Rain

Jade

Rain

mortalkombat_article_image1_The_evolution_of_rain-s418x366-56632-580.jpg

Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 205 lbs
Resides: Outworld

Rain is from the ancient realm of Edenia. As a small child, he bore witness to the invasion of his home world at the hands of Shao Kahn. During the chaos that ensued, Rain was smuggled away while his father stayed behind to perform his duties as a general in the Edenian army. Edenia's armies were crushed in the Outworld invasion, and Rain's father was subsequently killed by Kahn.

Thousands of years later, Rain mysteriously returned during the invasion of Earthrealm and was attacked by Kahn's extermination squads. Given the choice to fight for Kahn or be killed, he knowingly turned his back on his homeworld, and he chose to side with Shao Kahn. Either out of fear, cowardice, or ulterior motives, he aided Kahn in his plans for the conquest of Earthrealm. Trained in the art of combat, Rain fought whole-heartedly to destroy Earth's warriors.

As Rain has not appeared as a playable character in years, and Deadly Alliance offered no insights to his current whereabouts, details about Rain's fate remain unknown. His Mortal Kombat Trilogy ending stated that Kitana confronted Rain and was able to turn him against the Emperor by informing Rain of his father, an Edenian general's stand against Shao Kahn leading to his subsequent death. After learning this, Rain was furious, and embarked on a one-way suicide mission to stop Kahn.

Rain appears as a non-playable character in Mortal Kombat: Deception, in Konquest mode. He can be found in both Edenia and Outworld, and is involved in two separate sub-quests to be undertaken by Shujinko. In the second sub-quest, Rain is shown to have been slain by Jade. It is uncertain how many different events taking place in Konquest mode are canon.

During the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rain learned of his true Edenian heritage. Quan Chi informed Rain that he is actually a direct descendant to Argus, the protector god of Edenia. Rain then started to refer to himself as a prince of the realm, as seen in Armageddon's Konquest mode, but he still chooses to fight on the side of evil, although he no longer serves Shao Kahn. He wishes to kill both Taven and Daegon in order to be able to win the ultimate prize and power promised from defeating Blaze. Rain confronts Taven in Arctika, but he is beaten in battle, eventually escaping in a watery portal.

In Rain's Armageddon ending, it is revealed that he is actually the half-brother of Taven and Daegon, being the son of Argus whose identity his father had tried to keep hidden. Imbued with the power of Blaze after defeating him, Rain becomes a full god, and Argus proclaims him as the new Protector of Edenia. However, Rain instead uses this power to enslave the realm. Argus, having ascended to the status of Elder God after Rain's own ascension, is unable to stop him.

Signature Moves
Frozen Rain Orb (MKT)
Shocking Bolt (MKT, MK:A)
Super Roundhouse (MKT)
Water Blast (MK:A)
Mystic Vapors (MK:A)
Windy Feet (MK:A)

Fatalities
Upside Down Uppercut (MKT)
When Lightning Strikes (MKT)

Other Finishers
Friendship: Rain makes it rain around his opponent causing a few flowers to grow at their feet. (MKT)
Friendship # 2: Rain lets out an umbrella and starts flying straight up. This can be only done in the Game Boy Advance.
Animality: Elephant (MKT)​

Rain is one of those Characters that I really like but dont know why. I do like how they intergrated his storyline in with Armageddon even if he did come across as whiny

He was really cool, and I love his Cameo in the Cathedral.
images
(Look to the very right and who do you see?)
He was my friend's Favorite character and He's begging in Tweets for him to be DLC, but Ed wont respond. lmao!

he's my absolute favorite. I hope he is given the lightning move again and looking much greater and more powerful that nightwolf's. I am also hopeful he's in the initial game and not as DLC. the best look around the web is that arabic like picture somebody made, too bored to find a link for it :p but yeah he looks great like that, can't wait to see how he will be in the new game :D

GREAT CHARACTER!!
love how he was a joke, but then ended up being popular. I love his backstory, really fits in with MK

He was fun to play with in UMK3; I remember playing against my brother and he'd be like wth when I hit him the rain and thunder moves. It would be interesting to see him in MK9 as DLC.

Rain has a very good storyline being Taven halfblood brother, he;s half god and he was raised by Shao Khan, away from Edenia. I hope he makes it in the new game from the start

This dude can be a killer in the right hands in UMK3! I hope they'll keep his roundhouse "trip around the globe" kick in MK 9.

I think they should do a love triangle between Rain-Kitana-and Liu Kang. Kitana, a princess, is pledged to marry Rain, a prince, for political reasons, before Liu Kang, a commoner, shows up in her life. Then she has to choose between her realm or her heart. It's a classic story.

Another Rain Tweet from Ed:

RT @Sanata50LbsB @noobde hey how come you replaced rain with quan chi? not cool homms Noobde: You know what happens when you ASSume, right?

Just hurry and confirm him in the new MK is all I ask. And if I remember right Rain is 210lbs not 205lbs

I hope NRS does some really cool stuff for Rain when we get him! Im sure we will. He could really use a reboot :)

I need Rain based on the UMK:3 version. His moves were so perfect. He looked awesome. They don't have any ninjas based on the MK3 look, so it'd be perfect.

I hated the overly flamboyant look with the cape, ponytail and gold in the newer games. I sincerely hope they give him a little more edge back.

One of my favorites, really hoping he's reincarnated in his UMK3 form with more ferocity than his overly regal look in the later games.

I hope they scrap his electric moves and give him water/vapor moves.

I never understood why Rain could summon lighting from the sky but Raiden cannot.

He was awesome in Trilogy, the kombo juggling king! His special moves are awesome, I really like the water ball that let's you control where your opponent lands. I think it's good plot to have him as Edenian royalty but I wish he'd fight for his realm and quit being such a traitor. Perhaps he should seek the tutelege of Nightwolf or Raiden to learn how to be a better guardian for his home realm.

Rain is awesome. He's purple! THEREFORE HE IS THE BEST. Haha seriously he has a cool kostume in UMK3 and MKA. One can be the alternate of the other. He has water moves too, that could be really cool in MK9. I hope his waterball returns. Just like Noob's cloud came back. I don't know why he could summon lightning but eh.....that's fine.