Alternate costumes from different stores is getting on my nerves!!!!

artofgarduno

Im sorry guys but this alternate costume thing from different stores is getting out of hand. This is the stupidest shit I ever seen. I mean seriously, Target has Kitanas Alternate, Best Buy has Sub-Zeros Alternate, Amazon has Reptiles Alternate, Gamestop has Scorpions Alternate and someone else has Ermacs alternate, this is so pissing me off. Is anyone else annoyed by this marketing or is it just me????????

I wouldn't doubt that they would be sold at the PSN store as a bundle or singles so I don't really care. Even if they aren't, oh well.

I'd assume they would be unlockable / DLC a little while after release. But I agree it is extremely annoying!

Not only that they also come with their original fatalities! Thats why I hope these are just early access codes to what is already in the game hopefully

MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING!! Heh, I too tend to get a little annoyed by this and the whole, "Well you can have this now but ONLY if you PRE-order from us and later you'll get charged extra if you want for the rest." I understand it though and it's been talked about to exhaustion before so I'm not going to rant. The only real criticism I have is how long it took Target to announce their alt costume kharacter. People were itching to hear this and a lot have probably already pre-ordered from other vendors. I'm happy with my pre-order and I saved quite a bit but I feel for those who were really looking forward to info like this.

I just want to have all of them from only 1 preorder from any store. Its ridiculous to have 5 different places offering different variations.

OP, did you make this thread without considering the very strong likelihood that NRS is gonna release all of the costumes as DLC later? The team even said theyre not expecting us to pre-order from everywhere which leaves one thing; DLC!

Well Im doing Amazon. Reptile my favorite, and Id like to play as his classic look day 1. Reptiles both looks are amazing in this game. As for the other retailers, its not real important to me.

its annoying at first because i really wanted reptiles alternate fresh out the box but it was sold out at amazon, but its cool cause every alternate costme will be dlc eventualy so noo worries

They did this for marketing reasons. I would know because my mom works in marketing for a newspaper.
Besides there's no reason to get upset. NRS will most likely release all the alt costumes as DC.

I still think its kind of annoying regardless if it comes as dlc later on, I was originally going to get Reptile until I found out there was a Sub-Zero retro for Best Buy

What's annoying is finding threads like this bumped to the top every time I pop into the forum.

Oh shit! I just bumped it.... UGH Damn you thread! *kicks thread*

Its just that most of us fighters here want all the alternated fresh out of the box, WE dont want to wait a few month to get them!

I personally don't want to pay 5 dollars for a bunch of klassic costumes. They should all be offered as unlockables in the krpyt or some such, instead of DLC.

I personally don't want to pay 5 dollars for a bunch of klassic costumes. They should all be offered as unlockables in the krpyt or some such, instead of DLC.

That would destroy the whole purpose of free exclusive skins with preorders.

If you can't dish out a few bucks for something you really want, I say you're pretty cheap.

That would destroy the whole purpose of free exclusive skins with preorders.

If you can't dish out a few bucks for something you really want, I say you're pretty cheap.

Im fine doing that, but I have to say thats a pretty harsh statement not everybody has money to spend like that even on little things

Im fine doing that, but I have to say thats a pretty harsh statement not everybody has money to spend like that even on little things

Meh. It's not hard. You can find a few bucks if you search a Wal*Mart parking lot for crying out loud. Do this enough and you'll have enough cash for a temporary VISA card or something.