Ermac

Ermac is my favorite character in Mortal Kombat. It was firstly because I liked the color green, and his telekinetic glow attracted me. The telekinesis idea was so creative. I love his bandage mask and the red/black attire.

But what I never get enough of is his gravelly voice in MKD and MKA. It's so distinct from other characters, and I'd always laugh when he grunts after getting hit.

Ermac is a pretty well rounded character, that, along with his powers and cool color scheme, is what I always liked about him. He can zone, fight up close with decent combos and even bait people into attacking or trick people with his teleport looking like his energy ball and vice versa.

A little off topic, but is it just me or does Ermac resemble Todd Mcfarlane's Spawn in terms of the color scheme and green glowing eyes?

Ermac's my new favorite character. It just seems like I can combo with him better than other characters. Plus, his powers and look are pretty awesome, although I like his alterante costume much better than his primary; his headwrap is not my favorite part of his costume, so the hooded alt with face mask is much more to my liking.

I make a good combo then try a slight variation on it and come up with better versions of it because Ermac has a pretty flexible movepool. Definitely my new main, sorry Subby, Ermac is much better (for me at least)!

Last edited by a moderator:
when i whas fighting online whit my first main smoke and sombodey took ermac i was like omg he must be epic pro mk gamer
3 days later beating my friend whit ermac if u tink about it hes not that hard to learn k the highest combo i can do is a 35% combo no super meter or x ray but its my first mk ever i never expected to do even a combo cus normal i dont game whit strategy now i still get beaten by ppl online but i get better btw the 35% combo if u take away the 2 last moves and add the x ray its a 50%
and over hes costumes i like the second more it looks more epic than the first on neves ever looket tho hes costumes in the other mk games cus i dont have any other lol but yea ermac is epic and is it true ermac learned kensji som moves in a other game or somting? just wondering kensji's moves looks a bit like the ons of ermac if u think about it kensji looks like noob ermac combination lol

when i whas fighting online whit my first main smoke and sombodey took ermac i was like omg he must be epic pro mk gamer
3 days later beating my friend whit ermac if u tink about it hes not that hard to learn k the highest combo i can do is a 35% combo no super meter or x ray but its my first mk ever i never expected to do even a combo cus normal i dont game whit strategy now i still get beaten by ppl online but i get better btw the 35% combo if u take away the 2 last moves and add the x ray its a 50%

Yeah, his combos are pretty easy; I think he's one of the easiest characters to use (no offense to Ermac players). I like his primary costume a bit more than I do his alt, but his klassic is pretty good too.

Oh how much I use to love using this character on MK3, UMK3, and MKT. Was so much fun using him. Back then I considered him one of my favorite male ninjas next to Scorpion and Reptile. Now, I just hate him because of he looks ever since they debuted that silly mummy looking design for him in MKD. He don't feel like Ermac anymore to me. He is more like a mummy now lol.

I've been trying him out lately, and he's a badass. If I can hook together some good combos he's gonna be my second guy-to-go behind Noob. I could never replace Noob.

Spoiler:
except if it's Havik

Ermac is my favorite character in Mortal Kombat. It was firstly because I liked the color green, and his telekinetic glow attracted me. The telekinesis idea was so creative. I love his bandage mask and the red/black attire.

But what I never get enough of is his gravelly voice in MKD and MKA. It's so distinct from other characters, and I'd always laugh when he grunts after getting hit.

The reason their voice was gravely in MKD and MKA was cuz this is like their first time back then that were trying to give each or certain character their own unique voice since from MK1-MKDA, the voice and soundbox were too generic.

There seems to be a conflict in Ermac's storyline. In mk9 Shang refers to him as 'Shao Kahn's latest creation' and Mk wiki quotes his age as less than one year while in the MKD storyline, Shujinko encounters Ermac in the netherealm, a good 20 years before the first Mortal Kombat tournament. I hope NRS might have forgotten about it than intentionally ignore it cause if its the latter it may be a step in the direction of scrapping the MKD storyline in the future games.:S

Also this made me LMAO :laugh:

and over hes costumes i like the second more it looks more epic than the first on neves ever looket tho hes costumes in the other mk games cus i dont have any other lol but yea ermac is epic and is it true ermac learned kensji som moves in a other game or somting? just wondering kensji's moves looks a bit like the ons of ermac if u think about it kensji looks like noob ermac combination lol
What the ****?

I always thought it would be cool that in MK10 if Ermac, due to his (hypothetical) aid in unmerging Edenia from Outworld and Argus' ascension to Elder God status, inherited Argus' former position as Protector of Edenia and was granted godhood status and godlike power by Argus due to this.

Ermac to me always seemed like a wise character with a lot of foresight. This is mainly due to his Deception ending where he was able to feel that the realms were still in grave danger despite he and Liu Kang's recent victory over breaking the spell that Onaga had over Liu Kang's allies. He could even feel that this "ominous force" that was threatening the realms had some presence over Onaga, something not even The Dragon King himself was aware of. Coupled with his obvious leadership abilities due to being a king millennia ago, I think Ermac would make a great Protector of Edenia

Ermac is my definite favorite character of perhaps my favorite game series

He has one of the most badass designs I've ever seen from a fictional character, especially in Deception

I already have a hard on for warriors with telekinetic powers, and Ermac combines that with an excellent story and character

I love his desire to atone for his past sins, his unique mannerisms, and as of MK9, his dominant soul Jerrod's wisdom and past as the king of a fallen realm. I interpret Ermac as being a strong-willed and honorable warrior yet also a kind-hearted and knowledgeable entity of deceased souls. I also imagine him to be very tactical, calm and diplomatic, after all, he is the ruler of a peaceful realm

I admit that although I liked Ermac in UMK3, I didn't fall in love with him until Deception rolled around when he turned good. I loved his Deception ending where he and only he senses that the realms as a whole are still in danger. I also really liked his MK9 bio and ending as they added even more elements to Ermac that helped to flesh him out more as a character

I would love to see the fight between Shao Kahn and Jerrod that they had in the past, as a matter of fact Edenia's history in general just fascinates me

Well, each ninja needs to be unique somehow. With the bandages wrapping around Ermac's head, it makes him cryptic and mysterious, yet very ominous and picture him as a hermit.