is raiden doing it for you raiden fans?

rocky

BANALITY
im a huge raiden fan, hes been my fave since MK1, i just saw the footage of raiden in MK9, and to be honest im not really digging him from what i saw :(

he looks a bit slow and boring to play with, and his moves seem very plain i was kind of hoping theyd show us something new with him, and revamp his moves like they did with ermac for example, theres a lot of room for creativity for a character whith lightning abilities so i was expecting to see something exiting, but theres nothing really new here, (minor complaint> his lightning projectiles dont look like lightning at all, they look like something a sorcerer would fire whats all that about?) and the x-ray where he charges up an energy ball then just stretches his palm out looks a bit lame too :( but most of all his overall gameplay leaves me uninterested to get into this character.

sorry for the moaning and ****ing guys its just that i was expecting something new and exiting with raiden, he is a GOD afterall!
and since NRS held him back for so long i thought i was coz he was going to be so awesome and i kinda figured they were saving the best till last, but from what ive seen he appears to have the worst gameplay so far :(

a lot of unsmiley faces going on here

i wanna know what the other raiden fans think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LnueOrmLOA&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Im digging raiden so far, appears to be a very technical character, hard to master, but beastly, seems fitting for him :)

I like him I kinda hope they have Deadly Alliance type of attire for his alt though, I never cared for his earlier incarnations they seemed to plain

Well, I'm totally digging Raiden.

If I could change anything, I'd change his fireball move. I'd love to see him hold his hands much further apart and the electricity kind of arcs between his palms and merges into one big bolt before he hurls it at you....and I'd like his x-ray to fry your insides.....but what are ya gonna do? I'm sure there are just as many people who think my ideas are stupid, so I'm just happy to see Raiden.

Does anybody else hope the dark Raiden outfit is available?

What i kinda don't likes so far..

1- he should have a better default costume, this one looks more like MK 2 so hoping for a better alternate.

2- don't like his lightning effect too much and especially his dissapearance effect and sound effect, his MK 1 was better n that was like back in 93.

3- his x-ray doesn't look as exciting and fun to look at like the others we seen so far but i'm sure it takes equal damage for balance.

Raiden haven't been fun to use since MK 1, not a big fan of him but i feel all you Raiden's fan.

I thought he was great! He looks like you need to work to master his skills and his attire looked nice too. His moves were cool but his x ray needs work.

I mean I was In LOVE with the gameplay, and everything in it and with it!.......................Just his X-ray makes me sad.

hi people i'm new here and all. but I thought raiden was grade a fantastic. his lightning bolts look kinda like deadly cotton candy, but over all his fighting style is majestic! i love the hand movements and his kicks. honestly he is shaping up to be the character i wanted him to be. he has excellent range up close and afar. and his electrocution from mk 2 is back!! awesome! can't wait to play as him. he will be the first character i use. then sub and then noob and ermac. really excited. exceptional job NRS! I'm gonna watch it again just so i can salivate over the epicness of this latest mk. from the appearance of the combos we have seen so far it looks like a lot of "foward punch, back punch, forward punch combinations are in this game. looks easy to pick up but is gonna require some serious absences to master. I just may get fired over this one.

I'm not a Raiden fan, but I don't like what I'm seeing so far. As you said, he looks very slow and the lightning effects look strange and weak. His overall appearance is simple and neat, but his moveset is bland. I hope they do something about his projectile before the final release if the game hasn't gone gold yet.

I think he looks generic and very plain, dont like that costume and I dont like that ball he throws, it looks nothing like lightning. His teleport is so so. Overall very boring. MK1 raiden was the best.

I cannot wait to get my hands on him, Like I said in the news post for this, I dont like his lighting ball but other then that I have no complaints except the video is a bit short :)

I'm not a fan but in MK vs DC I won most games online because raiden was tricky. He doesn't seem that fast but what do you expect?. I'm just hoping he has a batter costume because he NEVER looks kool -_-. I liked that dark raiden look

:| :| :| :| :|

Raiden looks pretty cool, IMO.

As for the lightning ball:
Maybe he'll have a longer shot of lightning as his "Enhanced" move, like Sub-Zero's Ice beam.

EDIT:

Has anyone even considered that this combo video may be a few months old???

I've always kind of liked him but not too much. But I think he's pretty cool so far. I'd wait until we get to see more of him though to fully judge him. I've always liked him, in every game.

:| :| :| :| :|

Raiden looks pretty cool, IMO.

As for the lightning ball:
Maybe he'll have a longer shot of lightning as his "Enhanced" move, like Sub-Zero's Ice beam.

EDIT:

Has anyone even considered that this combo video may be a few months old???

Yea I have considered that it could be an old vid, either way if they leave the lightning ball as is I wont loose any sleep over it.

he looks a bit slow and boring to play with

I disagree, specialy that he is combining many moves with his teleport which gives him a advantage compared to faster characters like Scorpion.

Woot I was hoping he'd have his reverse lightning back.

He has it, watch the video again.

Does anybody else hope the dark Raiden outfit is available?

Dark Raiden is off topic in this version of MK.