So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

i got some pretty mean combos with scorpion, my two main combos do 46% and another does 56%. immediately after someone uses their breaker i can pull of the combos no interruption no problem. i just started to use sub zero and have a 31% and a gnarly x ray combo. slowly and surely i will beast with everybody. i'm pretty adept with mileena, her combos have some demanding timing. johnny cage is my worst of the four.

Very much agree on Mileena. The timing on her combo's has to like right on.

So far I did not have trouble pulling off any combos, except Mileena's triple uppercut. But can you give me a link to those midscreen combos of yours? If it's the one in your signature, it's just another variation of his juggles.

EDIT: Just played the demo, pulled it off on my 3rd try...It's all just the same basic juggle with Cage.
I did all the combos you had on your channel, recorded them with my phone since I don't have any good capturing devices, so if you don't believe me I can send you those vids...

Seriously, there's nothing I can't perform with Cage, he's just too easy IMO.

No it's fine, I believe you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In the end it's not if you can pull off the combos/juggles, it's if you know how to use them and when. That will truly draw the line between the good players and the average/bad ones.

My bro does.

He is always like "Tell that DCP dude he's a *****, and that I can scrape him with JC."

lmao

That's fine. We'll see when the game comes out.

I'm happy with my progress on combos, for every character except for Scorpion. I don't know why, but his combos just feel awkward to me. I particularly have trouble with chaining teleports, my timing is off majority of the time and I keep missing my opponent. Or I have to be in just the right spot on the screen to actually keep slamming teleport while my opponent's coming off the juggle. Frustrating!

No it's fine, I believe you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In the end it's not if you can pull off the combos/juggles, it's if you know how to use them and when. That will truly draw the line between the good players and the average/bad ones.

You got that right. ;)
You seem like a great player, I would love to play with you once the game is out.

Sub has cool (heh) combo opportunities. Try working in a slide at the end, or even an enhanced slide. Then there is the kick-back combo (I think bp,bp,fk) which you can end with a freeze and then continue with your usual combos. I am not a master so I guess there are other fast and easy combos. I still have not figured out how to work in an x-ray or use the clone properly - but trying to find that out is fun as hell.

Also - Hi there TRMK!

Thanks dude +rep im gonna try that out with sub zero today, oh and off topic welcome to trmk.

I think the two most important things to remember when performing combos is that

1. Jumping in with a Punch always is the best way to enter into a combo.
2. When performing Special or Enhanced Moves in a combo start performing the arrow inputs before it's time to perform the actual move.
Sub Zero EX: Jump in with Square, Triangle, Triangle (while hitting Triangle, Triangle, be performing the Down, Forward for the
input for the Ice Ball)
[It seams to me that the buttons need to be pressed in rapid order so it's like Triangle, Triangle, X....Instead of
Triangle, Triangle, Down Forward X]

I finally went back to Mileena, and am now getting the dashing uppercut down. I got the roll>double uppercut in the corner. You have to dash quickly for the first to connect, the second has to be a hair slower.

I did find an easier double uppercut combo though, from anywhere: it uses the kick launcher (Up plus Backkick)

Kick launcher> Dash Uppercut > Roll > Uppercut

or

Kick launcher > Kick launcher > Dash Uppercut > Roll > Uppercut (37%)

I'm sure you can connect more hits with the teleport kick and so forth but I just worked on this simple 4/ 5 hit combo that I can reliably pull off in a match. Of course no one will just stand there while I do a random launcher, so I have to figure that out. :)

I seem to be doing really good with Scorpion.... I can do a 8 hit combo with my x ray that does 46% damage... I seemed to be better with sub zero when I first played the demo though ... now I keep hitting the wrong buttons for his specials. I did notice that in the demo with sub zero if you freeze someone in the air and upper cut them then do the sliding trip thats a 3 hit combo, that gives about 26% damage to your opponent. Also Ed Boon did say that this PSN demo is from a while back so I'm sure the damage will be a little more evened out on april 19th.

Johnny Cage feels like a total hand-holding character in the demo. I am able to win easily on Expert without having to learn or consciously perform any combos. You just press buttons and he strings stuff together on his own.

i have only played scorpion so far and i can do 53% damage with a x-ray tied into his combo...thats the best so far....

This is the first time when playing a game that I felt like an athlete. I focused on Scorpion, mostly because I have the game pre-ordered at gamestop. I saw the 57% damage youtube combo and aimed for that one. At first, I couldn't even get one of the airkick/teleports to hit. But, after I got the timing down on that, and knew it could actually be accomplished, I went to two, then three. Now I'm landing them with occasional consistency. But, each day when I go to play the game I have to work my way up each time, because you have to enter the inputs so fast. I found that working on my thumb technique helped a lot. I noticed that my thumb needed to be more mechanical, especially when initiating the air kicks. Sometimes I would be sloppy and input the wrong commands. So, I just spent an hour jumping back and forth. I found you can turn the timer off and increase the rounds to 3. Then, I decided to use the 2 player and select 2 scorpions and go back and forth doing the combos with each scorpion. This was the major breakthrough for me. When playing the single player, it was just hard to focus on the execution of the combos. But, in 2 player I could just focus better. All in all, I think the combo system is tremendous. The cancelling adds a lot of depth to it. People say that the super meter caters to noobs. But, I guarantee, the noobs will be gettin' stomped day one. The marquis players will eat the noobs alive with this game. The speed of the game alone, will cause the some people to be instantly dominated.

Hey, I uploaded those combos I finally figured out to do with Mileena. For an average player like me, I think these are combos one can do in the heat of a real match, whether you find yourself close to your opponent, or after you block a move like Scorpion's teleport or Mileena's roll.

Apologies for the poor quality, I recorded this on my iPhone. Please select 720p. :)

Hey, I uploaded those combos I finally figured out to do with Mileena. For an average player like me, I think these are combos one can do in the heat of a real match, whether you find yourself close to your opponent, or after you block a move like Scorpion's teleport or Mileena's roll.

Apologies for the poor quality, I recorded this on my iPhone. Please select 720p. :)

Good stuff. It seems like fighters like Mileena and Sub Zero cause quite a bit of damage with few moves.

Awww look at the cute little baby combo's

i just want to pinch it's cheeks

Good stuff. It seems like fighters like Mileena and Sub Zero cause quite a bit of damage with few moves.
That's the idea. These combos do 25-37 percent damage, no meter required. I can push out a few more hits, but these are my bread and butter combos that I know I can pull out under pressure. If I do a decent job of zoning I should be able to damage more advanced players before they overwhelm me. And with the upcoming combo damage nerfs, the gulfs might be smaller than in the demo.