Sonya Blade

Jade

Sonya Blade

1536136-sonya_blade_large.png

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Resides: Earthrealm

Sonya and her team were in hot pursuit of Kano, the leader of the Black Dragon organization. After he jumped onto a ship, they followed him to a remote island where Shang Tsung's Mortal Kombat tournament was being held. Upon arriving they were ambushed by Tsung's personal guard. To keep her team safe, she agreed to compete in the tournament. Shang Tsung, however, had no intention of fulfilling his end of the bargain and had her unit killed. After he was defeated by Liu Kang in the final battle, Sonya teamed up with Johnny Cage and Kano, ignoring her personal feelings for the sake of survival, to fight Goro on the bridge high above the pit. During the battle, the island started to crumble and both she and Kano were taken prisoner to Outworld by Shang Tsung to appease the emperor, Shao Kahn.

Sonya was able to send a signal to her superior Jax from Outworld. He traveled there to find her. Jax made contact with the other Earthrealm warriors, and together they learned of Kahn's scheme to invade Earth. She was later freed by Jax who arrested Kano, but as soon as they had passed through the portal to Earth, Kano escaped and ran back into Outworld.

Sonya and Jax now had other things on their minds, however. They tried to warn the United States government of the impending invasion, but their claims went unheeded. As such, they began preparing by themselves for the coming invasion. When the fateful day finally came, Shao Kahn stripped Earthrealm of all human souls, with the exception of a few chosen warriors, one of which was Sonya, who would soon encounter her old nemesis Kano on top of a skyscraper near Kahn's fortress. A fierce battle was waged between the two. Kano gained the upper hand, and kicked Sonya onto a stone gargoyle. Sonya feigned defeat, but when Kano advanced to finish Sonya off, grabbing her by the hair, she performed her most infamous special move: the leg grab, and hurled Kano off the roof to his apparent death, taking a lock of her hair with him.

After her journey into Outworld and Shao Kahn's near destruction of Earth, Sonya became a member of Earth's own Outer World Investigation Agency. The Black Dragon kept crossing her path, however. Its last known member, Jarek, had fled to Edenia while Sonya was chasing him. This lead Sonya and Jax to team up with Raiden and Liu Kang to free that realm from the Fallen Elder God Shinnok's grasp, and to prevent him from coming to Earth. After Shinnok's defeat, in which Jarek had reluctantly participated to save himself, Jarek tried to kill Sonya, but died in the attempt.

Years later, Sonya would once again heed Raiden's call, this time to travel to Outworld after the Deadly Alliance had slain Shao Kahn and Liu Kang. For Sonya, this coincided with her search for two missing OIA agents, Cyrax and Kenshi. She was unable to find them, however, and was killed in a fight with the Deadly Alliance and its minions. The Deadly Alliance's victory was short-lived, as Onaga had been resurrected moments after their victory over Raiden himself, and reclaimed Outworld, as well as the amulet. With his ability to raise the dead at will, he resurrected and enslaved Sonya and her fallen comrades.

Sonya and her force found Sektor and his men invading territory protected by Earthrealm. Her ship destroyed Sektor's, but she found a tracer attached to an Edenian warrior named Taven in the snow region of Arctika. As Taven was about to fight a snow monster, Sonya destroyed it and proceeded to interrogate Taven. Though Taven was innocent, he would not reveal his quest, and Sonya attacked him. She was, however, convinced by the half-god that he had nothing to do with the tekunin leader, Sektor, so Sonya leaves him alone and continued her way back to the Special Forces base.

Sonya's story begin's when she is chasing Kano. Although she pursues him well, she fails to catch him. During The moment of Liu Kang's disappearance, she encounters Catwoman. After defeating and capturing her, she searches for Liu Kang. Baraka suprisingly attacks her. After defeating him, she suspects an invasion coming and goes to Raiden's Sky Temple to tell him. When she arrives, Captain Marvel storms out. She defeats him, but later fights Green Lantern. As she defeats him, Captain Marvel knocks her out and flees. As Jax approaches, she instead sees Kano and attacks him. After her defeat, Raiden interrupts and is seen with Liu Kang, who he had recently rescued. After returning to the base, she checks on Catwoman. She and Jax go to the U.N. Orbital Station. Although Jax defeats Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, Both are defeated by a newly recharged Green Lantern. After Returning to Raiden's Sky Temple, she is told that she will have to work with Kano. As they approach the Graveyard, they spot Deathstroke and Joker. After they damage her teleporter, the wound up on Oa. They are both somehow defeated by The Joker, who had been infected with Rage the whole time. After they all gather in, they travel to Outworld.

Signature Moves
Energy Rings ('MK, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MKvs.DCU), MK:2011)
Leg Grab (MK, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK4, MKG, MKvs.DCU, MK:2011)
Air Leg Throw (MK4, MKG, MK:2011)
Face Planter (MK, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK4, MKG, MKA, MKvs.DCU)
Inverted Bicycle Kick (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK4, MKG, MKvs.DCU)
Bike Assault (MKvs.DCU)
Cartwheel Kick (MK4, MKG, MKvs.DCU, MK:2011)
Flying Kick ('MK:DA, MK:A)
Kiss Of Death (MK:DA, MK:A, MKvs.DCU, MK:2011}
Armed Forces (MK:A)
Arc Kick (MK:2011)
X-Ray Move: Brutal Blade (MK 2011)

Fatalities
Fiery Kiss of Death (MK, MK3, UMK3, MKT, MKvs.DCU)
Purple Haze (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Slice Kiss (MK4)
Leg Splitter (MK4, MK:2011)
Intoxicating Kiss (MK:DA)
Airborne Blade (MKvs.DCU)

Other fatalities
Friendship #1: Sonya dances. (MK3)
Friendship #2: Sonya would salute and flowers would grow all over the floor. (UMK3, MKT)
Animality: Hawk Rip (MK3, UMK3, MKT)​

Was Sonya's relationship with Johnny ever canon? I think their relationship spawned from the movies...but was there anything that hinted to that in game?

Is her bicycle kick not in MK2011?? Love that move! I know its in her xray but does she have it as one of her moves???

She is my favorite Female Kharacter maybe I just have a thing for blondes idk lol She is looking pretty good in the new one and I like her look in MK vs DCU

I always thought the Sonya-Johnny Cage relationship from the MK movie was really entertaining. I'm surprised it didn't transfer into the games. But no, it is not cannon. I wish it would though..

I love Sonya. She's always been my favorite female. Look forward to destroying with her online.

I always thought the Sonya-Johnny Cage relationship from the MK movie was really entertaining. I'm surprised it didn't transfer into the games. But no, it is not cannon. I wish it would though..

I always thought their relationship was canon in the games, it just fits so well. But then I got to know MK's story better, and I figured it wasn't. Except for that poster in Cage's MKDA ending.

Sonya is awesome. She was my sub in MKvsDCU. She hits like a girl. ;)

I always thought their relationship was canon in the games, it just fits so well. But then I got to know MK's story better, and I figured it wasn't. Except for that poster in Cage's MKDA ending.

They might have some type of relationship in the upcoming game after seeing the "Fight Dirty" Johnny Cage video where he hits on her... :)

Johnny and Sonya > Jax and Sonya

Loved Ms. Blade since day one. She's got some powerful legs!

Sonya is a BEAST in MK9! I don't normally play as Sonya in MK games but she is going to be one of my top fighters.

The Kerri Hoskins rendition of her was by far the best, in my opinion

Back in the arcade days, she used to be my favorite female, but then Deadly Alliance came along :(

lol I love how this thread went from

"No their relationship is non-cannon"

And now in MK9 story, it took the opposite of non-cannon haha.

Although not 100% there yet, it's extremely hinted at IMO.

Right from the start she's always been my favourite and a little bit of a role model to me :)
I always kind of pictured her with Johnny, even though I guess it was never implied in the games..