Frost

You say shit like exact when it's anything but. Her ground freeze was nothing like his ground freeze and Sub Zero didn't even have a slide move post MK4, he had his shoulder charge.

I'm sick of seeing shit like "Frost can't slide on her feet! Only Sub Zero can feet slide! (Even though Reptile had the slide move in Trilogy) Frost has to slide on her hair because ORIGINALITY!"

Why does it matter if they share moves when they are otherwise different in EVERY way?

keep her specials from DA. Her slide was original, her ground freeze was cool because it traveled across the ground instead of her chucking an ice ball at the opponent.

Leave her moves alone. she isn't a Subzero clone. she is an original chacrater that shares "some" traits.

Last edited:
You say shit like exact when it's anything but. Her ground freeze was nothing like his ground freeze and Sub Zero didn't even have a slide move post MK4, he had his shoulder charge.

I'm sick of seeing shit like "Frost can't slide on her feet! Only Sub Zero can feet slide! (Even though Reptile had the slide move in Trilogy) Frost has to slide on her hair because ORIGINALITY!"

Why does it matter if they share moves when they are otherwise different in EVERY way?

Her Ground Puddle and Ice Slide are exactly like Sub-Zero's.

Why does Frost have to have a slide move, at all?
Why can't she have her own other original moves?
Side note: Reptile also took that slide move from Sub-Zero, considering that he had the slide move since MK1, so don't act like it was original to Reptile either.

It matters because if Frost is an original character, she should be unique in her own way, and those moves are iconic TO Sub-Zero.
Look at how far Kenshi came along in MK9 from his previous days of having moves that were so similar to Ermac's.
NRS did an EXCELLENT job differentiating his moves from Ermac's, and thus, making Kenshi so much better in MK9.
Is it too much to ask for the characters to be unique.
Why do they have to "share" moves, when they are otherwise different in EVERY other way?
NRS needs to step up their game (like they did with MK9), and give Frost a complete overhaul just like they did with Kenshi.

So Araknyd.....what you think about the movesets I thought about for her in the previous page? Give me an honest opinion please.

I quoted them.
I thought that was an EXCELLENT description for some possible new moves, and that they were great, along with a few other moves that I added for Frost, above that post. :)

The Ground Freeeze was nothing like Sub's Ice Puddle and her slide mimics only MK4 Sub.

But as I said, it shouldn't even matter. It is completely asinine to call her a clone when they have barely any similarities.

"Regardless of whether she crossed her arms or not, Frost's copy-paste Ice Slide still left a trail of ice and achieved the same thing, tripping the opponent."

That's just pathetic lol

Yup.
It's pathetic that Midway didn't come up with something more original for her, at the time.
Coming from the same place that gave us MK4 Jarek (the Kano wannabe), though, it doesn't surprise me.

Kenshi WAS a clone of Ermac, UNTIL MK9.
He had the same / similar telekinetic moves as Ermac in previous games.
It wasn't as blatant of an Ermac rip-off as Jarek was to Kano in MK4, but the similarities were QUITE substantial.
MK9, on the other hand, proved that Kenshi could be his own character with his OWN unique move-set, and I hope they do the same for Frost if she's in MK10.

Right, he was a clone up until then, but I've seen people still get really raging mad when you say "Kenshi's a clone of Ermac."

Mainly around the time 2011 was just released and Kenshi was being a hot topic on a different Mortal Kombat site, I've seen people get really freaking mad whenever someone says "Oh he's a clone," while others just accept that with Frost.

And then I get mad...

But I will say, if and whenever she returns, she should have new moves. I honestly don't mind the ones that she's had. However, she should get some new moves of her own, which she kinda did in Armageddon. But let's face it, a heck of a LOT of characters got some form of a teleport move. Let's say, hypothetically, Sub-Zero and Reptile are to appear in the next game, and she as well as Noob Saibot, that would be at least four characters in total having some version of a slide move. Despite that they each have their own versions of it, I would rather see something brand new rather than something that four people (or more) possess that does something differently with their move. So, let's have her change her move set and see where they take her.

I don't mind the moves that she had. Her moves were similar but not the same to Sub-Zero's, and I will point out every differences amongst the two if I have to, but I won't for right now. But, if she is to have her old move set with maybe like one to two new moves, I'd be fine with that as well. Either way, I just want her to have a damn ending where we don't sympathize for her stupidity. I hate those damn endings of hers.

Last edited:
EXACTLY.
That's what I loved about Kenshi in MK9, though.
NRS gave Kenshi the proper MK9 overhaul, and now he's unique with the Shinto blade being his source of power.
The MK9 overhaul was a great improvement on Kenshi, and I want to see some similar type of character overhaul being done for Frost, in MK10.

As for Noob Saibot also having a slide in MK9, exactly, it felt like a rip-off too.
I would have preferred Noob Saibot's UMK3 / Trilogy Shadow Toss move instead, in MK9, rather than another Sub-Zero slide knock-off move.

Sub-Zero was the first to have the slide move, and even though Noob Saibot is Bi-Han by name, Noob Saibot is a COMPLETELY different character.
Thus, the Shadow Toss would have been better for him to have in MK9, given that it was an original Noob Saibot move.

Reptile's character evolution (no pun intended) is more excusable for also having a slide move (even though he shouldn't have the slide move either), given that Reptile started off as a Sub-Zero & Scorpion clone hidden character in MK1.
Even still, the slide has been part of Sub-Zero's iconic move set, since MK1.

What about walking?
Who was the first character to walk in Mortal Kombat? Because every character to walk after them is a complete ripoff.

Oh, and all of those unoriginal characters who started jumping AFTER the original 6 had their acrobatic debuts, disgraceful. Complete lack of creativity.

Your comparison is null.
You speak of basic moves whereas, I speak of special moves that are character specific.
The difference is that walking and jumping moves aren't character specific and are generic, special slide moves and certain ice moves ARE character specific.

Before you go off on a tangent, uppercuts and sweeps are also generic basic moves, but the moves that I mentioned ARE character specific.

I really hope they revamp Frost's moves for MK10 so people will stop saying, "Oh, she's a clone because she shares one move with Sub-Zero". Then I'll say, "I liked Frost when she was underground!".

They should revamp her moves. But I don't think it would hurt to keep one of her moves for keepsake. Her ground freeze was unique seeing that it stretches across the entire floor.

Although I would like to see if there is a way to fix how to avoid getting frozen.

"I'm just going going to crouch and block at the same time to prevent being frozen from the ground/"

I mean seriously that looked way too silly, even for Mortal Kombat physics. I mean, I know there's hardly any real physics in this game (seeing how we can freeze people in mid air without them dropping, pull limbs off without being weighted down to the ground in order to do so, and so on), but besides Sonya's split fatality making the absolute no sense, blocking Frost's ground freeze is the second most no sense thing to do in this game.

At least in my perspective that is. And let me tell you, I can go on about b!tching about Sonya's leg split fatality. By far the dumbest thing I've seen in this series.