Anyone notice in the DEMO bonus video DL5 unlocks Kratos?

I'm pretty certain that was a reveal in the bonus video. NO ONE. And I mean, NO ONE has mentioned this before. Not that I've seen. I've thought it since last week when I first played the demo on the 8th. It's like they show DL5 in the Krypt opening up then they reveal Kratos, I'm certain that was an easter egg put in there for PS3 owners because they don't want you to have to WORK to play as Kratos very hard at all.

Just thought I'd point that out....

Its a good point but the video doesn't guarantee anything of that nature. The screen clearly changes to say Kratos and its very likely he'll be payable from the start because his name is on the box cover. Still DL5 may hold something cool inside

Its a good point but the video doesn't guarantee anything of that nature. The screen clearly changes to say Kratos and its very likely he'll be payable from the start because his name is on the box cover. Still DL5 may hold something cool inside

Yeah but I'm positive that's WHY they did that. I know these Mortal Kombat devs and they LOVE putting Easter Eggs in EVERYTHING. When you buy the game go to the Krypt when you get some coins and open up DL5. Guarantee you'll be playing with the badass God of War moments after...lol

Yeah but I'm positive that's WHY they did that. I know these Mortal Kombat devs and they LOVE putting Easter Eggs in EVERYTHING. When you buy the game go to the Krypt when you get some coins and open up DL5. Guarantee you'll be playing with the badass God of War moments after...lol

Oh you're positve!!! Well then, I guess I have to take this as pure fact then. Since you say so, I guess I can curse NRS for only giving me 26 characters to choose from in order to unlock Kratos!!!!!! I'm canceling my pre-order!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I hear Kratos is a downloadable content free download-- but that's just a rumor I've stumbled upon. I may be wrong, I actually thought it might be a reveal too. However they did seem to switch from the Krypt to Kratos having his own section in the video.. not sure.

In the demo end video they show:

1. The Krypt
2. DL5 for a whopping 1000 coins (which would be very cheap to unlock a character)
3. Screen PANS OUT and they show Kratos

This tells me that Kratos is not unlockable through the Krypt at all and they are just showing him for any PS3 users who downloaded the demo who aren't crazy MK fans and had no clue that Kratos was in the game. Unlocking Kratos will have nothing to do with the Krypt.

lol seriously? it never shows what it unlocks, it just shows part of the animation, then it does the intro text for kratos then shows him, its not going to unlock that.

Nah, just seemed like they were using a simple screen wipe to move on to the Kratos reveal.