Sub-Zero

Im not even going to lie and act like I finished that crappy game of mythologies, and most people didnt Im sure.

So lets look at the Mk history of both Kuai Liang and Bi-han.

Okay so everything you said about Kuai Liang right right Im hearing you. Pussy Ive heard it before.

Bi-Han's history in actual Mk games. Gets killed by Scorpion. The End.

As far as actual Mk story accomplishments Bi-han has none. Kuai Liang was his successor and has been for 8 games now. You dont like Kuai Liang because he actually has a brain and thinks with his own mind.

Bi-han was just a slave to a clan who didnt give a shit about him. Then he was killed by Scorpion. That's all he is in my book.

Nope. Wrong. Bi-Han was a WARRIOR just like our soldiers US SOLDIERS. He followed orders and finished the job. If Not for Bi-han there would be no MK, there would be no Scorpion and there would be No Scrub-zero(KL)!!!

Yeah Bi-Han does have a history, MKSZM! Crappy game or not its CANON. LMAO!!

Has a brain? Kuai Liang is ONLY a brain now LOL! Kuai Liang was NEVER his successor. he simply assumed his name! ASSUMED. He is not sub-zero and never will be. He made sub-zero suck!

If Bi-Han did more than Kuai Liang, then 1 is a mathematically bigger number than 8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

If Bi-Han did more than Kuai Liang, then 1 is a mathematically bigger number than 8.

and here comes the peanut gallery bringing up the rear with absolutely NOTHING to offer. seriously dude just go stick your head in a deflated plastic bag and take a deeeeeep breath.

your taste in music sucks and your opinion is that of a burned out stoner. you have the mentality of ozzy "burnout" osbourne and your lack of intelligence makes everyone around you dumber. you're like an all consuming black hole of ignorance.

Last edited:
and here comes the peanut gallery bringing up the rear with absolutely NOTHING to offer. seriously dude just go stick your head in a deflated plastic bag and take a deeeeeep breath.

your taste in music sucks and your opinion is that of a burned out stoner. you have the mentality of ozzy "burnout" osbourne and your lack of intelligence makes everyone around you dumber. you're like an all consuming black hole of ignorance.

See you pick and choose what you want to use from the new timeline and the old timeline.

Well in the OLD timeline (the one I tend to follow admittedly) Kuai Liang didnt take his brothers name. Bi-Han got it because he was next in line to be Sub-Zero (he was the eldest). So when he died Kuai Liang automatically became Sub-Zero.

It's a family name which you were just telling us a minute ago. Now, you are saying he took his brothers name. Kuai Liang did more with Sub-Zero than Bi-Han ever did. They could have never made mythologies and Mk4 would still be understandable. Bi-Han is as just of little importance as you think Kuai Liang is.

Fact is Mk is about individual stories A LOT. When some of you argue that Kuai Liang has a bad story I really do not see it.

If we talk about pertinence to the MAIN story. Really only Raiden, The main protagonist (whether it be Liu Kang, Shujinko, or Taven), and the main antagonist(Shang, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, etc..) are the only people who really matter to the main story at all.

Hell even Earthrealm warriors like Sonya, Johnny, Jax all have individual stories and I feel they're much worse than Kuai Liangs.

Im a Sub-Zero fan. So take it with a grain of salt, but I still think he had one of the best character developments in the franchise. In fact I feel a good endgame was in sight for him. Sareena had showed up, and all he needed was to have a child and carry on the Sub-Zero legacy. I would have been fine with him passing the torch at that point.

See you pick and choose what you want to use from the new timeline and the old timeline.

Well in the OLD timeline (the one I tend to follow admittedly) Kuai Liang didnt take his brothers name. Bi-Han got it because he was next in line to be Sub-Zero (he was the eldest). So when he died Kuai Liang automatically became Sub-Zero.

It's a family name which you were just telling us a minute ago. Now, you are saying he took his brothers name. Kuai Liang did more with Sub-Zero than Bi-Han ever did. They could have never made mythologies and Mk4 would still be understandable. Bi-Han is as just of little importance as you think Kuai Liang is.

Fact is Mk is about individual stories A LOT. When some of you argue that Kuai Liang has a bad story I really do not see it.

If we talk about pertinence to the MAIN story. Really only Raiden, The main protagonist (whether it be Liu Kang, Shujinko, or Taven), and the main antagonist(Shang, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, etc..) are the only people who really matter to the main story at all.

Hell even Earthrealm warriors like Sonya, Johnny, Jax all have individual stories and I feel they're much worse than Kuai Liangs.

Im a Sub-Zero fan. So take it with a grain of salt, but I still think he had one of the best character developments in the franchise. In fact I feel a good endgame was in sight for him. Sareena had showed up, and all he needed was to have a child and carry on the Sub-Zero legacy. I would have been fine with him passing the torch at that point.

In the old time line He Assumed the role as well. I don't pick and choose . You make things up. I've followed MK since day one. Don't try to insert your own self-fabricated "fanfic" point of view to further assert your opinion. Kuai liang hasn't accomplished what Bi-Han has. yes. I know you like him, but he simply has not. Go to youtube and look up all of his profiles and endings, Kuai Liang assumed his brother's identity to enter MK2 and find the truth behind his brother's disappearnace.

He has accomplished nothing, save for joining Raiden and reforming the Lin Kuei. Which ultimately proved futile. Sub-zero single handedly saved earthrealm from shinnock and quanchi, in all of his years of being sub-zero name one of Liang's exploits that compares with that! When you can present me with that, I will give Kuai-liang some credit. Until then I will continue to root for Bi-Han. Because he is the superior warrior.

In the old time line He Assumed the role as well. I don't pick and choose . You make things up. I've followed MK since day one. Don't try to insert your own self-fabricated "fanfic" point of view to further assert your opinion. Kuai liang hasn't accomplished what Bi-Han has. yes. I know you like him, but he simply has not. Go to youtube and look up all of his profiles and endings, Kuai Liang assumed his brother's identity to enter MK2 and find the truth behind his brother's disappearnace.

He has accomplished nothing, save for joining Raiden and reforming the Lin Kuei. Which ultimately proved futile. Sub-zero single handedly saved earthrealm from shinnock and quanchi, in all of his years of being sub-zero name one of Liang's exploits that compares with that! When you can present me with that, I will give Kuai-liang some credit. Until then I will continue to root for Bi-Han. Because he is the superior warrior.

No their father was the 5th or 4th whatever number in the sequence it is. Then Bi-Han became Sub-Zero because it was a family name. When Bi-Han died Kuai Liang took on the name because it was a family name. Not because he was paying homage to his brother. In the old timeline he didnt even care about his brother.

Ive already told you I dont care about mythologies. Whatever happened in that game is useless to me just like Kuai Liangs story is useless to you. I dont care. He has no pertinence or importance to any character besides Quan Chi and Scorpion nor any plot aside from Mk4. Hes better off being Noob Saibot.

Also comparing him to a US soldier, No. He would have seen a family and killed them if the job called for it. Kuai Liang would have thought about it. That's why I like Kuai Liang. He has thought processes.

Bi Han just follows orders and does what his clan tells him. He most certainly would have volunteered for automation. Kuai Liang didnt, voluntarily. Thing is Bi-Han didnt have to be automated. He was just a killing machine a yway, hes linear. Raiden told him to change (thats in your mythologies prized game), and he didnt. He now pays for the consequences being Noob Saibot. Kuai Liang went against what the Lin Kuei told him and wanted his freedom. That's why hes better, hes not one dimensional. He has a mind.

No their father was the 5th or 4th whatever number in the sequence it is. Then Bi-Han became Sub-Zero because it was a family name. When Bi-Han died Kuai Liang took on the name because it was a family name. Not because he was paying homage to his brother. In the old timeline he didnt even care about his brother.

Ive already told you I dont care about mythologies. Whatever happened in that game is useless to me just like Kuai Liangs story is useless to you. I dont care. He has no pertinence or importance to any character besides Quan Chi and Scorpion nor any plot aside from Mk4. Hes better off being Noob Saibot.

Also comparing him to a US soldier, No. He would have seen a family and killed them if the job called for it. Kuai Liang would have thought about it. That's why I like Kuai Liang. He has thought processes.

Bi Han just follows orders and does what his clan tells him. He most certainly would have volunteered for automation. Kuai Liang didnt, voluntarily. Thing is Bi-Han didnt have to be automated. He was just a killing machine a yway, hes linear. Raiden told him to change (thats in your mythologies prized game), and he didnt. He now pays for the consequences being Noob Saibot. Kuai Liang went against what the Lin Kuei told him and wanted his freedom. That's why hes better, hes not one dimensional. He has a mind.

First of all. Yes he did enter mk2 to look for bi-han.
Second. If you indeed look to past mk for your source of info you have to look at mksz because it is part of first gen continuity.
Third. You never presented a valid comparison.
Fourth. Big han accomplished more in one game than Lang did in 8.
Fifth. In "attempting" to lend validity to Liang they convoluted his story, as if making excuses why he was an adequate replacement. Bi han is superior and you haven't presented enough evidence to suggest otherwise.

I doubt it will happen. they put the kibosh on it before.

The ONLY reason that they "put the kibosh" on it before is because Midway was going bankrupt.
Plain and simple.

Midway was SO broke that they didn't even have enough money to make Quan Chi and Harley Quinn as MKvsDC DLC, as was originally planned.
Their saving grace was that they were bought out by Warner Brothers, and re-branded as NetherRealm Studios.

Now they actually DO have the financial backing to do a Sub-Zero and Scorpion game (thanks to MK9 and Injustice selling like hot-cakes), and LOTS of people would buy a Scorpion and Sub-Zero game like that, featuring those 2.

I've DM'ed Rigo a few times on Twitter, saying how an MK: Fire and Ice game would be cool to see, but he says that people have been requesting that a lot and those decisions are made above him.

Awesome.
I could spend HOURS playing Shaolin Monks again, just like I did in the PS2 days.
That would be the tits. :)

The ONLY reason that they "put the kibosh" on it before is because Midway was going bankrupt.
Plain and simple.

Midway was SO broke that they didn't even have enough money to make Quan Chi and Harley Quinn as MKvsDC DLC, as was originally planned.
Their saving grace was that they were bought out by Warner Brothers, and re-branded as NetherRealm Studios.

Now they actually DO have the financial backing to do a Sub-Zero and Scorpion game (thanks to MK9 and Injustice selling like hot-cakes), and LOTS of people would buy a Scorpion and Sub-Zero game like that, featuring those 2.

I've DM'ed Rigo a few times on Twitter, saying how an MK: Fire and Ice game would be cool to see, but he says that people have been requesting that a lot and those decisions are made above him.

Actually, Midway's bankruptcy had been brewing for years. Since the turn of the millennium, Midway had been losing money literally every year. Combine 8 years of annual losses and a single revenue stream with a major recession and you've got a recipe for bankruptcy.

Last edited:
True, but the reason that Fire and Ice was cancelled was because Paradox (aka Midway LA), couldn't do it under budget (because Midway was having financial troubles at the time).
Now that NRS is owned by WB, they have a substantially bigger budget to do such a game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/09/ed-boon-reveals-mk-fire-and-ice.aspx

"When they finished [Shaolin Monks], the guys at Paradox were gonna do another one called Fire & Ice. It was gonna be a co-operative Scorpion and Sub-Zero game," Boon said. "They actually started the early stages of that game, but they couldn't do it in time and under budget, so the project was canceled and kind of went away."

I'd like to know what possessed Midway to buy Paradox when they were still losing money every year...

Side note: Paradox was the studio that developed Thrill Kill, a game intended to dethrone MK as the king of excessively violent video games, but its attempt to do so backfired when EA bought out the publisher, found the game on the release schedule, and subsequently cancelled it for being "bad for corporate image". The game was leaked on the internet by members of the development team nonetheless.

SUB-ZERO-A member of the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan,the grandmaster,ninja assassin who commands the power of ice & cold. He's always been one of my favorite characters. He'll always the Mortal Kombat warrior to be reckoned with.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I really wish that the fire and ice went through.

Am i the only one that notices that Sub-Zero is the one who gets speculated the most? Dayum lol.

John Vogel finally responded to my question about Sub-Zero's eye scar in the old timeline. He literally said that if there is an explanation, he doesn't remember. Very disingenous I feel. Kind of disheartening. I understand the lore he wrote that made him a living isn't his whole world. But jesh. He basically told me to write it myself. In that case, I'm sticking with the Lin Kuei 'marked for death' scenerio

By the way, Kung Loa cutting him (just as a random and lame as MKX comics) in Shaolin Monks is not canon. That should be very clear.

And in the new timeline, Kano cutting him is so random and lame. Its like the comic writers said, "hey, that's have Kano do it. He's the knife guy. Makes sense right?" The scar disfiguring his face permanently should be something dramatic that defines big events in his history. Not, "oh, I bumped in to Kano once, guys."

Which is why I like the Lin Kuei explanation in the old series better. A reminder of the clan that betrayed his loyalty and tried to kill him.

Last edited:
John Vogel finally responded to my question about Sub-Zero's eye scar in the old timeline. He literally said that if there is an explanation, he doesn't remember. Very disingenous I feel. Kind of disheartening. I understand the lore he wrote that made him a living isn't his whole world. But jesh. He basically told me to write it myself. In that case, I'm sticking with the Lin Kuei 'marked for death' scenerio

By the way, Kung Loa cutting him (just as a random and lame as MKX comics) in Shaolin Monks is not canon. That should be very clear.

And in the new timeline, Kano cutting him is so random and lame. Its like the comic writers said, "hey, that's have Kano do it. He's the knife guy. Makes sense right?" The scar disfiguring his face permanently should be something dramatic that defines big events in his history. Not, "oh, I bumped in to Kano once, guys."

Which is why I like the Lin Kuei explanation in the old series better. A reminder of the clan that betrayed his loyalty and tried to kill him.

That is a little disheartening to hear about his answer like that for sure.

I always thought it was due to the Lin Kuei "marking him for death"; I could've sworn I'd read that in game somewhere, too.