Hsu Hao

Hsu Hao specials:

Thunder-clap: Knockback move. Short horizontal range. Great vertical range.

Spiritual armor: Dons Ghengis' ancient armor for a short damage/defense boost.

Spirit absorb: Hao's body glows with a white aura as he absorbs a projectile for a damage boost. (not stackable)

Boot Kamp: Multi-ranged unblockable attack in which Hao jumps forward and crushes anything under him.

Sword Toss: Throws out an astral sword (only because every character needs a projectile)

As for his look I was thinking a Mongolian peasant thing going on.
But with a buff build.
Alt has him wearing Khan's armor.

And thanks Flying Jinko for the shoutout :)

Last edited:
He was a silly looking character and I remember MK fans on Gamefaqs thought he was better off a TMNT villain then a MK character. I never really dislike him but I had some fun playing as him in MKDA for the Gamecube. His thunder clap move was fun to used.

watch Hsu Hao become massively popular because people want to be "different" and before you know it, we cant get rid of his ass. Stop him while we still have the chance? I think so

(not Implying bbblp is this way, he actually really likes hsu hao lol..........must be a lonley fanclub)

I hate Boon's ignorance.

Just because he doesn't like a character they have to be treated like shit :mad:

I can almost guarantee that if Boon had not called Hao his most hated character, nobody would call him the worst.
They would just ignore him and have him fall into obscurity.

Like Kai.

Hsu Hao reminds me of a post man just his hat though :S also in all honesty i liked him in MKDA. his thunder clap move was pretty cool. nice effects anyway.

Never understood the "Hsu Hao is the worst MK character" fuss. Sure, he may not be an iconic, memorable character but he was decent and with a better development he could be improved like other characters were (for instance Stryker).

Never understood the "Hsu Hao is the worst MK character" fuss. Sure, he may not be an iconic, memorable character but he was decent and with a better development he could be improved like other characters were (for instance Stryker).

I reckon its because if ed boon doesnt like hsu hao then no one else will :/.........Well most people anyway.

I think it's possible that Boon could give him a cameo appearance in MK10's story mode for the sole purpose of getting killed off gruesomely.

You know, what with Daegon being in the background of the pit in MK9, its possible we might see more emphasis on him and the rest of the Red Dragon in the next game.

They should probably add more playable Red Dragon members if they won't do Hsu Hao. I don't even get why all the developers hate him I think if they just gave him a less commie look and more of a Red Dragon look he'd be cooler

Hsu Hao is a horrible character. One of the worst 3D MK characters designed. It's a good thing we won't be seeing him again.

Dairou is many times better than Hsu Hao in my opinion...I mean, ripping out someone's ribs and then stabbing them into the opponent's eyeballs, pretty gruesome. For me, the worst character would have to be Mokap.
Yeah on that one. But he was not really meant to be taken seriously was he? Just a cameo appearances and that's it.
As for Hsu Hao, as someone else said, I feel he has potential to come good. Has nice moves and just needs a better storyline and more of a leadership role and he will be alright.
Yeah, he followed Mavado and took orders but that was just an introduction of his character (Reptile is always serving someone too).
With more experience and a re-telling of his story he can become better than he has. MK production shouldn't give up on him just yet.
His ending in Armageddon where he defeats Shinnok and konquers the Netherrealm was very good I thought!

Not a Fan...although i will admit his fatality was pretty awesome. Kano should have something like that