Kitana

I believe it's "down, forward" now, which kinda bums me out. I hate having to suddenly do a move differently than the way I've been doing it for over 15 years. And why change it, really? You're supposed to use the move in the air most of the time anyway, so I don't see it conflicting with the dash often enough to warrant it.

I believe it's "down, forward" now, which kinda bums me out. I hate having to suddenly do a move differently than the way I've been doing it for over 15 years. And why change it, really? You're supposed to use the move in the air most of the time anyway, so I don't see it conflicting with the dash often enough to warrant it.

mileena's teleport kick is (forward forward X) on ground & in air o_O thats weird, oh well i'll get used 2 it, i expect my thumbs 2 hurt after a battle though :p

I posted earlier somewhere else that my favorite design of her fans was in the live action movie/series... i would really like to see that version of her fans in the games...

other than that...i don't think any of her other fans were all that great looking...although i guess the original was nice and simple, nasty paper cut lol

I posted earlier somewhere else that my favorite design of her fans was in the live action movie/series... i would really like to see that version of her fans in the games...

other than that...i don't think any of her other fans were all that great looking...although i guess the original was nice and simple, nasty paper cut lol

i liked the movie ones too, but they didnt really look like fans 2 me :p it looked like half of the sun lol

Never cared for Kitana, I never disliked her either. She was just, there, I guess.

:p lol i wish NRS showed her off more, ppl can get a good glimpse of her gameplay, outfit, voice, etc. i for one really want 2 hear kitana's voice (yes ive heard her intro like a gazillion times but it got old) i wonder how she sounds in story, how her attitude is. lets just say, im expecting alot from the princess this time around.

Kitana has always been my favorite ever since I first played MKII. I don't know what it even is about her but I've always liked her backstory and fighting style. There's just something badass about being a princess fighting with fans, having a psychotic twin sister who'll stop at nothing to kill you, being the love interest of the hero, being 10,000 years old, and trying to overthrow the Emperor responsible for your father's death. I would almost consider her the "heroine" of the series, truth be told.

Speaking of her relationship with Liu Kang, as subtle as it is I'm glad they don't go overboard with it (unlike what they did in Shaolin Monks, I pretend that game just didn't exist now :p) But I've always liked how Kitana is able to overcome whatever obstacles are in her path even when Liu Kang "died." I actually admire how they both realize their responsibilities and despite their feelings for each other, they don't let it get in the way of whatever they have to do for the sake of their worlds.

My only real complaint though is in her costumes. =/ I just really wish she'd have a nice elegant design for once -- and I can see they're trying to attempt it with this game but for whatever reason it really hasn't warmed up to me completely; I feel like they could've been a tad bit more original like they were with Jade's. Even Mileena's in Deception was more elegant than Kitana's was in Deadly Alliance/Armageddon (Which is probably why I wish Kitana's "blue-clad-Mileena" outfit in Deception was actually a real costume of hers, haha! That's probably my favorite Kitana outfit to date :p) Speaking of those games, I don't really understand why her maskless alternate costume was purple when her traditional color is blue and even in the Armageddon start screen, you can clearly see that it's blue there. Sooo...I don't know if the team was having trouble deciding the main color for it or what.

Anyway, just wanted to give my two cents on my favorite MK character -- and probably my favorite video game character ever! Her gameplay in this game looks amazing and I can't wait to play her when it comes out. :D

Last edited:
Kitana is so awesome! She's my main in MK2, UMK3 and MKvsDCU, and, if not main, she's gonna be at least my second main in MK9. To show how much I love her, I decided to add her to my new signature vvvv =D

I think I'm gonna join Team Kitana as well.

Just joined the group, because she is my favorite character, too.

I made a 3D fan model of her with the original simple fan design. Send me a message if you want me to make you a custom sig with her, or something.

She is my favorite character together with Sub-Zero since MK2. I raged when they started making her a couple with Liu Kang. For me, she was supposed to be with Sub-Zero! Ninjas in blue, attack!!!

But anyway, even though I like her a lot, isn't she too much naive? I mean... She's 1000 years old, and it took her a THOUSAND YEARS to notice Shao Kahn was hiding things from her and was far from a lovely father. C'mon... Unless in the beggning Shao Kahn was a really nice guy, which is... Weird.

Kitana's been a totally awesome character in all her incarnations and a vicious opponent. Her fans totally kick ass in every MK I've seen! For all her age however, she does not seem wise, you think she would be more of a wise ruler some how.