Sonya Blade

I would like that as well. That was the dumbest design ever, just a vest. JUST A VEST!?

I like but damnit don't do it again :mad:

I like Sonya as a character, but I think they made her too slutty in some of the recent games. That approach makes some sense (though not a lot) with characters like Kitana or Sheeva, since modesty doesn't seem to be a priority in Outworld. But Sonya's professional military, and her outfit in MK9 was too revealing.

On another note, who do you think did the role better for the early games, Elizabeth Malecki or Kerri Hoskins? I'd like to know the same about the films and "Legacy" as well.

You're actually on point with that.
Who the hell wears a military vest with nothing underneath?

I have hope that NRS will do her character right the next game

Yeah, Sonya's design was terrible. I would like to see them go with something like this for MK10....

raw715.jpg

Give her aviator glasses and add some badges to her jacket and this costume would be badass. This would be a ill alt costume...

294jwhg.jpg

Izzy :love:

I think they need to take her character more seriously. All of her moves in MK9 were ridiculous. her fatalities sucked, even her X-ray was laughable. I think they need to make her more of a force to be reckoned with. I didn't really mind her costumes so much but I typically avoid her because watching her fight is ghastly. They should take some points from Cynthia Rothrock. Make her a badass that has some legit moves. Her leg throw can stay in, her little wrist laser can stay, but the rest of her moves need to go. That inverted bicycle kick is garbage.

Was Sonya's relationship with Johnny ever canon? I think their relationship spawned from the movies...but was there anything that hinted to that in game?
Nothing really yet. Though MK9's live stories, along with the movies, shows the love-hate relationship is going on. And especially with those 2 being only 3 survivors makes me think they will be expanded on more when it comes to their, let's say atm, working relationship!

I think her outfit should be something similar to her MKDA alternate outfit would be nice but just make it olive green and a low ponytail.

My ideas for her primary in the next MK game,
2ee11728fcfc24a83d4f1c3169cbf3a7.jpg
This look with some proper combat boots and gauntlets would be a good costume for Sonya. I understand that the midriff is a staple for this character, but I have wanted a full bodied costume on Sonya for years. Her alternate in DA (which I loved), was the only time we ever saw that. I also think the camo will give her more of a military inspired look.

221367665029_1.jpg
While I'm not in love with that hat, this look is a good evolution of her classic appearances IMO and fits the fantasy part of MK. The outfit shows off that midriff and is the perfect green and black mix. It offers something similar yet different, with the shorts (which should cover her butt) and the chaps like pants over the legs. The only thing I would add is a camo pattern and some gauntlets on her arms.

Her alternate,
mCZPI-oPzu0C1RhX0MRG_gA.jpg
Change the skirt to shorts and make the boots flat and I think this would be an interesting alternate for her. I would love for her to keep her military theme throughout her outfits, while going in an different direction.

Also NR needs to go beg either Bridgette Wilson or Kerri Hoskins to see if they can use their looks to model Sonya after because she was looking manly in MK2011.

My ideas for her primary in the next MK game,
View attachment 6176
This look with some proper combat boots and gauntlets would be a good costume for Sonya. I understand that the midriff is a staple for this character, but I have wanted a full bodied costume on Sonya for years. Her alternate in DA (which I loved), was the only time we ever saw that. I also think the camo will give her more of a military inspired look.

View attachment 6177
While I'm not in love with that hat, this look is a good evolution of her classic appearances IMO and fits the fantasy part of MK. The outfit shows off that midriff and is the perfect green and black mix. It offers something similar yet different, with the shorts (which should cover her butt) and the chaps like pants over the legs. The only thing I would add is a camo pattern and some gauntlets on her arms.

Her alternate,
View attachment 6178
Change the skirt to shorts and make the boots flat and I think this would be an interesting alternate for her. I would love for her to keep her military theme throughout her outfits, while going in an different direction.

Also NR needs to go beg either Bridgette Wilson or Kerri Hoskins to see if they can use their looks to model Sonya after because she was looking manly in MK2011.

While all outfits look nice, I'd say the first one suits Sonya's personality.

The other 2 outfits suit my personality and the dominatrix character I usually have in mind when creating my character in different games.

How about a standard issue US Army Combat Uniform for her primary, and a standard issue dress blue uniform as an alternate?

Sonya is an American soldier; she needs to dress the part. And include a gold or silver bar on her uniform AND her cap; she's a Lieutenant in the Army! At least include her rank insignia on her outfits!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Maybe MK10 Sonya defects from the Special Forces.
They ignored her warnings about the invasion (At least they did in the original timeline, can't remember for MK10) and Jax was killed. So maybe her costumes will reflect more of her personal life. Like her biker/drifter shit from her ending.

Maybe MK10 Sonya defects from the Special Forces.

Desertion is a crime punishable by court martial. She's not the type of character who would throw her career away like that, especially since she knows going AWOL will make her no different than Kano.

Never know, maybe she blames them for Jax's death and figures that Raiden's plight is more important.

But now that I think about it, it would be pretty stupid to abandon your military ties when you're about to go to war with Hell.

How about a standard issue US Army Combat Uniform for her primary, and a standard issue dress blue uniform as an alternate?

Sonya is an American soldier; she needs to dress the part. And include a gold or silver bar on her uniform AND her cap; she's a Lieutenant in the Army! At least include her rank insignia on her outfits!

They could do that. I mean I loved her DA alternate which inclided most of this stuff. However I'm not going to kid myself. This is a video game and to fit with the fantasy part of MK, I'm sure NR will not just give her a normal everyday army costume. They would put their own spin on it, I know that based on most of her previous outfits, so I took that into account.

Also there was no need for you to come across all condensending in this post just because we all want to see different things for the character's costume. You're acting as if my post made you angry because it isn't what you want for the character . These are just some things I would like to see, doesn't mean its going to happen so just calm down.