they just wiped their asses with one of my favorite characters.

Until that abomination of a picture is replaced by the MK4 one, I cannot get hard to this thread :(
Exactly. This is the real Kai.
kai-finally2.jpg

That other dude is an impostor! What's up with Kai's MK4 ending? He's all like "I don't want to be a Shaolin monk anymore.. I have too many of my own problems. I want to do some soul searching and err.. stuff."
mario-mushroom-match-12936-1264178403.jpg

kaionshrooms.jpg

Kai's a hippie. I'm positive he's gobbling up magic mushrooms as if they were candy. Why'd you trust that guy with your staff Raiden? He'll just carve it into a pipe and smoke some herb.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we may never see him again. This makes me very very sad.
So much potential, gone.

I wish they had had time to implement his handstand style in MKA. He really had some of the more creative moves in 4. Definitely one I wouldn't mind seeing return. I think he's among some of the characters in the newer games who would have worked better in 2D.

Kai was a Gurkha soldier from Nepal before he joined the White Lotus Society and met Liu Kang. He is of asian ethinicity.

You couldn't tell by looking at him lol.

I still love Kai though, hopefully he is redeemed in MK10.

Agree. I love to see him return in MK10. Now that it's back in 2.5D, he would be a major force with the juggle and mind games, like his vertical fireballs, his handstand returning. What will his X-Ray look like in MK10, Back?

Agree. I love to see him return in MK10. Now that it's back in 2.5D, he would be a major force with the juggle and mind games, like his vertical fireballs, his handstand returning. What will his X-Ray look like in MK10, Back?

I was actually hoping for lion based moves for Kai.

For his X-ray?

A golden silhouette of the upper body of a lion appears around him (much easier to imagine than to describe lol).
Kai swings a hay-maker towards them and the lion smacks them across the face with a powerful paw.

Then Kai raises a fireball from the ground, breaking their back.

Then he does a handstand kick to their jaw, popping them up for a further combo.

Like this:

Watch the ending.

I was actually hoping for lion based moves for Kai.

For his X-ray?

A golden silhouette of the upper body of a lion appears around him (much easier to imagine than to describe lol).
Kai swings a hay-maker towards them and the lion smacks them across the face with a powerful paw.

Then Kai raises a fireball from the ground, breaking their back.

Then he does a handstand kick to their jaw, popping them up for a further combo.

Like this:

Watch the ending.

Damn!!! What a f**ked up ending, but good point. Anyways, you meaning lion shaped moves, like the fireballs in shape of a lion's head? That could be possible as an enhanced move.

Plus, Kai fires it from his hands to the ground or in the air. He can't do like Shang Tsung and summons it out of nowhere. After he fires it vertically, it homes on the location where your opponent is, like a heat-seeking missile.

Damn!!! What a f**ked up ending, but good point. Anyways, you meaning lion shaped moves, like the fireballs in shape of a lion's head? That could be possible as an enhanced move.

Plus, Kai fires it from his hands to the ground or in the air. He can't do like Shang Tsung and summons it out of nowhere. After he fires it vertically, it homes on the location where your opponent is, like a heat-seeking missile.

I like your ideas, this could really make him stand out.
His fireballs were pretty useless on a 3D plane.
But on 2D, they may be very deadly.

I hope these and the ones I mentioned be rep worthy. I'll give you rep for the X-Ray and the vid part. I'm gonna explain in here, all of his moves and enhanced version in MK10:

Fireball From Above
*Crashing Lion Fires: He fires a fireball in shape of a lion head in the air and comes down above the opponent real fast in 3, with the 3rd one, hitting them to the ground with a bounce effect.

Downward Fireball
*Erupting Lion Fire: He fires a fireball in the ground before it appears below the opponent, becoming a huge lion head-shaped fireball, hitting them in the air 2 times.

Rising Heel
*Ascending Somersault: After he does his Rising Heel to hit them in the air, he follows it with a somersault flip kick, sending them further back.

Hand Stand
*Rocketing Hand Stand: He goes into a handstand stance while kicking the opponent in the air by spinning in a corkscrew manner as he goes upside down.

Lunging Roundhouse
*Mauling Renegade Kicks: After he does a lunging kick, he follows it with a fiery jackknife kick, and then knocking them back with a fiery somersault front kicks.