Sonya Blade

You can't shame me for something I don't give a shit about.
It isn't like Sonya has an American flag shoved up her twat. Her design disrespects nobody but herself.

Our troops are dope as fluff, and Sonya dressing like a dyke isn't going to make a difference in their lives.

Jax has an American flag that he wraps around himself in MK9, though, which clearly shows that they're American soldiers.

Well this got ugly real fast for no reason (we all have our own opinions people, respect them), so I say let's have a change of subject aye.

Future Fatalities anyone want to see Sonya do? Besides bringing back her Kiss of Death (I mean really NR, this is Sonya's most iconic fatalities and IMO one of the most memorable of the series), I would love to see either of the following

1. Operation: Incinerate- Sonya takes her arm control, enter some combination, and sends a big beam that just completely incinerates the opponent.
2. It's a Break- Sonya does a hurricarana take down, throws the opponent to the ground, then proceeds to break their neck with her feet followed by a twitching opponent This would be similar to the way she kills Ermac in the 2nd movie.

Yeah I admit this is not the best I could do but hey when I come up with some more, I'll be back.

Second of all, as a person who did Tae Kwon Do for 13 years, I can tell you that you are 100% wrong about loose clothing cutting it in a fighting tournament.
My fighting tournament uniform was always 1 size larger, to allow for better mobility in sparring matches.
Tight clothing restricts movement, as far as fighting goes.

That depends on the material of the clothing. If the material is heavy and stiff, like a lot of dobaks and dogis, it will bind at the joints and restrict movement. However, if it's a made from a flexible material such as spandex, it has enough flexibility to allow movement while having enough strength to provide muscle support. Speed skaters, gymnasts, wrestlers, and swimmers wear tight clothing made from flexible material.

Back to the topic, MK isn't about authenticity nor do they pretend to be. I wouldn't know Liu Kang and Kung Lao were Shaolin monks if weren't for the bios. Besides their uniform are not standard, Shaolin monks are not known for trying to test their mettle in tournaments. Scorpion and other "ninjas" have questionable costumes too, but people love them anyways.

Last edited:
The difference with Liu Kang and Kung Lao is that while they are Shaolin Monks, they are also Kung Fu warriors and students of that martial art.
The monk side is their religion / belief system, but Kung Fu is their martial arts style.

Also, if we're REAALLLLYYY going to get technical, the MK "ninjas" aren't ninjas, per se.
They wear balaclavas and masks, but Sub-Zero and Smoke are assassins, Reptile is a hired gun / right-hand man, Ermac is a body comprised of 1,000 souls and both Scorpion and Noob Saibot are NetherRealm wraiths (Noob Saibot being comprised of Bi-Han's soul + a wraith soul).

Last edited:
The difference with Liu Kang and Kung Lao is that while they are Shaolin Monks, they are also Kung Fu warriors and students of that martial art.
The monk side is their religion / belief system, but Kung Fu is their martial arts style.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao actively seeking competition goes against Shaolin beliefs, especially if they are full-fledged monks.

Also, if we're REAALLLLYYY going to get technical, the MK "ninjas" aren't ninjas, per se.
They wear balaclavas and masks, but Sub-Zero and Smoke are assassins, Reptile is a hired gun / right-hand man, Ermac is a body comprised of 1,000 souls and both Scorpion and Noob Saibot are NetherRealm wraiths (Noob Saibot being comprised of Bi-Han's soul + a wraith soul).

Hence my quotation marks under "ninjas"....

Liu Kang and Kung Lao actively seeking competition goes against Shaolin beliefs, especially if they are full-fledged monks.

Agreed, but they are also Kung Fu warriors, defending EarthRealm and fighting for a noble cause (to save the human race).
Beliefs go right out the window when your very existence and the existence of the human race as we know it, is at stake.
THAT'S what Liu Kang and Kung Lao are defending.

As I said before:

Even if you don't believe in fighting to the death or killing at all, I'm pretty sure that if someone invaded your house, you wouldn't just stand there like a hapless dolt.
No, the fight or flight response would kick in, in which you would do all that you can to save your family or defend / protect your home.
That means either fighting (fight) or surviving (flight).

I could have sworn that this is the Sonya Blade thread. Why on earth is everyone going off topic talking about Liu Kang and Kung Lao. They have their own threads for us to go to and discuss them.

To attempt to get everyone back on topic, can someone answer my question on what fatalities you would like Sonya to have in the next game. I'm sure some of you have cool and unique ideas. I mean aren't you guys tired of debating back and forth?

lol, I don't care what Sonya wears.

Maybe it's just me, but because I like to watch Anime, and like 40% of it has Ecchi. My mind auto-blocks these things you guys are even pointing out. So to me I don't really care what she wears.

I personally think her not wearing a shirt under her vest and high heels is kind of ridiculous. but I'd think the same thing whether she was representing military or not.

Unless she's ACTUALLY commanding her men and needs their respect. Most of these people would be better off fighting almost stark naked so people can't use your clothes against you. And go Bald like Krillan from DBZ.

I don't like how Tarkatan is using family members being in the military as a point that he's more in the right.

I have family in the military, some of my best friends fought in afghanistan, came back a completely different person than when they left.

and I agree with BBBLP/Shira's perspective. Although I don't care if she looks Sexy, but don't immediately think this game disrespects military by having her dress like a stripper.

I like what people enter the military for. People who enter it to "protect freedom". But our military as a whole, aka the people in charge are doing a much more elaborate job of disgracing our military, by INVADING other countries.

Take your hate filled anger and use that energy toward something CONSTRUCTIVE and something that matters, like our men being SENT TO GET KILLED and KILL for natural resources or to fill up defense contractor pockets.

quit spending your ignorant time here bashing a video games betrayal of ONE fictional soldier, nobody plays MK9, then immediately thinks, "oh wow are all soldiers this low on modesty?"

Because Sonya doesn't ACT slutty, she just dresses what you consider to be slutty. Her personality should trump what you think of how she dresses. Risking your life to defend your entire planet, I would think would outweigh the way she dresses. But because we're all pervs, it's all we can see.

lol, I don't care what Sonya wears.

Maybe it's just me, but because I like to watch Anime, and like 40% of it has Ecchi. My mind auto-blocks these things you guys are even pointing out. So to me I don't really care what she wears.

I personally think her not wearing a shirt under her vest and high heels is kind of ridiculous. but I'd think the same thing whether she was representing military or not.

Unless she's ACTUALLY commanding her men and needs their respect. Most of these people would be better off fighting almost stark naked so people can't use your clothes against you. And go Bald like Krillan from DBZ.

I don't like how Tarkatan is using family members being in the military as a point that he's more in the right.

I have family in the military, some of my best friends fought in afghanistan, came back a completely different person than when they left.

and I agree with BBBLP/Shira's perspective. Although I don't care if she looks Sexy, but don't immediately think this game disrespects military by having her dress like a stripper.

I like what people enter the military for. People who enter it to "protect freedom". But our military as a whole, aka the people in charge are doing a much more elaborate job of disgracing our military, by INVADING other countries.

Take your hate filled anger and use that energy toward something CONSTRUCTIVE and something that matters, like our men being SENT TO GET KILLED and KILL for natural resources or to fill up defense contractor pockets.

quit spending your ignorant time here bashing a video games betrayal of ONE fictional soldier, nobody plays MK9, then immediately thinks, "oh wow are all soldiers this low on modesty?"

Because Sonya doesn't ACT slutty, she just dresses what you consider to be slutty. Her personality should trump what you think of how she dresses. Risking your life to defend your entire planet, I would think would outweigh the way she dresses. But because we're all pervs, it's all we can see.

I stand by everything I said about the issue of Sonya's attire, and if you don't like it, then pretend that my remarks don't exist, because I'm not changing my stance. Additionally, your political shit about "why our troops are out there" belongs in the Debate forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I stand by everything I said about the issue of Sonya's attire, and if you don't like it, then pretend that my remarks don't exist, because I'm not changing my stance. Additionally, your political shit about "why our troops are out there" belongs in the Debate forum.

Takes zero shots at rebutting anything I just said. Great Argument.

and it's not political "shit"

It's real, and you're "disgracing" our military the people who WANT to protect our freedom but are being used as tools for rich assholes. By calling what I just said "political shit"

next time you are forced to kill or be killed against something you believe like "taking over land, and killing innocent civilians" And someone tries to defend the BS you're put through, I'll be sure to call that "political shit"

You're such a hypocrite.

you really should keep up with our military if you actually give a shit, and see things like this

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-of-a-drone-pilot-who-killed-a-child/266453/

Last edited:
Oh boy. It's getting heated in here over a fictional character's costume. Please, can someone discuss some future Sonya fatalities with me?

Well if you insist.

What if Sonya shot both of her opponents knee caps and then snapped their necks while they were crippled?

I know that it doesn't sound like it fits but you have to consider her mental state after MK9.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

1. Kiss of Death (MK1 & MK3)
2. Kiss of Death (purple ball MK3)
3. Kiss of Death (MKDA)

I want Sonya's MK1 Kiss of Death fatality back.
I don't give a shit how "cartoony / impossible" it looks.

I think it could be possible. I think that should be her classic fatality like how Scorpion and Sub-Zero have one

I think it could be possible. I think that should be her classic fatality like how Scorpion and Sub-Zero have one

That's what I was hoping with MK9.

I was hoping that NRS would have done klassic MK1 costumes for ALL the original 7, along with Raiden's MK1 head electrocution and Sonya's MK1 Kiss Of Death.

She has 4 variations already. Two of which were in one game (that being MK3). That's why I listed 3 of those variations.

MK1 version was my favorite version, though. :love:

Sonya needs to stop with the leg rip shit. Now THAT is impossible, not matter which way you look at it. It's worse than Cage's torso rip.

i can't argue with what tarkatan is saying, even if i think it's silly since it's a fictional game. but you can't be a hypocrite, if you insist sonya represents the US military the historical standards that means ALL mortal kombat characters have to be historically correct. meaning no ninjas can wear colors or have super powers, and liu kang and kung lao have to accurately represent shaolin monks. since it's insensitive to asian history, i mean MK goes as far as to call ninjas chinese in the early games...if that isnt disrespectful i don't know what is.

Well if you insist.
What if Sonya shot both of her opponents knee caps and then snapped their necks while they were crippled?

I know that it doesn't sound like it fits but you have to consider her mental state after MK9.

Yeah I see what you mean. I just want some variety in the fatalities. Not everything she does not has to involve burning the opponent or dismembering them. Neck snaps are something vicious and cruel and I think a cool looking fatality can come out of it.