Baraka

Jade

Baraka

baraka.gif

Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 220 lbs
Resides: Outworld

In the events leading up to the second Mortal Kombat tournament, Baraka led the attack on the Shaolin Temple of Light in Earthrealm, which spurred Liu Kang to seek vengeance in Outworld as predicted by Shao Kahn. During the ensuing tournament, Baraka partnered with Mileena to overthrow Shao Kahn and rule Outworld, but canon states that their plan never came to fruition. Mileena was murdered and Baraka was sent away to the lowlands of Outworld.

Following Shao Kahn's fall from power after Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Baraka escaped and spent time traveling alone. In the time prior to the events of Mortal Kombat Gold, Baraka encountered the necromancer Quan Chi while wandering through Edenia. Quan Chi offered Baraka a chance to rule the realm at his side if he agreed to join the army of Shinnok. Eager for battle, he readily accepted. Once again Baraka planned to betray his new masters, but after Shinnok was defeated by Liu Kang, his opportunity was lost once again.

During the events of Mortal Kombat: Deception, Baraka found yet another new master in the risen Dragon King, Onaga, in whose strength he had great faith. After freeing Mileena from her prison, Baraka recruited her to Onaga's ranks. She posed as Princess Kitana, using her position to misdirect the Edenian forces into combat against the Tarkatan raiding parties well away from Onaga. This was intended to give the Dragon King the time he needed to complete his schemes. However, she gave command of Kitana's army to Bo' Rai Cho. His forces defeated many Tarkatans, which angered Baraka. Although Mileena agreed to meet him in the Beetle Lair, Baraka decided to send another Tarkatan in his place.

In Baraka's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze and gains godlike power. He decides that he will never serve anyone again. He threatens Shao Kahn and Onaga to bow before Lord Baraka or die, but they respond by attacking. Baraka's blades grow twice their normal size and he impales them through their hearts, then proceeds to throw their lifeless bodies over the pyramid side. Now the ruler of Outworld, he wants a queen and gives Mileena a choice, presumably "Become my queen or die". She chooses wisely (implying that Mileena accepted Baraka's offer) and becomes his queen.

Signature Moves
Flying Shard (MKII, MKT, MKG, MK:D, MK:SM, MK:A, MKvs.DCU)
Chop Chop Blades (MKII, MKT, MKG, MK:D, MK:SM, MK:A, MKvs.DCU)
Head Swipe (MKII, MKT, MK:SM)
Blade Spin (MKT, MKG, MKvs.DCU, MK:2011)
Mutant Blades (MK:D, MK:A, MK vs DCU)
Scrape Kick (MKvs.DCU)
Triple Flying Shard (MK:SM)
Air Blade Spin (MK:SM)
X-Ray Attack: Tarkatan Impaler (MK:2011)

Fatalities
Decapitation (MKII, MKT, MKG, MK:SM)
Blade Lift (MKII, MKT, MKG, MK:SM, MKvs.DCU)
Mutant Dissection (MK:D)
Head Kabob (MK:D)
Chest Stab (MKvs.DCU)
Tarkatan Shredder (MK:2011)

Other Finishers
Friendship: Present Box (MKII, MKT)
Animality (MKT)
Hara-Kiri: Self Decapitation (MK:D)

Hands down most favourite mortal kombat character ever, such a great concept for a character and is easily the most savage and brutal fighter in MK. Not just blades for arms, blades comming out of arms that are fully functional aswell, awesome character with some of the best fatalities and moves of the whole series.

Im looking forward to play as Baraka, one of my favourites. Really very original and cool looking character. Who donesn't like Baraka, probably the most cruel, vicious fighter in franchise.

Fact! For a few months after MK2 was released my friend and I called Baraka "Paco".

Fact! I'm going to call him "Paco" again. Starting now.

Fact! I'm going to spell it p-a-k-o. Starting...now.

Baraka is one vicious dude... he was the first character that I was able to beat MK2 with when I was a little kid ....... I would go up the ladder with scorpion but I could not beat shao kahn with scorpion I had to use Baraka to win the tournament. Baraka and Scorpion just might be my go to tag team in this New MK.

Baraka is a beast! Didn't particularly love his moveset in MKII particularly his flying kick, but quite possibly the most original MK character to come since MKI.

Baraka is the biggest beast besides the Shokans and Centaurians. He is awesome! And so ferociously original.

Baraka is one of my favourites, he is evil, merciless, vicious , the guy is really a bamf.

I like his MK 2011 look, resembles MK2, and his face is cool. He will be my main option to tag-team with Mileena, hehe.

Hope he keeps his "Chop Chop Blades" move, since is the Baraka's trademark move , and one of the most cool in MK ....

Yep, he is one of the most original character in the franchise.

He never got my attention until MKvsDCU. He had some nice combos, his kombo challenge was one of the first ones I finished, and he was hella fun to play as. Bakara FTW!

Love me some Baraka.
Deception solidified my love for him.
I forget how to do his chop chop blades though, can anyone remind me ;)

In Deception, it's D, U+3 (A in X-Box, X in PS).
In MKII, Back 2-3x+Punch

When I saw him battle in the live stream, when he did his fatality on Cyrax, I was like "Damn! Now that's sadistic and cruel." But can't wait for the game to come out next week.

Last edited:
Hands down most favourite mortal kombat character ever, such a great concept for a character and is easily the most savage and brutal fighter in MK. Not just blades for arms, blades comming out of arms that are fully functional aswell, awesome character with some of the best fatalities and moves of the whole series.

I absolutely agree with you 1,000,000%!!!

:)