Kabal

Vixen

Kabal
Kabal.jpg.pagespeed.ce.8dUuV6FVjm.jpg

Height: 6.2
Weight: 175
Origins: Earthrealm
Fraction: Black Dragon Clan​

For many years, Kabal was a loyal member of the Black Dragon clan, until Shao Kahn broke the sacred rules of Mortal Kombat to instigate an invasion and took Earthrealm by storm, When Kahn began stealing souls, Kabal was spared from this gruesome fate because he was one of Earthrealm's chosen warriors, destined to fight against Shao Kahn. Seeing all chosen warriors as a threat to his dominance, he ordered his extermination squads to annihillate him. Kabal managed to escape, but his face was left forever scarred, irreperably mutilated, and forced to rely on a resperator due to his windpipe being slit. The events of Shao Kahn's invasion had profoundly changed Kabal; he left behind his life of crime with the Black Dragon and vowed to become a force for good; at least for a time.

Between the events of Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Kabal was wounded severely in battle by Mavado, a leading member of the Red Dragon hoping to wipe out the Black Dragon. Mavado then took Kabal's trademark hookswords as a trophy.

Havik visited Kabal at the brink of death and restored him, and then instructed him to bring back the Black Dragon as a force of anarchy and decay. In spite of his previous experiences fighting alongside his Earthrealm comrades against Shao Kahn's hordes and his vow to help put an end to crime and injustice, he followed Havik's instructions seemingly without hesitation. It is believed he trained with Havik for some years, before going back to Earthrealm and killing Mavado, taking back his hookswords. He then also recruited Kira and Kobra. The three of them joined Havik on Outworld for the events of Mortal Kombat: Deception. While his reason for recruiting Kira and Kobra as the newest members of the Black Dragon was basically to fill the void left behind by his apparently deceased comrades, Kabal had ulterior motives. Seeing as how the complacency of the former members led to the demise of his clan, Kabal wanted to ensure that his newest recruits were truly worthy of the Black Dragon. He tested their prowess in battle against the enemies of the Dragon King.

In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon's Konquest mode, Kabal confronts the protagonist Taven after Taven had defeated Kobra and several other Black Dragon thugs. Kabal offers him a chance to join the clan, but Taven refuses. They fight, and Taven manages to defeat Kabal, although he doesn't actually kill him.

In Kabal's Armageddon ending, he is able to vanquish Blaze, causing his hookswords to become enchanted with power. He challenges his nemesis Mavado to Mortal Kombat. Kabal overpowers and defeats him easily. Mavado commits hara-kiri and Kabal holds his severed head high atop the pyramid to show the Black Dragon's superiority.

Signature Moves
Raging Flash: (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:A)
Plasma Blast: (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:D, MK:A)
Sawblades: (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Nomad's Touch: (MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Head Inflation: (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Freaky Face: (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Torso Split: (MKD)
Tornado Cut: (MKD)

Other Finishers
Friendship: True Camper: (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Animality: (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Hara-Kiri: (MK:D)​

Last edited:
one of my absolute FAVORITE mortal kombat characters.
however, i'm a bit disappointed witht the way he looks in the new game.
i expected him to especially bad ass after they waited so long to announce him, but i don't think he looked all that special.
i like what they did to his skin, further emphasizing his wounds, but his mask bothers me because of the stupid spikes on top...why??
i LOVE how he looks in the picture for this thread and how he did in mk3/umk3/mkt
but then again, i wanted his story completely altered for this game to make him have a more elaborate story

I freaking love this guy Kabal!

As a child I always used him against Motaro because he looked fat in the booklet. I thought fat = power lol.

Dang what else? 1st you thought you kould only play with Kai and Reptile and now this? What else fool?

I always liked Kabal but after the reveal video I gotta say I LOVE him now. which makes him my 8th favorite right now. it may seem low but as my username shows, I love the 7 ninjas so.. :p but hey, he beat the cyborgs and some females for me this time so 8 is good after all :p anyway, the whole set is amazing, the looks, the moves, the sounds, the fighting style.. really looking forward to get my hands on him and play

I always liked Kabal but after the reveal video I gotta say I LOVE him now. which makes him my 8th favorite right now. it may seem low but as my username shows, I love the 7 ninjas so.. :p but hey, he beat the cyborgs and some females for me this time so 8 is good after all :p anyway, the whole set is amazing, the looks, the moves, the sounds, the fighting style.. really looking forward to get my hands on him and play

8th favorite, huh? You sound like me. I keep changing the order of my favorites ALL the time! I like so many characters. :p

^ I know right! in this game I even look forward to just try stryker as well (let's not push it by saying play with him regularly :p). no one can beat the 7 for me but Kabal is definitely added now as a FAVORITE. hell, Kano, Baraka, Shang Tsung, Jade, Kitana, Cyrax, Sektor too now. I always just liked those but looooooooooooooooooooooooove them now :D

I'm drooling at the thought of his second fatality.
If its just as graphic as Boon describes, my stomach may get a little upset.
Haven't felt that feeling from MK in years :)

They're definitely new, I'm not to fond of them.
I don't think I've ever seen a grown man with pigtails until MK9 Kabal.
I don't ever want to see it again.

Kabal's a lot of fun now--seems to be the choice of my friends who don't know how to play the game. He's easy to get the hang of. At least he's not quite as spammy as he was in UMK3...