Bo' Rai Cho

I hate the puking for Bo Rai Cho.
If he weren't such an important character, sure go right on ahead, but this is the guy that trained Liu Kang for funk's sake. Lei Wulong from the Tekken series uses the Drunken Fist style, but he isn't puking all over King's fur.

I say replace the puke with him spilling some wine on the ground.

Well of course we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm not going to demand people to believe what I have to say is right, but I'm certainly not going to stay quiet over something.
Makes perfect sense there.

If you were making this about me expressing my opinions how someone made a huge fuss about puking in a game that consists of mutilating human beings, well, at least understand where I'm coming from. Why complain about a puke move in a game where we see more disgusting images, as well as make a really big (and somewhat silly) fuss?
Well I can't speak for him, and I wasn't making this about you. Like I said, you and us are all entitled to our opinions.

Of course, there was more that happened, I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but the main issue with this one person was complaining about vomiting in a fighting game where people are ripping organs out in plain view of the player. How is puking more disgusting than anything we've seen in this game?
MK IS blood and gore. In fact, that is probably the BIGGEST reason why people love it. Not the storyline or watching people puke puddles. I just do not think that is what people come to see MK for in the end.

Makes perfect sense there.

Well I can't speak for him, and I wasn't making this about you. Like I said, you and us are all entitled to our opinions.

MK IS blood and gore. In fact, that is probably the BIGGEST reason why people love it. Not the storyline or watching people puke puddles. I just do not think that is what people come to see MK for in the end.

Don't speak for people please. Blood and guts has nothing to do with why I love Mortal Kombat, and I actually do enjoy the storyline that the series have, even if there's a lot of plot inconsistencies.

But I am puzzled as to why you quoted me, previously, and responded that we are entitled to our opinions. I'm not sure why that was something that needed to be said out of me throwing my two cents as to what I'd like to see with this character if he were to return for the next game, or for any future game. I mean, I'm just coming into these character threads and doing the same thing I've been doing and that's throwing my two cents as to what I'd like to see these characters have/do for the next time we see them.

Just asking out of curiosity.

Don't speak for people please. Blood and guts has nothing to do with why I love Mortal Kombat, and I actually do enjoy the storyline that the series have, even if there's a lot of plot inconsistencies.
Well I'll speak for other people if I have the facts. Many people who I have played with at the least don't care about the blood (though obviously there would be people who hate it just like BRC's puke puddle). Ed Boon himself has said he did not think MK would get to where it is today if the first game did not have blood in it. Look at MK DA history video. I was speaking on a general basis, not for you or EVERYONE. That's fair enough isn't it?

But I am puzzled as to why you quoted me, previously, and responded that we are entitled to our opinions. I'm not sure why that was something that needed to be said out of me throwing my two cents as to what I'd like to see with this character if he were to return for the next game, or for any future game. I mean, I'm just coming into these character threads and doing the same thing I've been doing and that's throwing my two cents as to what I'd like to see these characters have/do for the next time we see them.

Just asking out of curiosity.
We all have our reasons as to not like the puke puddle. Myself and others don't like it either. It was a defensive reaction at the time. That is all I can say now, I will tell you why I don't like it when I get more time on here.

They should revamp Bo Rai Cho and model him after Jackie Chan's character in his Drunken Master series, like they did in the Dead or Alive series and Tekken. I think he would be a popular character if he wasn't so fat and had more serious moves, he should have Drunken Fist as his primary fighting style. If they want to put a fat character they can put a deadly sumo wrestler not waste the only drunken master.

I came to this thread to make a comment similar to this post. I do think Bo' Rai Cho should be modeled after a character in the movie Drunken Master (AWESOME kung fu flick, btw), but not Jackie Chan's. Like you said, it was already done in Tekken. Plus, we don't really need a character based off of Jackie Chan when it already has a character based off of Bruce Lee. They should've modeled him after the old man in The Drunken Master, I mean he was THE drunken master, so it'd make sense. This would also allow for more subtle (and better) humor from the character. I hate the puking, farting, etc. The one thing I do like about Bo is his drunken fist fighting style and stance is awesome as Hell. Shame really, he's basically the Jar Jar Binks of MK when it comes to how much hate he receives, but I would've loved the character had they handled him better.

9689620_ori.jpg

I say, keep these moves. I don't mind them, really. Even if it is just potty humor. It's what makes the character unique.

I disagree. I think his drunken fist style and stance would've been enough to make him a unique, fun character.

I hope Bo' Rai Cho trains Kung Lao. If Kung Lao is back to take out Liu Kang, he would benefit from knowing how he trained. Bo Rai Cho knows some of Liu Kang's weaknesses.