A new Lin Kuei Warrior

linkueismoke

Hello to everyone. Thanks to MKA and the KAK mode, I ended up creating a new character to introduce into the MK universe. I will post the bio in this topic and if enough people are intrigued, I will post his backstory. The backstory will take place in the timeline before the new game (MK 2011) so everyone is aware. The bio makes references to several plot points and characters without giving the names.

Name: Surge
ORIGIN: Earthrealm
ALIGNMENT: Neutral
ALLIES: None
ENEMIES: Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Sub-Zero
BIO: I am a bastard child of flesh and technology. I was to be the last of the Lin-Kuei’s cyborg assassins. Even though I had refused, I was forced into the procedure. Before they could complete my transformation, an old cyborg appeared and battled the Grandmaster for his position. He had defeated the Grandmaster and assumed control. The cyborg approached the operating slab I was attached to. In a tinny voice, I heard him mutter the word pathetic as he stared at me. He was about to destroy me when another old member appeared.

It was Sub-Zero, my old ally. He defeated the cyborg and assumed control of the Lin-Kuei. He then looked at me and appeared disgusted. I tried to speak but they had not implanted any type of speaking device after removing my vocal cords. Sub-Zero had shot a blast of ice at me and put me in a deep freeze. He thought that he had killed me, but he was wrong.

Eventually the ice around my body thawed, and I had become much stronger since I was frozen because of the Nanomachines that were implanted into my blood. Of course, they were nowhere near as powerful as the previous cyborg ninja’s, but they repaired the flesh and muscle of my legs and what little I had of my face. I broke free from my restraints and began to search through the wreckage and found parts that were necessary for me to live. I found the mask I had worn when I was still human. It was covered in dust. It seemed that many years had passed since I was frozen. I also took the broadsword I used as a human from the armory. I swear if it’s the last thing I do, I will destroy the remnants of the Lin-Kuei.

The story I will provide will be before Surge becomes a cyborg and how he interacts with other Lin Kuei warriors. Please let me know what you think.

Needs some work but this isn't bad. I'd like to see Surge in another story, so then maybe I can get my full opinion on him.

I really like the idea! It's nicely written too. I've seen a lot of badly made characters, but Surge is pretty cool. I'd like to know what his special moves and stuff would be or revolve around.

nice try, but it would be better if the character was more important to the story... right now it just seems like a character that happened to be somewhere when something happened...
and why does he want to destroy the lin kuei if subzero runs it, and no more cyborgs are going to be made??

nice try, but it would be better if the character was more important to the story... right now it just seems like a character that happened to be somewhere when something happened...
and why does he want to destroy the lin kuei if subzero runs it, and no more cyborgs are going to be made??

I'd imagine it was because subzero tried to kill him? I mean, He showed up, looked at him all disgusted, and tried to freeze him to death instead of helping him. I think I'd want revenge on the Lin Kuei too.

surge2.gif

I just so happen to already love Surge :)

I'd imagine it was because subzero tried to kill him? I mean, He showed up, looked at him all disgusted, and tried to freeze him to death instead of helping him. I think I'd want revenge on the Lin Kuei too.

yeah, but it kinda shows that he realized that the only reason he froze him was because he couldn't speak and identify himself
i mean, kool idea, but develop it

I actually have developed the character. I take some liberties with some aspects of the MK history but I think they would be well enough received. As far as why he wants to kill Sub-Zero, it is partially because he felt betrayed by him and the fact that he has basically had his brain messed around with and is not completely automated.

I will post Surge's story, as well as artwork/screenshots of him and others over the weekend.

I do have a video I recorded from MKA a while back depicting one of the fights from Surge's story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLsz8PcJ8c