Batman: Arkham City

Hey didn't know if anyone had seen this. Ign posted a video of how to unlock "bobble head mode". After finishing the game, you have to be in normal difficulty or higher. Pull out your cryptograph hold in L1+L2 and R1+R2 and rotate the right stick clockwise and the left counter clockwise over and over til you see Batmans head get huge. You just unlocked bobble head mode congrats!

Last edited:
Saw that elsewhere a few days ago, thanks to Pat. I'm pretty sure you don't have to have the game completed though.

Just got the game this morning! :)

Should I hop straight into the story first or should I just free roam for a bit and practice on my gliding skills?

Practice on the gliding skills. It's a hell of a different pace than it was in Arkham Asylum. Besides a few of the challenges has you glide at a certain distance. Not easy, but not hard.

It took me a while to figure out where you could do some of the "dive bomb a certain height" physical challenges. :lol

By the way, got Robin on Tuesday...spent about 30 minutes playing as him and was thusly underwhelmed. His BTAS skin looks great though. But his gameplay is weak compared to Nightwing...who was way more fun. Once again, no taunts....weak.

Have the game entirely beat except for some riddler challenges and hostages. Taking forever to unlock each one to rescue. Def do not ignore the side missions cause they are surprisingly very interesting and twisted. Some even hint at the next game. I was never a comic guy before but this game is making me interested cause there's so many interesting and sick bad guys.

Ok, the intro to this game is dope, for one.

And two, I took your advice, Fire Dragon, and practiced gliding first. I think I got it down pat, so everything's all good now :cool:

I really think I'm gonna have a blast with this game :proud:

Ok, the intro to this game is dope, for one.

And two, I took your advice, Fire Dragon, and practiced gliding first. I think I got it down pat, so everything's all good now :cool:

I really think I'm gonna have a blast with this game :proud:

When you unlock them, so the first 3 virtual flying challenges right away. They're easy and you unlock a gadget that helps you stay in the air instead of landing all the time.

I beat the game last week, still got a lot more to do on the open world end, but I'm waiting on the costume pack Dec.6 so I can play the rest of the game as 70s classic Neal Adams "blue & grey" Batman. I do agree that this game was just about perfect, and that you can do so much in the open world after beating it, and you also have all the side challenges, the replay value is unreal, glad I got the collector's edition too, the statue is really well done! Till then I'll be hooking up my Xbox and dusting off my copy of Alan Wake, never got a chance to finish it the first time round'.

I'm glad that you did cuz some of these damn Riddler Challenges that involves gliding can be a real major pain in the ass, especially to those who will be frustrated with the challenge if they don't know how to fully utilize the glide ability.

Hey guys, I'm still around, but I really don't have time to come on here much anymore.

Anyway, all the DLC is great if anyone was skeptical. I would say that if you really love the combat, then definitely buy Robin and Nightwing. They both really do play differently from Batman and are really cool to play as. However, their predator abilities are rather limited compared to Batman especially the environmental takedowns, such as the inverted takedown among others(which they both lack). If you like the combat, though, they are really great. Some voiceovers would have been nice, but it's not that big a deal.

I'm doing some of the extreme challenges and they're very difficult. Where as you could get hit in the regular combat challenges and would still be able to get all three medals here you pretty much have to use most of Bat's moves while not getting hit and dealing with Titans in some maps.

So much replay value, though. This game is definitely worth full price. Between this and Dark Souls, I never have a dull moment. Now dying... that's another story. Hopefully you guys are enjoying this game as much as I am. Also, the Batman comics from the new 52 (the one pencilled by Capullo) is great!

Survival of the Fittest Extreme is my favorite challenge map. Knocking down a ton of bozos using the Titan Rodeo is amazing. I've gotten 50-60x combos on that map per round easy.

Did anyone voted in the Spike TV 2011 VGA? Batman: Arkham City has a lot of nominations, including Game of the Year, Best Male VA with Mark Hamill as Joker, Best X-Box Game, Best Original Soundtrack, etc.

I have, even without signing on to the site.

Mark Hamill isn't going to win best VA, and pretty much only because there are people who are rabid nuthuggers of other franchises. No doubt he's highly deserving though, and it would be nice to see him win since BAC was essentially his denouement as The Joker (with rumors of Richard Epcar possibly filling in).

I just traded AC Revelations and Tekken Hybrid away for this game, I've played with it a little bit, it tells me to press circle and triangle for a combo, do I press them together or one after another?

I just traded AC Revelations and Tekken Hybrid away for this game, I've played with it a little bit, it tells me to press circle and triangle for a combo, do I press them together or one after another?

Press them together. For Takedown Special: Circle and Triangle (Y and B for 360)

Catwoman might as well not be wearing any clothes; she's wearing a skin-tight suit.

Besides, Talia Al-Ghul > Catwoman.