Chameleon

Jade

Chameleon

chameleon-rainbow.png

Height: ?
Weight: ?
Resides: Outworld

Chameleon is most likely a part of the Saurian race, of which Reptile and Khameleon are members. This has never been conclusively stated in any of the games and is purely speculation on the part of the fans at this point due to his reptilian name, green blood, and the reptilian titles of his special moves in Armageddon. If, in fact, he is a Saurian, that would mean that Reptile is not the last living creature of his species, which had been previously stated in Khameleon's biography screen. However, the release of Armageddon did not address this issue.

In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, he is finally given a rather vague backstory, stating that he had been present at events dating all the way back to Liu Kang's victory in the first Mortal Kombat tournament, constantly remaining hidden in the shadows and biding his time while watching the events unfold. In his game ending, it is said that Chameleon camouflaged himself, raced to the top of the pyramid, and defeated Blaze to gain immortality. The realms would then know Chameleon as the true champion of Mortal Kombat.

Signature Moves
Green Wave (MK:A)
Lizard Lightning (MK:A)
Speedy Serpent (MK:A)
Vanishing Kick (MK:A)
Freezing Charge(MK:A)​

Chameleon could be one of the most versatile ninjas if they just gave him the ability to combine special moves.
Like some multi-command specials.

Input a button command for a spear, quickly hit another for a frozen spear, or an electrified spear.

Throw invisible ice balls.
Use telekinesis to make your projectiles have weak homing abilities.

Chameleon could be one of the most versatile ninjas if they just gave him the ability to combine special moves.
Like some multi-command specials.

Input a button command for a spear, quickly hit another for a frozen spear, or an electrified spear.

Throw invisible ice balls.
Use telekinesis to make your projectiles have weak homing abilities.

that would probably work with the new enhanced moves

i think, now don't hate me for this people, that they should bring back both khameleon and chameleon as characters, but instead of giving them one of each of the other ninjas moves, just give them their own moves that are remenicent of the other ninjas moves. like, say:

Chameleon:
reptile/subzero--run along the ground tripping the opponent
scorpion-- using a toung to bring the character to them
ermac-- grab the player with his tounge, lift him into the air, and slam them back down
smoke/reptile-- goes invisible until hit rain-- flips back and leaps forward kicking the opponent across the screen (like how rain propells himself with water in MKA)

Khameleon:
kitana-- she leaps back, and lunges at the opponent in the air, punching them
mileena-- she rolls on the ground in a ball just like mileena (this one stays because it fits)
tanya-- she leaps into the air and spits acid downward at the oppenent (like tanyas fire balls)
jade-- glows, temporarily immune to projectilesv(rather than just going invisible)
frost-- nothing because none of her moves fit (maybe a move where she stabs the opponent in the knees with her nails, but yeah, no)
ruby/skarlett-- if they add her to MK9 they should give khameleon a hybrid of her moves

I think that Chameleon needs to be in the game as a secret character, like he was in MK3 UMK3 and Trilogy: "The deadliest warrior of Shao Khan".

Also, his storyline could be very interesting along with Khameleon and Reptile. They are from Zattera, and they don't know about each other, or at least Reptile don't know about them. In Armageddon it says that Chameleon watched everything that happened by staying hidden in the shadows, so he knows about Reptile.

I hope he makes it in the game as a secret character, non-playable.

This is probably a dumb question and I never looked into it....but
Spoiler:
one of the kodes in MK9 is 'rainbow kombat' and I wondered if it were referring to him or Khameleon
....because that would be awesome.

Probably means something else but I hope not.

Spoiler:
one of the kodes in MK9 is 'rainbow kombat' and I wondered if it were referring to him or Khameleon

that just makes the blood come out in different colors.. like the rainbow colors :p

Spoiler:

If you watch carefully in story mode you will see that...

Spoiler:
... Khameleon is standing next to human smoke during a few tournament scenes. Maybe they will put her in game to play or to gauge people's reactions to her being there?

Chameleon was one of my favorite fighters because the idea of combining different ninja special abilities into one was a very clever idea. I also like how he is the silent, invisible warrior who bides his time until the opportune momment arrives.

I just really wish he made more appearances and his storyline would be expanded a bit more. This was a very good idea of the MK team to make this character. I've heard that some people called him a ripoff of other characters, but I think the name and abilities suit him well. The real ripoff character is chameleon's ripoff, which is Shujinko and his unlockable special abilities where the same moves AND the same voices are borrowed.

I definately want Chameleon to have a major role in future games.

i think every fighter needs to be in MK9.
simply because First New M Rated Mortal Kombat for this Generation System, classic 2d fighting, Awesome graphic's.

next MK can be limited fighters.

I think chameleon and khameleon should have their own power or whatever...like an aurora borealis power...idk i think that would be interesting.