Goro

Jade

Goro

310px-Goro_new.jpg

Height: 8' 2"
Weight: 550 lbs.
Resides: Outworld

Goro became Grand Champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament after defeating the Great Kung Lao. For 500 years, he remained undefeated and helped Shang Tsung grow ever closer to achieving Shao Kahn's goal of domination over Earthrealm. In his tenth title defense, however, he faced Liu Kang. Kang pushed him to his limits and finally defeated the mighty Shokan warrior. In the tournament's aftermath he went missing after a battle where he fought Kano, Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade. He was believed to be dead. It is thought that he retreated back to his kingdom while Shang Tsung faced execution for his defeat at the hands of Liu Kang and for Goro's apparent death.

He would later resurface after Shao Kahn's defeat, during the events of Mortal Kombat 4/Mortal Kombat Gold. Despite having the intent to avenge his losses at the hands of Liu Kang, Goro began to take an interest in the matters of his own race and he joined his fellow Shokan in the war against the Centaurians. Kitana intervened and negotiated both races an uneasy truce and peace accord. Kung Lao interrupted the event because he wanted to kill Goro for vanquishing his ancestor. Kung Lao then slashed Goro's chest which left it scarred. Since it was a ceremonial blow, Kung Lao considered the score settled, the two shook hands. When Shinnok and his legion were defeated and Edenia was once again free, Goro and the Shokan race decided to ally with the Edenians. As a condition in their partnership, Goro signed a peace treaty with the Centaurians.

Years later, during the time of the Deadly Alliance, the united Edenians and Shokans marched on Shao Kahn's weakened army. Goro was exhausted from battle and was struck from behind by Noob Saibot. He was mortally wounded, apparently dying from the injury. So, Princess Kitana held a royal funeral for her former ally. However, Goro was able to survive, being saved from death by Shao Kahn himself, with the promise to return the Shokans to their former glory and the banishment of the Centaurians in exchange for his allegiance. Agreeing to these terms, Goro placed his royal seal on a nearby fallen disfigured Shokan (whom Kitana and the other Shokans found and mistook for him, successfully deceiving them while hiding his defection) and resumed his place at Shao Kahn's side.

In the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Goro helped Shao Kahn to become the Emperor of Outworld again. It was revealed in the bios of Shang Tsung and Mileena that along with Shang Tsung, he aided Shao Kahn in reclaiming his stronghold, which was occupied by the edenian forces led by Mileena. The three crushed all who defended the stronghold, and with their combined might destroyed the reinforced door that guarded the throne room. Mileena then surrendered, and Shao Kahn became Emperor once more.

In Konquest Mode in Mortal Kombat:Armageddon, Goro is confronted by Taven in Shao Kahn's Fortress, as the latter wishes to kill Quan Chi but must get past Goro in order to do so. Taven eventually defeats Goro, who storms off.

In his Armageddon ending, Goro defeats Blaze and attains the powers of a god. Onaga, Shao Kahn, Quan Chi and Shang Tsung had formed an alliance to retrieve his powers. They confronted Goro in an attempt to get it, but Goro unleased an ancient Shokan warcry he roared and from beyond the pyramid came an army of Shokan warriors that killed the four attackers. The Shokan then ruled Outworld.

Signature Moves
Fireball (MK1, MKT, MK4, MKG, MK:SM, MK 2011)
Leaping Stomp (MK1, MKT, MK4, MKG, MK:D, MK:U, MK:SM, MK:A)
Chest Pound (MK1, MKT, MK4, MKG, MK:SM)
Spinning Slaps (MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
Tremor Pound (MK4, MKG ,MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
X-Ray Move: Shokan Headache (MK 2011)

Fatalities
Dragon Fangs (MK:D)
Limb Rip (MK:D)
Boss Fatality (MK:SM)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Self Impale (MK:D)​

I know Kintaro is supposed to be bigger and badder than Goro, but no boss holds a stronger place in my heart than the four-armed OG, Goro.

I think Goro, along with Kintaro will have a major role in the next game. Most likely he will defend Outworld with the shokan against the armies of Shinnok. I'm not sure why he randomly sided with Shinnok in Mk4 and then immediately went back to Shao Kahn in MKDA. My guess is he was included just as a namesake sub boss in MK4 and nothing more.

Nevertheless I would like him to be playable in the next game and not as a boss. He could be one of those hard hitter type characters with lesser combo potential but a little bit more armor. I would like to see more variety in terms of charcter fighting styles than all fighters just being combo machines.

I loved his story in MK4 and Deadly Alliance

Yet again I completely agree with Flying Jinko. And LOL at Shang T Sung, he always says the wittiest shit :laugh:

I found this animation of Goro in Mortal Kombat 1 of him dying. I guess it wasn't put in the game because they didn't want to kill him off.
goro-dying.gif

Why do you find every fake sprite that exists of Mortal Kombat and think that they're real?