Frost

Jade

Frost

225px-Frost.png

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Resides: ?

After Sub-Zero became Grand Master of the Lin Kuei clan, he held a tournament in order to recruit strong warriors. The victor was Frost, whose exceptional skills impressed him. Breaking Lin Kuei tradition, Sub-Zero took her as his protegé and trained her personally. With his assistance, her ability to focus her freezing power increased. However, as her skills grew, so did her arrogance. Sub-Zero was unable to teach her humility.

When Raiden requested Sub-Zero's assistance in defeating the sorcerers Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, Frost's training was cut short. Sub-Zero brought her along with him for assistance, hoping at the same time she would attain perspective and enlightenment through the experience of actual battle. After meeting with the other Earthrealm warriors (one of which was Sonya, who did not get along with Frost), she accompanied Sub-Zero into Outworld.

Once there, her true intentions for joining the Lin Kuei became apparent. Desiring to become Grand Master of the clan herself, she immobilized Sub-Zero with a freezing blast, and tore the Dragon Medallion (an artifact which enhanced Sub-Zero's abilities, as well as the symbol of Lin Kuei leadership) from his chest. Without the strength and discipline required to control the medallion's power, she was consumed by her own freezing ability, seemingly killing her.

Seemingly forgiving her for her betrayal, Sub-Zero searched for a suitable place to bury her remains. He discovered the ancient ruins of a holy structure erected by the long-lost race of Cryomancers. After careful study of the building, Sub-Zero came to believe that both he and Frost were their descendants, and laid her body to rest in a sarcophagus before leaving.

However, during the events of Mortal Kombat: Deception, Frost awoke some time after Sub-Zero's departure, miraculously alive after all. Realizing she was still in Outworld and that Sub-Zero had left her for dead, she swore to make him pay.Frost then returned to the Lin Kuei temple, hearing Sub-Zero was still in Outworld and hoping to kill him. After some time, she entered a state of delirium, seeing Sub-Zero everywhere. Frost dispatched many Lin Kuei members while in this state until Sub-Zero returned. He deep froze Frost into an ice coffin and placed her in the chamber of the fallen Lin Kuei, sealing it with an ice wall. Later, as the events of Armageddon begin, Taven revived her from her ice coffin. Frost, still seeing Sub-Zero everywhere, attacked him, but was still defeated by Taven. After the fight, she realized Taven is not Sub-Zero, and left the chamber to parts unknown.

In Frost's Armageddon ending, with her strength increased, Frost once again took the Dragon Medallion from Sub-Zero and enhanced her freezing power far beyond her former mentor's. Travelling to Outworld, she located the tomb of her ancestors, the Cryomancers, and planted their souls in the bodies of the current Lin Kuei. Her army of Cryomancers conquered the realms, leaving each of them a frozen wasteland.

Signature Moves
Ground Freeze (MK:DA, MK:A)
Frosty Slide (MK:DA, MK:A)
Teleporting Uppercut (MK:A)
Ice Puddle (MK:A)

Fatalities
Deep Freezing Kick (MK:DA, MK:U)​

Cheapest character in Deadly Alliance, literally. I think it was 500 something ruby koins to buy her.

Not a fan. Why not create a female Scorpion, an orange pallet-swap ninja, a blue cyborg, another Shokan, Shao Khan's brother, and make C/Khameleon central characters?

Seriously, doesn't anyone value ORIGINALITY?

i think tanya is the female scorpion, ed boon said it himself that he made that character because of his sister and her name is tanya, and his other sister's name is sonya. anyways back on topic, frost will definitely be dlc, u can see her fighting at the pit she looks awesome, if theres a poll to see which 3 girls from previous mk ppl would want to have in this game, i put frost on that list.

Last edited:
I really like frost, she's sort of a streamlined version of Sub-Zero. I second the previous post of wanting her as DLC.

Love her design. The punk hairstyle is perfect for her. Her alternative is also pretty awesome.

If they bring her back, hopefully they give her an original moveset.

i think tanya is the female scorpion, ed boon said it himself that he made that character because of his sister and her name is tanya, and his other sister's name is sonya. anyways back on topic...

Ed Boon didn't make Tanya because of his sister. He named her 'Tanya' because of his sister, but made her because they decided they needed more new characters in MK4 and made Tanya instead of the originally planned Kitana.

But how does that make her a female scorpion? Because she's yellow?
Is that the depth of a character for most people: their color?

Anyhoo, original or not. There are worse characters than Frost. I happened to play her quite a bit. Her originality can come in the way of her look and move set this time around. As dlc, I'm all for it.

i dont know why so many people think of frost as just a sub-zero rip off. why? cuz she shoots ice to? like 6 different characters can shoot a fireball but they have a problem if 2 can shoot ice. i like frost. she is one of the few mk"ish" characters introduced after mk4. shes the second best new character in mkda next to kenshi. i would like to see her in a future mk. mabey as DLC in mk9.

@chaos vs order: i think alot of people value originality, but if they stopped there there would only be like 10-15 characters in all in mk. and they do have 2 more shokans. kintaro and sheeva. im not trying to start a fight here but think about some of the things you are saying there. they could do any of that stuff you are saying nowdays, well except pallet swaps.

Last edited:
i dont know why so many people think of frost as just a sub-zero rip off. why? cuz she shoots ice to? like 6 different characters can shoot a fireball but they have a problem if 2 can shoot ice. i like frost. she is one of the few mk"ish" characters introduced after mk4. shes the second best new character in mkda next to kenshi. i would like to see her in a future mk. mabey as DLC in mk9.

@chaos vs order: i think alot of people value originality, but if they stopped there there would only be like 10-15 characters in all in mk. and they do have 2 more shokans. kintaro and sheeva. im not trying to start a fight here but think about some of the things you are saying there. they could do any of that stuff you are saying nowdays, well except pallet swaps.

You don't know why so many people view Frost as a Sub-Zero ripoff? Because the whole idea behind her creation was that they wanted to create a female Sub-Zero.

There would only be 10-15 characters in MK if they stopped making original characters? Actually originality means coming up with different ideas. There would be just as many characters now if they wanted, but they would all be unique. I love MK and 30-40 of the characters. But lack of originality is a reason behind many MK characters, such as Frost, not being very good.

You don't know why so many people view Frost as a Sub-Zero ripoff? Because the whole idea behind her creation was that they wanted to create a female Sub-Zero.

There would only be 10-15 characters in MK if they stopped making original characters? Actually originality means coming up with different ideas. There would be just as many characters now if they wanted, but they would all be unique. I love MK and 30-40 of the characters. But lack of originality is a reason behind many MK characters, such as Frost, not being very good.

She has her own identity, personality, story and has an original look as far as i'm concerned (considering all the female chars in mk dont wear the ninja costumes like scorp and sub) and I think thats why people are drawn to Frost as more of an individual and not a rip-off even though the surface of the character's inspiration is quite obvious.

In Mk history, this is probably one of the better executions on a character.

Edit: I would of named her Winter though... thats the only thing I didn't like was her name. And I know Winter isn't much different in originality but I just prefer it.

I LOVE Frost... shes such a mysterious character and hasnt really gotten a chance to shine. Who cares if she is "Female Sub Zero" shes great.

I wouldnt mind seeing Cyber Frost as well

Frost is alright, but cyber Frost is where I draw the line.

They should make people care about her before they do something drastic to her.