Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91

Thread: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

  1. #21
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    64
    Posts
    473
    Thanked: 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dez Decaydance View Post
    I think combos are cool and all....but when u are playing a real person i doubt u are gonna be able to pull off a 11 or 12 hit combo....unless they really suck..combo breakers.
    Maybe if you're really good you can bait someone into using their meter before you go in for the big combo, but I see what you mean.

  2. #22
    Kombatant metroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Östersund, Sweden
    Age
    29
    Posts
    152
    PSN
    klasflod
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    I never thought I'd say this but Sub-zero's actually my main in this demo. At first he felt so clumsy but once I got some combos down with him I changed my mind. I can do one 9 hit combo which takes 29% of the life and one 11 hit combo which takes 40% of the life.

    Other than that Scorpion is pretty cool, I can handle an 11 hit combo which takes 27% of the life.

    Can NOT get the hold of mileena though. :/

  3. #23
    Shaolin Monk The Marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Steam
    SlootFlute
    Thanked: 81
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    A guy from sweden get's to play the demo

    and a good ole american like myself has to wait because i have a different console

    Suck it NR... seriously this is horse shit

  4. #24
    New Kombatant Sindur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    CT
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9
    Xbox Live
    Sindur
    PSN
    Sindur
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    buy a ps3?

    seriously, don't know what to tell you dude, you'll get to play soon enough

  5. #25
    Kombatant metroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Östersund, Sweden
    Age
    29
    Posts
    152
    PSN
    klasflod
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Marshall View Post
    A guy from sweden get's to play the demo

    and a good ole american like myself has to wait because i have a different console

    Suck it NR... seriously this is horse shit
    Haha, come on. Just buy a ps3 or stop whining. I've got Wii, 360 and ps3 and it's times like these I'm so happy to have all of 'em. Not missing out that way.

  6. #26
    Black Dragon Recruit SabbathBLOODySabbath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Diego CA, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    677
    Thanked: 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    I've done some pretty cool combos with johnny and scorpion but i'm trying to master sub zero the only combo i can do is the jab, jab then that ice sword attack that knocks the opponent back i must try harder. I haven't seen sub zeros classic combos i did notice scorpions classic combo you know the 3 kick combo from UMK3 well it kinda looks like it.

  7. #27
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by SabbathBLOODySabbath View Post
    I've done some pretty cool combos with johnny and scorpion but i'm trying to master sub zero the only combo i can do is the jab, jab then that ice sword attack that knocks the opponent back i must try harder. I haven't seen sub zeros classic combos i did notice scorpions classic combo you know the 3 kick combo from UMK3 well it kinda looks like it.
    Sub has cool (heh) combo opportunities. Try working in a slide at the end, or even an enhanced slide. Then there is the kick-back combo (I think bp,bp,fk) which you can end with a freeze and then continue with your usual combos. I am not a master so I guess there are other fast and easy combos. I still have not figured out how to work in an x-ray or use the clone properly - but trying to find that out is fun as hell.

    Also - Hi there TRMK!

  8. #28
    Hollywood Superstar MKShao_Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    870
    PSN
    jergi20
    Thanked: 94
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Ice beam goes across the whole stage instead of just the ball which is easily avoided by jumping. So you can't jump to avoid it, you HAVE to block. Ice clone just lasts longer as far as I know.
    I find Johnny Cage's combos to be the easiest to perform. There's not much to be creative about in his case, he's very simple to use. He's a beast in close range, he's a good anti-air character too but I feel like there will be not enough skill to show-off with him online.


  9. #29
    Hollywood Superstar cpac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    756
    Twitter
    @iamcpac
    Xbox Live
    i am cpac
    PSN
    i-am-cpac
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKShao_Kahn View Post
    I find Johnny Cage's combos to be the easiest to perform. There's not much to be creative about in his case, he's very simple to use. He's a beast in close range, he's a good anti-air character too but I feel like there will be not enough skill to show-off with him online.
    not much to be creative with!? Omg Johnny cage has so much sick stuff! And you can be VERY creative with him!

    The create a combo system works wonderful in this game and if you can find a way to link it together you can
    cpacowns
    ear to ear
    black dragon for life

  10. #30
    Kombatant smaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    105
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    I had a marathon session with my buddy this past weekend. I was able to pull over several large combo's with all 4 characters, including a couple of 48% combo's with Sub Zero. They can definitely be done vs another player.

  11. #31
    Hollywood Superstar MKShao_Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    870
    PSN
    jergi20
    Thanked: 94
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpac View Post
    not much to be creative with!? Omg Johnny cage has so much sick stuff! And you can be VERY creative with him!

    The create a combo system works wonderful in this game and if you can find a way to link it together you can
    No, no, no...I meant something totally different, I don't wanna repeat myself but Cage is probably the best close range character.
    I meant in terms of air juggles. You can do a lot more elaborate air combos with Mileena, Scorpion or Subby, which take a lot more skill to perform than any of Johnny's juggles. You can even combo X-ray into them... It's just the way I feel


  12. #32
    You Got Caged!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,097
    Twitter
    @PerfectStealth
    PSN
    PerfectxxStealth
    Thanked: 89
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKShao_Kahn View Post
    No, no, no...I meant something totally different, I don't wanna repeat myself but Cage is probably the best close range character.
    I meant in terms of air juggles. You can do a lot more elaborate air combos with Mileena, Scorpion or Subby, which take a lot more skill to perform than any of Johnny's juggles. You can even combo X-ray into them... It's just the way I feel
    Haha, it's really your opinion but I really haven't seen anyone pull off any of my midscreen combos yet so...

  13. #33
    Shaolin Monk RockHardMilkGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wu-Tang Dojo / Noob's Dorfen
    Posts
    1,408
    Xbox Live
    RokkHardMilkGun
    PSN
    iBlazeHiGradez
    Thanked: 37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Haha, it's really your opinion but I really haven't seen anyone pull off any of my midscreen combos yet so...
    My bro does.

    He is always like "Tell that DCP dude he's a *****, and that I can scrape him with JC."

    lmao


    RIP Smokey Cut Ashes to Ashes//Dust to Dust

  14. #34
    Hollywood Superstar MKShao_Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    870
    PSN
    jergi20
    Thanked: 94
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Haha, it's really your opinion but I really haven't seen anyone pull off any of my midscreen combos yet so...
    So far I did not have trouble pulling off any combos, except Mileena's triple uppercut. But can you give me a link to those midscreen combos of yours? If it's the one in your signature, it's just another variation of his juggles.

    EDIT: Just played the demo, pulled it off on my 3rd try...It's all just the same basic juggle with Cage.
    I did all the combos you had on your channel, recorded them with my phone since I don't have any good capturing devices, so if you don't believe me I can send you those vids...

    Seriously, there's nothing I can't perform with Cage, he's just too easy IMO.
    Last edited by MKShao_Kahn; 03-16-2011 at 08:10 AM.


  15. #35
    Kombatant smaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    105
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    This is the JC combo I use, I've landed it in VS matches against some buddies of mine several times. Particularly if you're against Scorpion or Mileena and block a teleport punch or roll.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAEUdNLolnM

    it's not dramatically different from DCP's juggle combo, just instead of using the Square, Square Jabs, I use Triangle, Square as it's a bit more damage.

    13 Hits 34%. If you start the combo with the Forward Circle pop up instead of the Ax Kick (back X) it's actually around 37% damage.

  16. #36
    Hollywood Superstar MKShao_Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    870
    PSN
    jergi20
    Thanked: 94
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by smaddy View Post
    This is the JC combo I use, I've landed it in VS matches against some buddies of mine several times. Particularly if you're against Scorpion or Mileena and block a teleport punch or roll.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAEUdNLolnM

    it's not dramatically different from DCP's juggle combo, just instead of using the Square, Square Jabs, I use Triangle, Square as it's a bit more damage.

    13 Hits 34%. If you start the combo with the Forward Circle pop up instead of the Ax Kick (back X) it's actually around 37% damage.
    I see what you did there, that's pretty useful!
    However, that's also exactly what I was talking about before. Every of his juggles is on the same basic principle. I'm not saying he's weaker than any of the other avaible characters, he's in fact a killing machine. Fast & deadly! He's also the most balanced character in the demo. But too simple to learn. It's a minor issue really


  17. #37
    BANALITY
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fl
    Age
    25
    Posts
    96
    PSN
    xx... Lol can't tell u
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Yup since the game is so fast u won't be able to pull that off u less their a noob

  18. #38
    Kombatant smaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    105
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by ASEXUALITY View Post
    Yup since the game is so fast u won't be able to pull that off u less their a noob
    That's the thing though, if you block certain moves you basically get that combo for free. Scorpions teleport punch, Mileena's roll, Kung Lao's dive kick. You'll get opportunities to do them more frequently than you think.

  19. #39
    Uncle Juandice squirrelpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buda, Texas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,037
    Twitter
    @squirrelpion
    Xbox Live
    Squirrelpion
    PSN
    Squirrel1571
    Steam
    Squirrelpion
    Thanked: 333
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    i got some pretty mean combos with scorpion, my two main combos do 46% and another does 56%. immediately after someone uses their breaker i can pull of the combos no interruption no problem. i just started to use sub zero and have a 31% and a gnarly x ray combo. slowly and surely i will beast with everybody. i'm pretty adept with mileena, her combos have some demanding timing. johnny cage is my worst of the four.

  20. #40
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So... has anyone come close to doing all those crazy combos themselves?

    I suck at combos. Always have. I prefer short, quick turnarounds. Those with the better timing and ability to read their opponents will be able to get off more combos, and if my combos only do 23% vs. your 35% I only need to be 1/3 better than you to win.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I really hope that this is close to what Quan Chi will look like.
    By GOBBLESNOOFERS in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
  2. Can't Get my Head round the Close Kombar and Freefall Kombat
    By silvercue in forum Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:23 AM
  3. Crazy Idea.......
    By Bigwayne1313 in forum Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
  4. Whew! That Was A Close One
    By Jeff Greeson in forum TRMK's Front Page News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-1997, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •