Baraka

I like Baraka storyline in Deception but nvr played as him until MK9..Kitana is my favorite character but I didnt like her in MK9 for some reason

A great character that has evolved and become more popular as the series has progressed.

Its ashame that such a vicious and savage is reduced to the role of a lackey more often than not. To be honest the only service i think was just was his service to shao kahn and onaga. Following orders from Shang Tsung & Quan Chi just further diminished his credibility to me!

One think we know is that he is the Leader of the Tarkatan Hordes but never really see him in command of them.

None the less Baraka is a force to be reckoned with and i hope to see him in future games...Under his own Rule!

How has he evolved?
He was a lap dog when he was introduced, and he was a lap dog the last time we saw him.

How has he evolved?
He was a lap dog when he was introduced, and he was a lap dog the last time we saw him.

His look, His moves and his background has some depth!
And yes he's always been a lapdog but i think it would be good if NRS broke him away from that and took command on his own. Having one OVERLORD with plenty of minions job to other characters gets boring. i want to see him/them be the ruthless badass they're portrayed to be. And also challenge the big bad guy.

Baraka has always been my favorite male character. It's just so unfortunate that he was made to be so weak in MK v DC and MK9. He lost every battle he was ever in in story in both games.
He deserved so much more recognition. His gameplay and design NEVER disappoint me.

Sad to say Ed Already showed it was quan chi on twitter :/ (As much as I am praying he is, i doubt baraka is making it into this one...maybe DLC)

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/557270856573779968

Sadly, agreed.
Chances are slim that he's making it in. But with all of these 'relatives' and whatnot, I wouldn't say a brand new tarkatan leader is impossible to make the main roster. Hopefully they don't replace Baraka with one though, it's just a thought.

Baraka has always ruled. I've loved him since his MKII debut. I think he had more of a brutal feel in the early games, however; I agree that he comes off as a lackey henchmen in later games.

Fantastic MK character!

I assume Baraka was not developed enough to make it in the game with 3 variantions for each fighter and will now stay dead. You never know what they plan for MKXI, but Baraka's chances for return are slim to none.

A great character that has evolved and become more popular as the series has progressed.

Its ashame that such a vicious and savage is reduced to the role of a lackey more often than not. To be honest the only service i think was just was his service to shao kahn and onaga. Following orders from Shang Tsung & Quan Chi just further diminished his credibility to me!

One think we know is that he is the Leader of the Tarkatan Hordes but never really see him in command of them.

None the less Baraka is a force to be reckoned with and i hope to see him in future games...Under his own Rule!
He just doesn't have the presence, tricks compared to Kahn or Shang Tsung to be equal to them. But his storyline can be developed further and more than just an assistant to rulers of Outworld.
Heck, a storyline can be that he comes back from the dead in the Netherrealm and coming from Oni demon backgrounds, he finds this is where he wishes to reside. Think Hsu Hao's story in Armageddon except the leader is a much more popular one to fans.

Maybe not on the throne of hell, but a story where his presence resides there is where his story can go forward. There are a number of wide-ranging possibilities where that can go...