Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: Fujin

  1. #21
    Hollywood Superstar Recon Number 54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    921
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Quote Originally Posted by kylerandom199 View Post
    Personally, I liked Raiden more; Fujin's pastel blue and pink remind me of an easter egg, and that is the real turn off for me.
    I Wish he Would`nt Plat His Hair He Would Look Like Smoke And Smoke`s Hair Is AWESOME!
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2czaano.png

    Credit to armaggeddon for sig

  2. #22
    New Kombatant Lin Fu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Switzerland / Serbia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    55
    Twitter
    @bobby_markovic
    PSN
    Bobo_Males
    Thanked: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Smoke's hair is gay. Fujin looks awesome now and he should be like that. It has some chinese flair

  3. #23
    Black Dragon Recruit tremor_209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Davao, Philippines
    Age
    33
    Posts
    724
    Twitter
    @tremor_209
    Thanked: 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    I love fujin's MK:A design. He looks young and tough than his MK4 design, Old and "looks like" a wimp. Just saying..

    MORTAL KOMBAT ! ! !

  4. #24
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    94
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    I think he should have an alternate costume with a hat similar to Raiden's. The hat shouldn't be exclusive to Raiden, I think it's a sign of Godliness. Fujin's moves were neat in MK4 and Armageddon, I also liked the cross-bow. It'd be really cool if his hair blew with his wind moves, or if things in the arena could get blown by the wind.

  5. #25
    Special Forces Agent Vigilante_FireDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Edenia, settling and living with Jade, plus traveling far in Thanagar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,804
    Xbox Live
    DrAgOnA2206
    Thanked: 164
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Muerte View Post
    I think he should have an alternate costume with a hat similar to Raiden's. The hat shouldn't be exclusive to Raiden, I think it's a sign of Godliness. Fujin's moves were neat in MK4 and Armageddon, I also liked the cross-bow. It'd be really cool if his hair blew with his wind moves, or if things in the arena could get blown by the wind.
    Good thinking. Maybe some leaves flying around Fujin, but not a lot, and maybe see characters' hair, flap or bandages move in the direction of the wind blowing.

    VFD-Patheon of Death and Destruction
    Hanzo Hasashi: "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid."

  6. #26
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    For those who havent read about this, I found more insight to Fujin's story during the events of MK4 while reading through wiki. I believe the orginal source was an Mk comic but not really sure. According to it when Shinnok ecaped Netherealm, he first decided to invade the Eternal Palace of the Elder Gods along with his army of darkness. Fujin who was one of the guardians, tried protecting the palace but was quickly overwhelmed and fell from the heavens to Earthrealm. Shinnok's minions pursued him there but he was saved by the arrival of Raiden, Liu Kang and Kai. It was from here that he decided to join forces with raiden and help him fight shinnok. This could also explain his absence upto the events of Mk4 as he was appointed a guardian of the Eternal Palace of the Eldar Gods possibly after being defeated by ESZ during the events of MKM:SZ.
    However with the death of Liu Kang in the altered timeline, it would be interesting to see how Fujin's fate turns out in MK10.
    Also Fujin's weapon in MK:A was originally a Wind Staff which Ed Boon described as 'an ancient tree branch fitted with 'Forest Crystals' with magical wind energy circling around the twigs at the end of the staff'. However they replaced with a crappy devastator sword due to the lack of time. I really would love to see that staff return with Fujin as either DLC for MK9 or in MK10, coz it sounds so kick ass.

  7. #27
    Tarkatan Warrior Raddus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    271
    PSN
    Raddus
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    I'd love Fujin in MK9, but his costume and hair need some work.
    Gotta get wet, if you wanna make waves.

  8. #28
    Kombatant Infinity Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    151
    Thanked: 15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    In my opinion: Fujin HAS to make more appearances in future MK games. He seems like a very wise character because he never has temper (like his brother Raiden). I prefered his voice in MKA over MK4/Gold. Fujin's moves are cool too with the tornadoes and everything.

    His costume designs in both MK4 and Armageddon were alright. But my favorite thing about his costume design is his ponytail (kind of a Kitana ripoff, but still effectivly used).
    May chaos break the rules that bind.

  9. #29
    Black Dragon Recruit Switchblade922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Hartfor, New York, United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    620
    Xbox Live
    Switchblade922
    Steam
    Switchblade922
    Thanked: 10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Yes. Fujin is awesome. I hope he's the fourth mystery character, but I doubt it heavily.

    Y'know guys. I heard a rumor that NRS is making an ultimate edition of MK9. So we could possibly see a UMK with all kinds of cool characters from MK4 like Reiko, Fujin, Kai, Shinnok, Tanya and maybe Jarek(not saying Jarek is cool, he's just another Kano knock-off IMO). This may also include more costumes, fatalities, alternate X-Rays(like in SSFIV with alternate Ultras), and possibly more gamemodes like the Tournement mode from Trilogy.

    Back to the subject at hand...

    Fujin has much potential in the ways of gameplay mechanics. I already can tell you that his main focus would be zoning, similar to how Kai would function in the 2.5D format. Or as a better comparison, Shang Tsung.

    The possibilities for his story elements, however; are near limitless. I won't repeat what you guys said, since I figure you guys are all smart enough to figure out on your own what they will do with him in the story.
    Last edited by Switchblade922; 07-06-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error

  10. #30
    Special Forces Agent Vigilante_FireDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Edenia, settling and living with Jade, plus traveling far in Thanagar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,804
    Xbox Live
    DrAgOnA2206
    Thanked: 164
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade922 View Post
    Yes. Fujin is awesome. I hope he's the fourth mystery character, but I doubt it heavily.

    Y'know guys. I heard a rumor that NRS is making an ultimate edition of MK9. So we could possibly see a UMK with all kinds of cool characters from MK4 like Reiko, Fujin, Kai, Shinnok, Tanya and maybe Jarek(not saying Jarek is cool, he's just another Kano knock-off IMO). This may also include more costumes, fatalities, alternate X-Rays(like in SSFIV with alternate Ultras), and possibly more gamemodes like the Tournement mode from Trilogy.

    Back to the subject at hand...

    Fujin has much potential in the ways of gameplay mechanics. I already can tell you that his main focus would be zoning, similar to how Kai would function in the 2.5D format. Or as a better comparison, Shang Tsung.

    The possibilities for his story elements, however; are near limitless. I won't repeat what you guys said, since I figure you guys are all smart enough to figure out on your own what they will do with him in the story.
    Kinda agree, but I think Fujin would be more of a rushdown with some of his specials as anti-air properties and a lot of spinning stun.

    VFD-Patheon of Death and Destruction
    Hanzo Hasashi: "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid."

  11. #31
    Kombatant linkueininja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    chillicothe,ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    229
    Twitter
    @mkninja101
    Xbox Live
    D4RTH M4REK
    PSN
    NINJA
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Fujin might look like the MK4 version, or MKA version but not that bald underwearing quball, from youtube.

  12. #32
    Black Dragon Recruit Switchblade922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Hartfor, New York, United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    620
    Xbox Live
    Switchblade922
    Steam
    Switchblade922
    Thanked: 10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante_FireDragon View Post
    Kinda agree, but I think Fujin would be more of a rushdown with some of his specials as anti-air properties and a lot of spinning stun.
    This makes sense. Perhaps some zoning, but I shift more towards your opions on this one. He would most likely have much more anti-air than zoning. I could see the rushdowns with possible "wind-teleports".

  13. #33
    Special Forces Agent Vigilante_FireDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Edenia, settling and living with Jade, plus traveling far in Thanagar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,804
    Xbox Live
    DrAgOnA2206
    Thanked: 164
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Yeah. Fujin's more dangerous when he outjuggles his opponents with his wind attacks, especially ending the combo with either Air Kick or Gusting Cyclone.

    VFD-Patheon of Death and Destruction
    Hanzo Hasashi: "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid."

  14. #34
    Black Dragon Recruit Switchblade922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Hartfor, New York, United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    620
    Xbox Live
    Switchblade922
    Steam
    Switchblade922
    Thanked: 10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante_FireDragon View Post
    Yeah. Fujin's more dangerous when he outjuggles his opponents with his wind attacks, especially ending the combo with either Air Kick or Gusting Cyclone.
    He wouldn't function too much differently in 2.5D I suppose.

  15. #35
    Lin Kuei Assassin Flying Jinko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shujinko's Beard
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanked: 340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Hopefully Fujin will return in the next game. I would like for his knee jab special move to return though I wouldn't want it to be like Kahn's rising knee where he just seems like trotting and lifting his knee. I like it to be more like how it was in MK4 where he could fly half way across the screen and jab his opponent multiple times. It could be an effective anti-air too.

  16. #36
    Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,952
    Thanked: 445
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Fujin should have a slightly less serious and more sarcastic tone and have more of a fighting role akin to the humans (yet still wise) in the story of MK10 in contrast to Raiden's more serious personality and "wait-and-see" approach. In that way, his personality would be differentiated from Raiden's and he wouldn't come off as just "another Raiden". His backstory needs to be fleshed out more; by that, I mean explain what he was doing during the events of MK9, a little bit about his powers and what he does, and how he's going to tie in the story of MK10. Don't just say, "Oh hey guys, here's the God of Wind, his name's Fujin, he heard about Shinnok and Quan Chi so he's gonna prepare to fight against him with Raiden kthnxbai". That was a BIG problem I had with a lot of PS2 era MK characters; how they would just randomly introduce new characters with shallow backstories only to find out, "Oh, gee, this guy's actually important to the storyline!" *cough* Taven and Daegon *cough*. He needs a proper reintroduction, so that casuals who don't know who the hell this Fujin guy is won't be completely lost on where he came from, and also so that this reintroduction can pleasantly surprise MK fans who may have wrote him off before in the older games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Jinko View Post
    For those who havent read about this, I found more insight to Fujin's story during the events of MK4 while reading through wiki. I believe the orginal source was an Mk comic but not really sure. According to it when Shinnok ecaped Netherealm, he first decided to invade the Eternal Palace of the Elder Gods along with his army of darkness. Fujin who was one of the guardians, tried protecting the palace but was quickly overwhelmed and fell from the heavens to Earthrealm. Shinnok's minions pursued him there but he was saved by the arrival of Raiden, Liu Kang and Kai. It was from here that he decided to join forces with raiden and help him fight shinnok. This could also explain his absence upto the events of Mk4 as he was appointed a guardian of the Eternal Palace of the Eldar Gods possibly after being defeated by ESZ during the events of MKM:SZ.
    However with the death of Liu Kang in the altered timeline, it would be interesting to see how Fujin's fate turns out in MK10.
    Also Fujin's weapon in MK:A was originally a Wind Staff which Ed Boon described as 'an ancient tree branch fitted with 'Forest Crystals' with magical wind energy circling around the twigs at the end of the staff'. However they replaced with a crappy devastator sword due to the lack of time. I really would love to see that staff return with Fujin as either DLC for MK9 or in MK10, coz it sounds so kick ass.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

  17. #37
    Special Forces Agent Vigilante_FireDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Edenia, settling and living with Jade, plus traveling far in Thanagar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,804
    Xbox Live
    DrAgOnA2206
    Thanked: 164
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    X-Ray for Fujin:

    He traps them in a pillar of tornado, being constantly spun around in the air. Then he uses his powers to fly and as the opponent is still spinning, he starts with a timed flying kick to the face, breaking their skull. Then, he breaks their spine with a flying punch to their lower back. Afterwards, he finishes with a powerful wind blast, that shreds his opponent and knocks them back to the wall, breaking their spine even more and shoulders.

    VFD-Patheon of Death and Destruction
    Hanzo Hasashi: "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid."

  18. #38
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,627
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4914
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Damn, a wall smash to finish?

    Thats sick bro

  19. #39
    Special Forces Agent Vigilante_FireDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Edenia, settling and living with Jade, plus traveling far in Thanagar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,804
    Xbox Live
    DrAgOnA2206
    Thanked: 164
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Specials and Enhanced Version:

    Tornado Wind
    *Tornado Storm: He launches two human-sized tornadoes at the opponent. If it connects, they will be stunned longer and spun around faster.
    Wind Kick
    *Hurricane Kick: He does a homing dive kick that hits 3 times. It's unbreakable on the last hit and sends the opponent to the wall.
    Air Lift (Air Funnel)
    *Wind Lift: He lifts his opponent even higher before bouncing them twice on the ground, each one sending the opponent higher than the last.
    Gust Twister
    *Gust Cyclone: He spins faster in place, gaining vaccuum properties, sucking the opponent within a certain distance before sending them upwards instead of straight to the ground.

    VFD-Patheon of Death and Destruction
    Hanzo Hasashi: "Blood for blood. Your debt is paid."

  20. #40
    New Kombatant Psypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hamunaptra - The City of the Dead
    Posts
    36
    Twitter
    @Psypher1
    PSN
    Psypher1
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fujin

    Fujin is epic!

    My main in Armageddon... Can I please have him back? Please Mr. Boon, can I have him back?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Theory about Fujin
    By UncleRuckus in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 09:11 PM
  2. Fujin in mkm
    By MKRayden in forum Mortal Kombat Arcade Klassics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 11:05 PM
  3. Fujin?
    By Prophet in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
  4. Fujin and Stryker
    By Evil Dead in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 12:53 PM
  5. Fujin and Reptile
    By edenianwarrior in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •