So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

Hi all.

WOW - love the demo - I am no expert and don't have too much time for games now, but this I am getting :)

It is the sequel that MK2 really deserved. Yes, I was playing that on the megadrive along time ago. :)

Anyway, only got this yesterday, I can beat the ladder on Expert without losing a round with the 3 guys, but really struggle with Mileena...just can't play her - maybe it's because IA blocks her moves easily unless mid combo and I find hers hard to combo.

Buit I can't seem to do these awesome combos you guys all can.

I hope ther is a match up system online so I don't get thrashed by experts like some of you lot all the time :)

Think I like Johnny Cage the most and then Scorp, though I can already see tha scorp will be very strong when people ares tringing his power combos together. Sub Zero is a bit less slick for my playstyle and mileena I just can't seem to play at all.

Love it though.

Last edited:
With Sub-Zero ive managed 12-13 hit combos and alot of other combos ive found, to be honest though from what we have seen people pull of with all the characters I feel there are still combos to be found im still finding new combos everytime I play

Sad story. I was playing with a friend (girl) and she picked Mileena. All she did was push buttons, but she was doing 7 to 8 hit combos almost back to back. I lost and still to this day she hasnt let it go. She didnt mean to be awesome, but she was

Same here, but at the same time they REALLY need to make sure the net code is seamless and that there is no noticeable lag at all. Otherwise this game will be a frustrating mess online and will fail hard.

I hope so. To be honest the last couple of fighters i have played online have been OK, but I have to make sure I am wired up and not using wireless. Impossible to be perfect, but in my old Quake3 days anything of 30ms or below was almost un noticeable with good netcode.

Some people may also suffer from the ever worsening input lag on a lot of big modern TVs. I recently got a 47 inch LG which is beautiful for movies but has input lag of over 90ms (I used the Rock Band Calibration tool for this as it was unplayable). Beware - it makes playing games harder and sometimes people assume it is the game, or lag online!

I am playing MK Demo on another LG which is smaller and has a PS3 and PC connected and almost no lag.

I've mastered corner play. I am now lethal from everywhere on the stage. Mark my words I will be a force to be reckoned with in competitive play. Number 1 Johnny user right here.

I've mastered corner play. I am now lethal from everywhere on the stage. Mark my words I will be a force to be reckoned with in competitive play. Number 1 Johnny user right here.

Don't sell yourself short now lol :p

I consider doing more than 50% damage in a combo a win considering my lack of crazy combo skills.
Yay! I have a famous win.

I've done mid 40s combos with everyone and a few without xrays but depending on the tweaks since it came out they could be useless

Did 14hit 53% on Mileena. Its just hard, feel I have little control, the timing on the moves has to be spot on.

[ U4, U4, F3, 1+2, roll, F3, 1+2, xray ] Look so easy, but still I find it very hard.