Batman: Arkham City

YES!!!!! just fully paid it off today.

Nice, I'm waiting until release because I'm lazy. Got it pre-ordered, though, so I still got my copy waiting.

I figure the money I could have spent on the CE (which I almost did, but they changed the Bat-belt to a statue) is going towards my purchasing of all the DLC, such as Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman maps.

I hate waiting :( still, 2 weeks left!!!

i gotta do some neighborhood work if i want any DLC i got Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Batman Arkham City on hold and both fully paid off.

i gotta do some neighborhood work if i want any DLC i got Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Batman Arkham City on hold and both fully paid off.

Hey, you have to do what you have to do. Besides, it's optional, so it's not like your missing out on anything important enough to be in the full game. My advice, wait till the game is out and see how much you like it, or even wait a few months after release until it gets stale (which all games eventually do) and then get the DLC with whatever money you have.

Best buy released the Robin trailer today, although I would have liked more Robin gameplay in it. Here it is: http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-city-robin-trailer-dyce-107093/

And some Nightwing pictures got leaked as well today. He looks good to me. Click on the link and the pictures should be on the webpage when you scroll down: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=47555

Well, what do you think of the Robin TV spot and the Nightwing pictures?

^This!! NightWing FTW! I shit when I saw IGN posted the achievment list and supposedly he's got a few playable sections in the main game! #NerdGasm

nightwing is in this game?!

awesome he's one of my all time favorite superheroes, I was afraid we were just stuck with robin.

I'm glad to see you guys are excited about Nightwing. Frankly, I can't wait to throw some Wing Dings around(lol). I haven't heard anything about him being playable in the main game, but I have heard he is playable in all of the challenge maps, which includes the main game, same for Robin and Catwoman.

Also, earlier today, the Mad Hatter was leaked for the game as well. In the following video, he can be clearly seen surrounded by goons in Rabbit masks (for obvious reasons). Also in the video, it shows a few scenes in the middle with Bane, Poison Ivy and Calender Man, which marks the conformation for all four characters in one video. These scenes are new as well, so Bane and Ivy are indeed returning from the previous game. No word on Scarecrow or Croc yet, but Crane isn't officially dead, so...

Anyway, here's the link. Enjoy!: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ArkhamHub/news/?a=47591

Lots of leaks happening this week, so stay tuned Bat fans!

oh wow was not expecting to see poison ivy return... this game is getting better and better. i thought it was already at its best LOL

oh wow was not expecting to see poison ivy return... this game is getting better and better. i thought it was already at its best LOL

I was thinking that as well. I thought that back in August when the DLC costumes were announced that this game was at it's best, with Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze, Joker, Catwoman, Two-face, Penguin and Solomon Grundy announced. After that, it's just been piling up with news and slowly building up more of my hype.

At this rate, I really think this will raise the bar for all super-hero games, and maybe even games in general. We have an open-world game, which doesn't neccesarily entail poor detail but usually it is sacrificed at some degree for space, that has so much content and nods to the 70 some years of history Batman has. They even included Crime Alley, the spot where Batman was created!

There is so much content packed into this one game. I really feel for once that you are getting your money's worth out of this. Fallout had this as well, but it's rare for games to do that. RDR did as well. Hopefully, more people branch out and get this game because it really will be great.

Now, the cool part is, that I still think Rocksteady has many tricks up their sleaves that we don't even know about. I can't wait to find out!

Batman got the best Villains.. he's going to need backup against, its probably why he calls in Nightwing got no idea on Catwoman's status and......... Robin and maybe more

.. 13 days, though until Arkham City releases.. 13 very long days

.. 13 days, though until Arkham City releases.. 13 very long days

Indeed, they will be VERY long. I'm rather busy, so it will go by faster for me.

As for the companions, your description is pretty accurate from what I can tell. Catwoman is there likely to take advantage of the chaos and steal things while everyone is distracted. She has always been more of an Anti-hero, so she's not neccesarily evil, despite some of her portrayals. If there were a grey zone in Batman's world, she's definitely in it.

We may get Batgirl, but I'm not so sure. Rocksteady could pull it off with the new 52 for DC comics, but I don't think they'll do it. Maybe. Who knows, considering all the characters in the game; she's just about the only mainstream character to not be included.

Why does this game keep looking better and better each passing day?

Great Marketing campaign? I.E. slowly releasing information on the game to build hype instead of one huge announcement and then 4 months of nothing. I think it works better the first way as you are constantly reminded of the game rather than it being forgotten.

Also, I think it's because there is simply so much going on in the game as well. Still no word on co-op though; maybe an announcement after release? That Bane photo is the main hint at co-op, but I guess it's disputable.

How much stealth is going to be required? Cause I just want to beat up people. In Metal Gear I shoot everyone.

It's hard to say at this point. I would think the majority of levels would be action based, with some stealth or a few stealth only levels sprinkled in there. The free roaming is where you can probably just run around and beat the crap out of crimianls constantly. Bosses... I don't know. Freeze is stealth, while most of the other bosses are probably action.

I don't think the inclusion of steath should deter you from the game. Metal Gear is much more patience based while this game has more quick stealth, I guess. Take out one guy, run across from him. Wait a few seconds for the group to split up, rinse and repeat.

Then I probably won't purchase the game because I have little patience lol I just want epic Batman fight scenes so I think I'll stick to Lego Batman
Lol, I dont mind about the stealth :p I like it actually but it gets annoying when you do too much... :p

Lol, I dont mind about the stealth I like it actually but it gets annoying when you do too much...

I quite enjoyed the stealth in this game, and felt it captured the essence of Batman fairly well. That's what made AA great: it balanced action, stealth and detective work very well so that it didn't get too repetitive. Batman really is a mix of all of those, so you have to mix them just right or it won't work right.

Anyway, I got more news. Yesterday, a new Robin gameplay trailer was released with fairly lengthy fighting. You can see that Robin uses his staff intermiddently when he fights, so it should be different than Batman or Catoman. Here's the trailer from youtube:

Since this is the first real time we are seeing Robin in action, what is your opinion of him? I have to say, he looks like a worthwhile bonus and character, and I can't wait to try him out when he releases as DLC.