Jarek

(hides lasso)

Uh.. maybe?

Guess we'll just have to see which direction they take his character. If they give him dimension, I'll be the first to hop on the Jarekwagon.

If they totally give him a makeover and make him un-Kano, then yes, he'd be a good new character. Perhaps he can be an Afghan guerrilla fighter for a druglord or something... to make him Taliban would be too risky... but he'd be perfect as one of the members of tribal drug smugglers. And Mavado as a Mexican narc hungry for power. BTW, Afghans are excellent fighters not just from all that war since the 19th century, but in terms of martial arts as well:

Yo, lux-to-the-xul. What say you we hi-jack this thread and quote the entire MK movie? Ok ok, maybe not.

Glow. :)

PTOOOOOOOEY!!!!!!11!!!1!!!one

You think we'll even see Jarek again? Will they retcon his origins just like Kano? HMMM

Jarek should be one of those people who is faithful to Black Dragon but when he is about to lose his life, he runs away like a little koward looking out for himself.

Or he kould kill Kano for a spot as gernaral of Outworld's army and Kabal becomes furious and reforms the black dragon(Kabal, Kira, Kobra) to seek revenge on Jarek, When Outworld fails, he would run away like a koward and get killed by the new black dragon.

You think we'll even see Jarek again? Will they retcon his origins just like Kano? HMMM

I think he is.

They should retcon. Everyone in Mortal Kombat deserves a second chance to be loved in Mortal Kombat. Look at Styker.

Kano wanted his friend back.

He wanted him and Kabal to rule the Black Dragon.

He even gave Kabal his old Hookswords.

AND, he offered to kill a Lin Kuei, in a tick, NO CHARGE!

I still think Kano did it so he kan end up using Kabal. Kano is a *******.

@Alisa - LMAO

I doubt we'll ever see Jarek again. Unless, like you said, he has a COMPLETE overhaul. If he can even stand an equal chance of being as badass as Kabal and Kano, then there may be a glimpse of hope for him yet.

In a way, I kind of feel like any post-umk3 character has a shot at being properly overhauled and accepted into the MK universe. Well... except for Kobra, Hsu Hao, and Darrius. ;-)

Probably the most boring character in fighting game history, also he was introduced in a horrible game. I couldn't care less about the 3D MK games... :)

I used to strongly dislike Jarek, but now I kind of like him. His primary appeal to me is that he's a tool. I'll try my best to explain it.

Jarek is clearly such a jackass, so undeserving of beating characters better than him, that it's actually amusing to see him win. Take his MKA ending, for instance, and all the fatalities he blatantly steals. Like I said, a tool. Almost no imagination whatsoever.

That's how I feel he should be portrayed in the future. As a largely idiotic low life, who at times can show some intelligence.

I used to strongly dislike Jarek, but now I kind of like him. His primary appeal to me is that he's a tool. I'll try my best to explain it.

Jarek is clearly such a jackass, so undeserving of beating characters better than him, that it's actually amusing to see him win. Take his MKA ending, for instance, and all the fatalities he blatantly steals. Like I said, a tool. Almost no imagination whatsoever.

That's how I feel he should be portrayed in the future. As a largely idiotic low life, who at times can show some intelligence.

Lol.

He could be to Mortal Kombat as Dan is to Street Fighter :laugh:

Jarek blows. I hope in MK10 they do to him what they did to Motaro in MK9...don't let him be part of the game, just kill him.

Jarek is part of the Black Dragon, one of my favorite things about MK. I really want Jarek and Kira to return but given originality because like Jarek says, "The Black Dragon Live on." Just keep out Kobra. They did enough damage with him.

Guys, they have remade every single clone character. They've given each character a unique playing style and semi-fleshed them out. Jarek is going to be different and improved if he comes back, especially considering Kano is still alive, along with Sonya and will likely be in MK10 himself.

I'm not a huge Jarek fan, but I would still give him a chance if he returns.