So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

Jakarta

It's harder than I thought. I try the Mileena uppercut combos and get the kick launcher>uppercut but when I try to dash back to do the second one I always screw up.

The Scorpion launcher>kick>teleport loop, Ive only gotten those 3, the timing is really tight.

Post here if you've had any luck pulling those off.

Edit, here's what I can do so far reliably with Mileena.

Last edited:
I know straight up that some of Sub-Zero's that were shown in his trailer are impossible and require the cheat to perform. Especially the one he performs on Jax at the end of the video. He does his enhanced ice beam twice and then an enhanced slide all within seconds of each other. The smaller ones from videos from GDC are possible though and I've been able to do them a few times.

about the enhanced moves for sub zero what does his ice beam does that is special? and his ice clone?

about the enhanced moves for sub zero what does his ice beam does that is special? and his ice clone?

Ice beam goes across the whole stage instead of just the ball which is easily avoided by jumping. So you can't jump to avoid it, you HAVE to block. Ice clone just lasts longer as far as I know.

9 hits with JC so far. That's the best I could do for now. But it's only my first day.

I've pretty much mastered Sub-zero and I'm pretty good with JC and Mileena. I spend like 4hrs a night on 1 character just throwin combos over and over with different variations. I haven't got to Scorpion yet and the demo has been out 4 a week now.

Tyler Lantern is my mentor but he doesn't know it LOL
I can do 90% of his crazy combos
And sometimes I add my own spins

Oh yeah I haven't even tried to tackle corner combos yet at all. I feel mid screen is harder

i beat the expert ladder with sub-zero but so far i havent been able to juggle with anyone. Uppercuts are the secret to my success

9 hits with JC so far. That's the best I could do for now. But it's only my first day.

DAMN!!! That's really good for the 1st day Alisa.
I've been playing the demo all week, and I can't get more than 5 or 6 hits with JC.

Thank you. I really click with the way he handles in this game.

Same here. For months before the demo I played a shit ton of Tekken with hwoarang as my main. It's kinda crazy how similar they are. They even both have the <- X pop up move.

I think combos are cool and all....but when u are playing a real person i doubt u are gonna be able to pull off a 11 or 12 hit combo....unless they really suck..combo breakers.