Kenshi

Jade

Kenshi

kenshi-mortal-kombat-deadly-alliance-picture.jpg

Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Resides: Earthrealm

As a born fighter, Kenshi wandered Earthrealm in search of worthy competition. He would find an opponent and defeat them just to boost his pride. One day Kenshi encountered a man named Song, who convinced Kenshi that a great warrior needed a great sword; Song then led Kenshi to the location of an ancient, powerful sword Song claimed would befit Kenshi's power. As Kenshi unsealed the well wherein the sword supposedly lay, he was overwhelmed by souls trapped within and permanently blinded. Song revealed himself to be none other than the vile sorcerer Shang Tsung and proceeded to absorb the released souls and left Kenshi to die within the tomb. However, the sword, which actually did exist, attracted Kenshi and spoke to him, leading him from the tomb and revealing its origin. The sword originally belonged to a long line of great swordsmen from whom Kenshi descended; the well where the sword lay was also the sacred resting place of the souls of Kenshi's ancestors, souls that were stolen by Shang Tsung. Kenshi spent the next decade or so retraining his senses, all while searching for his betrayer and the defiler of his ancestry. This path led him to the U.S. Special Forces.

Kenshi's special abilities eventually caught the attention of Jax and Sonya who were looking for members with special talents to join their side and venture into Outworld; Kenshi jumped at the chance to pursue the man who had deceived him. After going through many tests and examinations, he was accepted to join the Outer World Investigation Agency.

His chance at exacting his revenge came when he was assigned to find the lost Cyrax, another agent of the Special Forces, in Outworld. In his travels across Outworld, he encountered the enigmatic Ermac, and, in a moment of pity, broke the mind control that Shao Kahn had over him. In gratitude, Ermac awakened Kenshi's latent telekinetic power, and taught him not only how to use it effectively in combat, but how to 'sense' the presence of people and objects around him. Kenshi soon discovered the Deadly Alliance and their plans, but was unable to contact the OWIA (which had been bombed by Hsu Hao). Unknown to Kenshi, the Deadly Alliance knew of his presence and sent Mavado to kill him. Mavado confronted Kenshi, defeated the swordsman, and left him to die.

The Lin Kuei warrior Sub-Zero found the dying Kenshi and nursed him back to health. Because of Sub-Zero's sympathy and kindness, Kenshi forged a temporary alliance with Sub-Zero to find a portal that would take them back home, though this temporary alliance soon became a long-lasting friendship. After Shang Tsung's death upon Onaga's return, Kenshi sensed the souls of his ancestors return to his sword, indicating the end of his quest for vengeance. Despite being an ally of both, he relinquished his position in the Special Forces and chose to remain unaligned from Sub-Zero's Lin Kuei clan, preferring to be a lone warrior.

Kenshi then returned to Earthrealm where, under the guidance of his ancestors' sword, he would hunt down the corrupt. Attacking only during the night, using the darkness as a cover to strike unseen, Kenshi was able to overthrow several criminal organizations. He eventually intercepts a coded message sent to Mavado and learns of the Red Dragon's plans to capture the Edenian half-god Taven. Before he could find out the location of their secret base, Kenshi encounters Johnny Cage who is gathering warriors to fight for the Forces of Light against the fallen Elder God Shinnok and his forces of evil. However, Kenshi declines this offer, considering this another pointless struggle between "good" and "evil".

While embarking on his mission to destroy the Red Dragon and exact revenge on Mavado, he receives a psychic premonition, becoming fully aware of Taven and Daegon's quest to defeat the fire elemental Blaze. His sword also urges him to side with the forces of light in the forthcoming conflict. Taking heed of this insight, Kenshi decides that he will be the one to lead the Forces of Light into battle.

In Kenshi's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze, allowing him to regain his sight while his other senses are greatly increased. Unable to endure this new sensory overload however, Kenshi withdraws to a remote mountain cavern when he would remain isolated in a darkened, soundless chamber.

Signature Moves
Telekinetic Slam (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
Telekinetic Toss (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
Telekinetic Push (MK:DA, MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
Tele-Flurry (MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)
Mind Warp (MK:D, MK:U, MK:A)

Fatalities
Telekinetic Contortion (MK:DA)
Telekinetic Stretch (MK:D)
Katana Strike (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Seppuku (MK:D)​

I hope we see more from Kenshi he has a promising story. For future games I think they should focus on his sword for special moves, but keep the Tele-Fury! :) Ya he looks a little like solid snake but really most of the characters are based of something. Kenshi is underrated in my opinion

Reactions: Axe
i didnt play MK after trilogy cause it wasnt appealing to me the direction they were headed but kenshi was the only character that stuck out for me, he was very original, i liked his look and playstyle, but i think the main reason why i liked him is because he reminds me of jean claud van-dam in BLOODSPORT when he was blindfolded. oh right!!! frankieee lol

By far my favorite character out of the DA/D/A era games, his story is very good and he was great fun to play. Hope to see him back in the future.

Very cool, creative character. The best new character from DA.

I never liked his storyline with the Special Forces/OIA. I think he should have developed more of a unique identity before joining a faction, if any.

I never liked Kenshi.

He was a major bore to me.

It wasn't until Deception that I thought he had potential.

Out of all the post MK3 characters, Kenshi and Quan Chi deserved to be in the new game...glad to see Kenshi will be DLC. With his telekinesis and sword mastery, he's going to own.

Out of all the post MK3 characters, Kenshi and Quan Chi deserved to be in the new game...glad to see Kenshi will be DLC. With his telekinesis and sword mastery, he's going to own.

Not sure when he's coming out for DLC, but we know that he won't come at the same time as Skarlet, plus he won't have any telekinetic abilities in MK9.

Brilliance. This is "truly a warrior of distinction." The red band on his eyes and the body armor make him look like an epic hero (and hey, I never use the word epic... ever). The blindness resulting in super senses make Kenshi a very unique character (although it would've been better if he did it all without the guidance of the sword).

The telekinetic powers, I think, we a rip off of Ermac, but still they make Kenshi look cool. The katana looks devestating whenever he uses it.

Although he didn't deserve it, his MK:A ending was pretty clever with him regaining his eyesight, then becoming overwhelmed with the sensory stimulation. But my favorite thing about him is that he choses to be independant from the Special Forces and Lin Quei (although ironically, he leads the forces of light in the battle of armageddon).

Kenshi looks awesome. Can't wait for him to release. Also, I'm glad he has all new moves instead of half of Ermac's moves like he did in the past. Hist fatalities seemed pretty cool as well.