Ermac

Jade

Ermac

250px-Ermac_mk9.jpg

Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 180 lbs
Resides: Outworld

Ermac is an entity composed of legions of dead souls created by Shao Kahn, most likely out of souls he had previously taken. On one mission for Shao Kahn in the Netherrealm, Ermac became acquainted with Shujinko. He was also assaulted by Ashrah who believed him to be a demon, but parried her attack easily.

Ermac served as one of Shao Kahn's greatest warriors, participating in the invasion of Earthrealm (as recounted in Mortal Kombat 3). However, after Shao Kahn's defeat and subsequent loss of power, Ermac remained under Kahn's control and wandered Outworld without instructions. During the events of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, the wandering Ermac was found by the blind swordsman Kenshi and was freed from Kahn's control. To show his gratitude, Ermac taught Kenshi the art of telekinesis. Ermac's newfound freedom meant he was also free to choose his own destiny.

He decided to repent his earlier ways and became a force for good. After making this decision, he met a warrior soul who, like Kenshi, understood his suffering. This warrior soul was that of Liu Kang and was not only in need of another ally, but assistance in freeing his enslaved comrades. Ermac was eager to help Liu Kang, as this was an opportunity to help him atone for the evil he had committed in Shao Kahn's name. Ermac decided to help Liu Kang and the two would set out to free Liu's allies (Jax Briggs, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kitana and Kung Lao) from Onaga's control. They are eventually successful in their pursuit. In Ermac's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ending, it is said that after he defeats Blaze, the many souls contained inside of Ermac are released and form new bodies. They are all connected to each other psychically in a collective conscience, now making Ermac no longer just a fusion of souls, but an army.

Signature Moves
Teleport Punch (UMK3, MKT, MK:SM, MK 2011)
Telekinetic Slam (UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:SM, MK:A, MK 2011)
Hado-Energy (UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:SM, MK:A, MK 2011)
Mystic Float (MK:D, MK:A, MK 2011)
Mystic Bomb (MK:D, MK:A MK 2011)
Dive Kick (MK:D, MK:A)
Telekinetic Throw (MK:D, MK:A)
Telekinetic Push (MK 2011)
Low Telekinetic Toss (MK:SM)
Telekinetic Air Strike (MK:SM)
Telekinetic Tornado (MK:SM)
X-Ray Move (MK2011)

Fatalities
Telekinetic Slams (UMK3, MKT, MK:D)
Uppercut Explosion (MKAD)
Uppercut from Hell (UMK3, MKT)
Telekinetic Tear (MK:D)
Boss Fatality (MK:SM)
Telekinetic Disememberment (MK 2011)

Other Finishers
Friendship: Rabbit (UMK3, MKT)
Friendship # 2: PC-in-the-Box (MKAD)
Animality: Frog (UMK3, MKT)
Hara-Kiri: Headache (MK:D)​

I always hated fighting him in UMK3; that tk slam in UMK3 on the higher difficulties always seemed to catch me for some reason haha. He's an awesome character though; I love the fact that he says "We" instead of just me since he's composed of dead souls. I'm loving the way he looks and fights in MK9; I wonder how/if Ermac's role will change in the MK9 story.

He's looking cool for MK, I just don't know how I feel about his cannon ball xray

The second part of that X-ray did surprise me a bit at first, but it's definitely unique and now for some reason it just seems to fit him perfectly; maybe it's because the second half of the X-ray looks like Mystic Float to Mystic bomb except that he lands on the opponents back. I like the look on the guys face after Ermac lands on them though lol.

Last edited:
My favorite since his debut. Always thought the telkinetic slam was badass, even though very difficult to pull off, and never really thought much of the mystic float, which seems clunky and awkward.

Here's hoping they do him justice this time around

I'm pretty excited to see him return. One of my favorite characters is back, and better than ever. I hope they show at least one of his fatalities in the game.

I hope this time that they put him in the good alignment once more.

Last edited:
I seen one of his fatalities. Very nice how he takes advantage of his telekinetic powers in the game. I think he's a mixture of keepaway and mind game juggle.

I didnt played too much the first MK games, but after seeing Ermac in mksm I fell in love for him ^^ I just love this character!

Anyone have a close look at Ermac's face? He looks evil as hell, there's some mighty sharp teeth on him. Just found it interesting.

ermacface.png

I think his alt costume is great as well.

Anyone have a close look at Ermac's face? He looks evil as hell, there's some mighty sharp teeth on him. Just found it interesting.

ermacface.png

I think his alt costume is great as well.

Wow, I've gotta pay closer attention to that video. Yeah his alt looks cool and he is sporting some pretty sharp teeth. Maybe it'll be explained in the story line.

Ermac went from being just another generic pallet-swap ninja to really having his own identity. He's become arguably the best ninja in MK (mainly because some people are a little tired of Scorpion and Sub-Zero).

Now Rain needs the same treatment...

Ermac, Shujinko and Sub-Zero defined Mortal Kombat Deception for me.
What made him even better is he was a good guy.