Ashrah

Jade

Ashrah

Ashrah.jpg

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 121 lbs
Resides: Edenia

Ashrah was once a member of Quan Chi's Brotherhood of the Shadow, a group consisting of Netherrealm demons who worshipped the fallen Elder God Shinnok. One day, Ashrah refused to carry out one of Quan Chi's orders. In response, he sent her sister - a fellow member of the Brotherhood of the Shadow - to kill her. While escaping her would-be assassin in the Netherrealm, she found a holy sword known as the Kriss. As she learned how to wield the blade, slaying Netherrealm demons with it, Ashrah began to recognize that with each one she killed, the sword progressively cleansed her spirit of evil. She then resolved to liberate herself from her inherent malevolent nature by using the Kriss to eliminate the evil within her. Each demon that she slays brings her closer to her goal of purification, and consequentially, her eventual expulsion from the Netherealm, as that dimension cannot sustain anyone with a soul containing such purity. What she didn't know, however, was that her Kriss blade was actually the "Datusha", a mystical vampire-slaying weapon that corrupts its wielder with the false belief that they are using it for a greater purpose in order to continue it's genocide against the vampires and other demons.

At some point in the past, Ashrah allied herself with Shujinko and taught him demon slaying techniques. Also at another time, she came into conflict with Ermac. Mistakenly believing him to be a demon, she attempted to kill him however she was defeated. During the events of Deception, she searched for Noob Saibot, whom she considers to be a powerful demon, in order to slay him as doing so would enable her to complete her ascension.

Ashrah's bio in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon explains that, after slaying a multitude of demons in the Netherealm, she transcended that plane of hell and emerged in an unfamiliar realm, surrounded by celestial beings of light. The celestial beings made her into their chosen warrior - the wielder of the Kriss who could purify the world, and would ascend into becoming "an angel of light", once she used the weapon to "consume the darkness". After submitting to their will, Ashrah was transported to Vaeternus to start slaying the vampire race, whom she saw as vile beings for their feeding on the blood of the living and spreading their corruption throughout the realms. Ashrah began her quest, slaying numerous vampires. However, she soon was encountered by Nitara, who was warned of this threat to her realm by the elders of Vaeternus. Ashrah was defeated by Nitara, who then managed to escape to Edenia, and Ashrah followed her to gain the power of Blaze in order to destroy Nitara and gain ascension.

In Ashrah's Armageddon ending, the power of Blaze purified her completely; she was transformed into a being of divine light. Her radiance soothed even the darkest of souls. With new purpose, she traversed the realms in search of evil, pacifying the wicked. Her mission came full circle when at last she purified the sorcerer who would have her slain: Quan Chi.

Signature Moves
Lightning Blast (MK:D, MK:A)
Heavenly Light (MK:D, MK:A)
Spin Cycle (MK:D, MK:A)
Nature's Torpedo(MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Purifying Light (MK:D)
Voodoo Death (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Deadly Spin (MK:D)​

I Liked her ending, and her moves, but I just don't like her as a new character...I think they could have stayed with the Characters from MKT through everything.
mktselect_2.png

I liked her character concept and the fact that she wasn't dressed like a hooker, but I would've went with something that didn't make her look so much like Raiden (which is probably why she gets a lot of hate).

Of the newer characters I'd say I like Ashrah more than most (certainly more than Mokrap or Bo Rai Cho), but she could use a design overhaul. Maybe look more demonic or even halfway (to show she's ascending...she just looked like a regular human and only 'demon-in-name' in Deception/Armageddon).

Probably otherworldly, glowing white eyes and a veil that covers her face might make her look a lot different. Also I'd make her wardrobe darker but still contain the gold elements for purity.

I like her story. Her character design sucks though, it's so bland. I would approve of a design revamp for her, because I would definitely want to see her in future MK games or as MK9 DLC.

Ass-rash is a boring character in my opinion.

Her story of redemption is so damn bland. If we knew her when she was a demon and THEN they introduced her quest for atonement, she may have been more likable.
She was also added as a random rival to the two of the biggest bad asses in MK's ninja history, Noob and Ermac.

but I would've went with something that didn't make her look so much like Raiden (which is probably why she gets a lot of hate).

Funny you say that because that is EXACTLY why I hated her. I am a huge Raiden fan and when I saw a chick rip off, I was legit pissed.

Yes, I was LEGIT PISSED at a video game character.

I agree I liked the character and her moves a bit, but not the design. I would love to see her completely re-imagined, just like how I feel about Tanya.

What's with the giant plate on her head? If she tilts her head, I am sure her equilibrium will become unbalanced. The biggest detractor for this character is her MAN HANDS.
manhands.png

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am not a fan of this character. I don't like or hate her, just pure indifference. No real reaction for such a forgettable and bland design.

Well netherealms fix striker, so never say never.
Ashrah have cool moveset, name and tricks, anyway, the (light) powers are cool, and i think that needs more elavoration, maybe white glowing hair (like that sun god from GOD3), or somethin like that, but yea, is cool character after all, at least best than mocap.

Ashrah is very bland for me. I see her as the less badass, female version of Raiden. I think she has a lot of potential though, but they really need to give her a redesign. Her light powers and voodoo are pretty cool, and I like that she is pretty much the only female who isn't scantily clad (which is a good and bad thing).

Likes about Ashrah:
1. Her special moves
2. She isn't dressed like a whore

Dislikes about Ashrah:
1. She comes across as a female Raiden
2. Not very interesting or cool looking
3. Pointless storyline/gimmick/character
4. She is part-demon in storyline. She isn't part-demon in appearance (like Mileena is)

Last edited:
I liked her character concept and the fact that she wasn't dressed like a hooker jade , but I would've went with something that didn't make her look so much like Raiden (which is probably why she gets a lot of hate).

She was the only new character in Deception that I actually liked. Granted they could have done something a bit more with her look but I liked that she dressed different from the other females and I think re-worked she could be pretty cool. However I can't really see them bringing her back sadly!