Bo' Rai Cho

Jade

Bo' Rai Cho

420px-Bo-rai-cho.jpg

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 375 lbs.
Resides: Earthrealm

Bo' Rai Cho taught several great warriors, including Liu Kang, Shujinko and the legendary Muso Gonnosuke. Although he teaches the warriors of Earthrealm, he's originally from Outworld and never participated in a Mortal Kombat tournament, but instead uses his fighting skills to train Earthrealm warriors. He rose when the Deadly Alliance was formed.

When his student Liu Kang was murdered by the sorcerers Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, he began training Liu Kang's old friend, Kung Lao, so that he could slay Shang Tsung. While other Earthrealm warriors prepared for an attack against the Deadly Alliance, Bo' Rai Cho spied on Shang Tsung's palace and rescued Li Mei, another fellow native of Outworld. During the events of Mortal Kombat: Deception, he regrouped with other Earthrealm warriors led by the Thunder God Raiden and retreated.

In Bo' Rai Cho's Armageddon ending, after defeating Blaze he is transported to meet the Elder Gods, who appoint him as protector god of Outworld.

Signature Moves
Puke Puddle (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:A)
Monkey Flips (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:A)
Belly Bash (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:A)
Earthquake (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Belly Flop Smash (MK:DA)
Flaming Fart (MK:D)
Fire Breath (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Exploding Fart (MK:D)​

Oh right, Bo'rai Cho... Weeeell, he always looked to me like a fat guy from an octoberfest, with that vest, fat drinking belly, fullbeard with creepy smile and surely didn't help he did drunken kung fu... i don't know, he just looked too much like this to me
pd2114922.jpg

could never really see him as a great martial arts expert. :neutral:

They should revamp Bo Rai Cho and model him after Jackie Chan's character in his Drunken Master series, like they did in the Dead or Alive series and Tekken. I think he would be a popular character if he wasn't so fat and had more serious moves, he should have Drunken Fist as his primary fighting style. If they want to put a fat character they can put a deadly sumo wrestler not waste the only drunken master.

I liked the idea of this character but I think they just made him too silly to take him seriously, well for me anyway. His farts/burps and all that just made me block him out of the MK Cannon haha just couldn't do it, hopefully they revamp him this time/in the future and I'd be more than willing to give him a chance.

Can't believe this guy trained Liu Kang.

He is the prime mark of when MK starting losing its subtle humor (Pac-Man in MK1, Raiden's gibberish etc) and started making an ass of itself (Fatalities where a fat drunk man dry-humps you to death, farts on you, burps on you.)

I like Bo'Rai Cho... alot... maybe he can't be taken seriously but I like the guy; I think its because of Deception's Konquest mode. I'd like to see him as DLC in MK9 or in MK10. The one story element I found the most interesting about him is the fact that he was born in Outworld, thereby making him unable to enter the tournament for Earthrealm.

I like Bo'Rai Cho... alot... maybe he can't be taken seriously but I like the guy; I think its because of Deception's Konquest mode. I'd like to see him as DLC in MK9 or in MK10. The one story element I found the most interesting about him is the fact that he was born in Outworld, thereby making him unable to enter the tournament for Earthrealm.

You're right on that one.
He had a great Konquest story, but had terrible gameplay.

You're right on that one.
He had a great Konquest story, but had terrible gameplay.

Yeah, thats one of the reasons why I'd like to see him in MK9 as DLC, because NRS did a great job of not only retelling the story, but making each character unique. I'd love to see what they could do with Bo'Rai Cho's gameplay so that he could become more of a popular character.

I don't think he should be serious I love his off the wall moves. His vomit and belly attack are both comical and effective, but he also had those somersalt kicks so you know he's not just a old drunk! His drunken fighting stance automatically makes him one of the most fun and enjoyable to almost everyone. We don't need just another Shoalin master who's an even more deadly and serious warrior. I think it's wise for Bo'Rai'Cho not to take himself to seriously and to be a more likeable teddy bear Shoalin master. I think people would like him more if he was more funny. If he was a really good character to play as who kick ass, and he mumbled crazy stuff that sounded funny when he did crazy move people would love to play as him just to see what will happen. Also give him good parts in the story mode as the comic relief, which there should be plenty of opprotunity since there arn't to many comics in the bunch.

I hope in Mortal Kombat 10 they make Bo' Rai Cho a more serious kharacter like they made it seem like in Liu Kang's Vigette. I loved his story in MKD. I just don't like the fact he isn't a serious character. He's a little bit to nasty for me. I would of like it more if Shujinko was Liu Kang's trainer. That would of made more sense right there. Shujinko is serious just like Liu Kang. Bo' Rai Cho just seems like he doesn't have any desiplne.

I like Bo rai Cho. In a way he reminds me of me(Not the whole drunken fat ass thing) He is not serious when he is fighting but when it comes down to it he can be serious. Its like a deception.