Baraka

Lol I'm just saying, instead of him biting he'll use his blades for advantage. Biting requires him to get close and his blades has better reach.

Baraka is amazing :D his Xray kick's ass in mk9.

However ONE thing i don't get is why does he not use his teeth like mileena does. He could rip a head off easily with those teeth. :D

Thats something I've always wondered.
I'd like to think its an honor thing. The Tarkatans may be savage looking, but they are very heavy when it comes to their pride.
And using teeth in battle may be seen as taboo.

On Rich Divizio's original Baraka mask, the teeth were made out of fake women's fingernails. If Baraka's actual teeth are of any similar strength, he ain't rippin' off any heads with them.

Baraka is and always will be my favorite MK character. He is my best fighter, and I can beat pretty much anyone with him. HE'S AWESOME! But up there close are Scorpion, rain, noob, and sub-zero. My favorite big guy is a cross between Motaro and Kintaro (I like the big o's JK).

On Rich Divizio's original Baraka mask, the teeth were made out of fake women's fingernails. If Baraka's actual teeth are of any similar strength, he ain't rippin' off any heads with them.

Really? That makes him a LOT less intimidating, having fingernails for teeth.

Anyway, Baraka always terrified me as a little kid, mostly because of that creepy grin he made when he won a match in MK2 and MKT. I believe I even had a nightmare once in which he was coming after me! *Shudder*

Anyway, Baraka always terrified me as a little kid, mostly because of that creepy grin he made when he won a match in MK2 and MKT. I believe I even had a nightmare once in which he was coming after me! *Shudder*

Have you been killed by him in your nightmares yet Dimentio?? I remember that his MK Deception clearly shows his brutal side, although nothing can beat the sadistic nature of his Blade Impale from MK2.

Heh, I never saw that many fatalities until recently, as I didn't have a computer back when I first played trilogy years ago, so I had no way to know how to perform the fatalities. I just randomly pushed buttons and hoped for the best. I managed to pull off one of Jade's fatalities this way. As for Deception, my Deception disk got cracked a while back, and I don't remember that much about it.

Also, on the subject of my nightmares, I believe I only had that nightmare once.

I like Baraka, I think he has some of the best fatalities in the series, but yeah, as a character, he really isn't much more than a playable henchmen

It really sucks how they turned Baraka into such a punching bag in the series.

In MK2, he's easily one of my favorite characters. The stab lift fatality is still one of my favorites, thinking about how Baraka stares into his enemies eyes as they slowly die. I mean, damn. Thats one cold sum bish. I remember when I got Trilogy and Baraka was on there. All my friends would pick the bosses since they were playable (on PS1) and I'd pick Baraka because he wasn't on MK3/UMK3. Then (besides gold, which I don't count in the series) he's gone for 10 years in the series.

They bring him back in Deception as one of the main advertised characters. Ads, promo videos, commercials, they all had Baraka. As they should, because he was such a great character in Deception.

Then MK vs. DC comes out and they have that dumbass costume on him. I'm like "Who the fudge is this jagaloon?". So, I gave him a chance, tried to play as him, tried to learn his combos, and he was such an ASS character. I hated Midway for it. I was extremely upset. Then MK9 gets announced and I see Baraka. He actually looks like Baraka this time and looks like a cool character. Turns out he was a slight improvement to DC, which isn't saying much, and seemed like a filler fight for a lot of chapters. They could have built him up to be a force to be reckoned with. Not have him be the SECOND FIGHT in story mode, introduce him in the Outworld tournament as "Leader of the Tarkatan" and have Kung Lao fight him right before Shang Tsung & Quan Chi.

Baraka is still one of my favorite characters of all time, but the recent games have just disappointed me with him.

For some reason when I was a kid I was TERRIFIED of sheeva, my parents got MK Trilogy for me on PS1 when I was younger and they would play it with me sometimes and if they ever picked sheeva or if sheeva was an opponent in the ladder I would bolt out of the room and refuse to come back until sheeva was no longer on screen lmao. Idk she freaked me out so much