Darrius

Jade

Darrius

420px-MKD_Darrius.jpg

Darrius is a Seidan who became disillusioned with Seido's oppressive nature. As a result, he defected, and now leads a resistance movement to overthrow Orderrealm's Senate, taking advantage of the Laws of Order to manipulate residents into participating in his movement. One tactic is to have a Guardsman's family murdered, who will then retaliate and be expelled from the Guard. They are then ripe for induction into the swelling ranks.

Others joined him of their own volition, such as the Cleric of Chaos, Havik.

He hired Dairou, a fellow Seidan guardsman, to kill Hotaru. It is unknown if Dairou succeeded, though the three returned in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

In Darrius's Armageddon ending, upon defeating Blaze, the pyramid shrank and transformed into a golden ring. The ring granted Darrius access to Argus's vault, wherein lay the treasure reserved for Taven and Daegon. The powerful artifacts allowed Darrius to finally defeat Hotaru and conquer the Realm of Order. But since the items were meant only for Argus's lineage to wield, Taven and Daegon have been sent on another quest together to defeat Darrius and retrieve what he has stolen.

Signature Moves
Tricky Blast (MK:D, MK:A)
Twisty Kick (MK:D, MK:A)
Chest Cruncher (MK:D, MK:A)
Target Practice (MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Arm Bash (MK:D)
Rearrange (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Head Smash (MK:D)​

It's hard to see him returning in any of the future MKs. His "Rearrange" fatality was pretty cool, and his story in Deception was okay I guess, but he didn't really seem to have a bigger purpose outside of the Orderrealm.

I think he has a pretty good look, and has potential, but I'm not sure how well he could come back without Hotaru and Havik because he is pretty much is dependent on them storyline wise, specifically Hotaru.

I like the Resistance storyline in opposition to Hotaru's Order tyranny, though.

His weapons were cool too.

1 black guy is enough,,,,no darrius

*cough*Human Cyrax, Kai, yeah... might wanna check up on that....

Anyways, I think the one positive thing about him was that he was somewhat neutral (no science pun intended). I could see a scenario of him and Havik causing chaos in Earthrrealm or Outworld just for the heck of it; or maybe one where he stays a Seidan guardsmen but still defects, except this time he takes a good percent of the other Seidan guardsmen with him and becomes part of Earthrealm's defense.

Last edited:
Hmm is it just me, or is Johnny Cage's outfit in his MK9 arcade ending very similar to Darrius's primary? Potential plot development there. :p

What's wrong with black people? Well, they suck!

LOL, that was only a joke....

No, black people are fine. I think the problem is Darrius is too much of a STEREOTYPICAL black person. Human Cyrax is cool because he is a ninja who is turned into a cyborg, so at least they gave him some personality. You can't just say, "we're going to make another big black guy with huge muscles, but no other real discerning feature."

It would be like if they just made another Asian guy and made him fast and a kung fu master. We've already got Liu Kang. At least Kung Lao has a hat.

So if they really want another black character, they have to do something unique with him. They can't just add a Jax/Balrog/TJ Combo.

And I actually thought that Darrius' rearrange fatality was one of the dumbest fatalities that I've ever seen.

I said ONE of the dumbest fatalities!

I agree with you. People say Quan Chi's neck stretch in MKDA is the worst fatality ever, but I actually agree that Rain's fatality in MKT was the worst ever. I pretty much think all of the fatalities in MK3/UMK3/MKT are absolutely horrible. I mean, I agree that Quan Chi's neck stretch is very terrible, but at least it's kind of funny to watch the opponent walk around with a giraffe neck for a few seconds. MK3/UMK3/MKT fatalities are mostly just plain awful, they don't even have a sense of irony and are not funny without even trying. They just suck.

Darrius probably has the worst fatality in the 3D MK games, though. Or at least one of them. Of course, he also has one of the better ones with his arm rip/slap fatality.

I really don't think NRS will receive any complaints if they never include Darrius again. I don't think they have any intentions on bringing him back and I can't fathom how they even came to create him. They must have really been out of ideas.

At first, I thought Darrius was generic and forgettable.

Now, I still think Darrius is generic and forgettable. But hey, he's standing up against guys who would arrest you on the spot and literally keep you in prison long enough to grow a long, white beard simply for breaking a curfew you never knew about. I respect that.

Overall, I like his story, but if he's not brought back, I wouldn't miss him much, if at all.

Darrius is another one of those underrated MK characters that I love

I loved his ruthless and manipulative personality, especially considering that sort of archetype in particular is one of my favorites

I also loved his gauntlets, plus he kinda looks like Dutch from Black Lagoon, one of my favorite animes:

Dutch.001-1iwghnx.jpg

Any bald black guy with sunglasses looks like him.

I gave him some thought, and I think he does have some potential. I'd like him to be more connected with Havok. You remember how in Deception there are Seido guardsmen in the Chaosrealm trying to control the water? Have Darrius be one of those guards. Havok sends some men to capture them. They're kept in a prison with no food and no water, kind of like Grimm's Twisted Metal Black story, Darrius eats his fellow guards to stay alive. Impressed, Havok decided to mentor the man who now questions the very laws of life, seeing how he just committed one of the biggest crimes against nature. He takes him under his wing and has him Embrace Chaos (20 coolboy points to whoever catches that reference). Darrius is sent back to Seido as an undercover harbinger of lawlessness, who's mission is to rot the strict system from the inside out.

I like that

It would make a lot of sense, considering that in Deception's bio, he turns against the Seidan Guard, yet they never explain the events that took place that made him do so

Any bald black guy with sunglasses looks like him.

I gave him some thought, and I think he does have some potential. I'd like him to be more connected with Havok. You remember how in Deception there are Seido guardsmen in the Chaosrealm trying to control the water? Have Darrius be one of those guards. Havok sends some men to capture them. They're kept in a prison with no food and no water, kind of like Grimm's Twisted Metal Black story, Darrius eats his fellow guards to stay alive. Impressed, Havok decided to mentor the man who now questions the very laws of life, seeing how he just committed one of the biggest crimes against nature. He takes him under his wing and has him Embrace Chaos (20 coolboy points to whoever catches that reference). Darrius is sent back to Seido as an undercover harbinger of lawlessness, who's mission is to rot the strict system from the inside out.

I like that story of yours.

But what powers and abilities suit Darrius & fatalities?

Last edited:
Unless there wre more Armageddon type games I don't see him making too many appearances in the future. Not the worst but there are better.

Unlike some of you, I'm in favor of more black characters. However I agree that Darrius didn't leave much of an impression. He and Kobra are the first two characters that come to mind when I think about lame MK characters. However I like his look. Maybe he'd do better in an underground fighting club type of game.

Black, White, Asian or any other race, I gave less than 2 shits for most of the post-MK3 characters, and Darrius was on the top of my MK shit list.
He was just one of the many bland characters in the DA thru Armageddon era, IMO.

Minus a few stand-out characters like Kenshi, Tanya, Quan Chi, Reiko, Fujin, Havik and Sareena, the rest of the newer characters after MK4 were just bland garbage to me.