Goro

the one with the sword isnt shang tsungs special move but more his fatality he should have in MK1... i've got here somewhere an old german magazine with a 8 page interview and lots of details about mortal kombat 1 and 2 (it was shortly before the release of MK2)... boon sais there tsungs sword which he has was put there for his fatality (decapitating the enemy)... goros planed fatality was to grab the enemy and smash his head with his other hands... that are all infos i got...

the one with the sword isnt shang tsungs special move but more his fatality he should have in MK1... i've got here somewhere an old german magazine with a 8 page interview and lots of details about mortal kombat 1 and 2 (it was shortly before the release of MK2)... boon sais there tsungs sword which he has was put there for his fatality (decapitating the enemy)... goros planed fatality was to grab the enemy and smash his head with his other hands... that are all infos i got...
Yes! I had a british magazine with almost exactly the same thing in it, except it wasnt ed boon saying so it was just a rumour

i dont think so... it was an interview with ed boon and john tobias... eclusively for the magazine... lots of photos from the actors, behind the scenes... informations about franchise and so on... this information came directly from the MK creators... so it has to be true :D
and now you can see the sprites from the ripped rom... they said the sword was just there for the fatality... dont know if they hadnt enough time to put it in or something... because of this i guess now they planned to include boss fatalities on MK2... because of tsungs kintaro fatality... but thats just what i think...

i dont think so... it was an interview with ed boon and john tobias... eclusively for the magazine... lots of photos from the actors, behind the scenes... informations about franchise and so on... this information came directly from the MK creators... so it has to be true :D
and now you can see the sprites from the ripped rom... they said the sword was just there for the fatality... dont know if they hadnt enough time to put it in or something... because of this i guess now they planned to include boss fatalities on MK2... because of tsungs kintaro fatality... but thats just what i think...

Last edited:
You dont think what? I never said it was the exact same thing. Obviously the writers had pulled the fatality thing from another magazine.

Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, Moloch

All badass sub-bosses, but Goro is probably my favorite one because he just looks the coolest to me out of everyone

And I also think he has the best story

Really like his portrayal in the games as a sort of anti-villain who is proud and honorable despite being in allegiance with Shao Kahn

One thing about Goro that I think people overlook as a whole far too much is his MK9 ending, where he transforms into the Destroyer Prince after slaying Shao Kahn

Not only that, but it says that Destroyer Prince is even a prophecy, and that his purpose was to "reunite the Shokan bloodlines"

I don't know about others, but to me, that is a very interesting new story element that I hope they elaborate on in future games

Yeah

Kintaro had one, too

You could only find them in the huge ass demo leak though pre-MK9

I actually thought because of those, that the sub-bosses might have been playable, at least in arcade mode, since they for sure had endings

Goro will always be my favourite sub boss. I always thought he played the biggest role out of all the sub bosses in MK history.

Well, he's appeared in more games as a sub boss than any other character. MK1, Mk4 (Console versions only), Mk:A, and MK9.