Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

  1. #1
    Tarkatan Warrior ZMONEY220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    277
    Twitter
    @ZMONEY220
    PSN
    ZMONEY10202
    Thanked: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era or "The Era" was a 10 year period in time that occurred between the years 1999-2009.

    A series of bad games was released in this era as a result of a step up to 3Dimensional
    but to me MKDA, MKD and MKSM and MKA was my favorite games but i was really fond of MK8 and MKG and the worst of all MKSF!


    One of the mistakes of this era was the Silly characters
    • Green - Good
    • Yellow- Fair
    • Red- Bad


    Jarek was the start of Silly characters i've grown hatred of each day if only Ed boon was to get rid of him forever instead Chameleon(unsure if he is gone forever)

    Hsu Hao I just hate him. he's ugly he lacks story, he should be with belokk, Nimbus Terrafaux and Zebron.

    Shujinko Needs his own moves as Depicted in his MKD Ending with the rainbow fist. I dont want to see him again.. maybe a mention..

    Daegon Lacks moves but has much potential i prefer him as a NPC. His counterpart Taven is way better. But since raiden is going back in time in the new game i dont think these 2 will ever enter the tournament. SOB

    Nitara is sorta my fav because she is original. No other fighting game has put a Vampire in there rooster and what better game to put her than bloody Mortal kombat! she can use some more story though.

    Shinnok is regarded as the "worst" Mortal Kombat boss of all time for a reason but if he is planned DLC for MK9 i wouldnt mind seeing him with better moves and Attire, I mean What if he ran into the Joker in MK8 ? He has a excellent story and is MK Worthy.

    Reiko Good Story, Somewhat MK Worthy. He maybe known as the maroon Ninja without a mask or shao kahn's right hand or just shao kahn's D***-Sucker. To me he is a okay character. The way Taven described him in story mode sounds about right. He could use some new moves that fit that description and i do not want to see him in MK9 Unless he is a cameo

    Drahmin He is a okay character, very MK Worthy cause he is a oni. The most of him i want to see in MK9 is his mask during story mode.

    Frost I like that she is another piece of SECRETS OF THE LIN KUEI and subzero's past and for all we know she could be that sibling that Kui liang and Bihan left in america and MK Lacks PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTERS.

    Mavdo Is a deff bad ass character. His attire is excellent and fits MK Perfectly

    Havik Very evil and Unexpected. He is a good character to me cause he is loosely based off my other favorite character Noob saibot.

    Every other character i didnt mentioned because there is so many i like but have no words.
    Kenshi
    Quan Chi
    Sareena
    Ashrah
    Li mei
    Kai
    Meat
    Kobra
    Mokap
    Moloch
    Tanya
    Onaga
    Bo Rai cho
    Darrius
    Hotaru (somewhat)
    Dairou
    Monster
    Taven!
    Fujin



    Games

    Mortal kombat 1
    Mortal kombat 2
    Mortal kombat 3
    Ultimate Mortal kombat 3
    Mortal kombat Trilogy
    Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
    Mortal kombat 4
    Mortal kombat Gold
    Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
    Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    Mortal Kombat: Deception
    Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe





    Please when you get the chance visit this post --> http://bit.ly/ewp6eQ
    Last edited by ZMONEY220; 03-13-2011 at 12:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Ugh, I do agree with you that Mortal Kombat: Special Forces Sucked.

  3. #3
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were piss poor.

    MKvsDC was when it started heading in the right direction... But still wasn't actually RIGHT.

  4. #4
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were piss poor.

    MKvsDC was when it started heading in the right direction... But still wasn't actually RIGHT.
    Your Mortal Kombat Sense is akward...Have you been to the doctor?
    Are you implying MK vs DC is BETTER Then MKDA, MKD, And MKA?!?!?!?

  5. #5
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    By the Hourglass.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,717
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Thanked: 355
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Meat, Bo Rai Cho, Mokap, Kobra, Blaze, Jarek, Hotaru, Darrius, and Dairou are very irrelevant characters to MK because they are too generic when it came to moves and looks. I'd put Kira here too, but I like playing as her in MKU (I hope that she gets her original moveset if she'll ever return to MK again). Kobra is a rip-off of a Street Fighter character, Hotaru and Darrius belong in Final Fantasy, Dairou belongs in Dynasty Warriors. Meat and Bo Rai Cho are characters who are trying to be funny when they are not. Johnny Cage still has the spotlight of being the most comical of MK (and he's effin HOT). Maybe if Bo Rai Cho didn't fart nor puke so much in battle (especially since he is "Master" Bo Rai Cho), then I'd accept him as an MK character. Jarek isn't my type because he was a rip-off of Kano. In MKA, I liked how he had original moves but I still find him unecessary unless they give him a better story. Now Mokap? He needs to be original or he needs to go.

    For characters such as Blaze, Drahmin, and Moloch, they seem to be irrelevent bosses. Though, I'd rather have Drahmin over Meat. In fact, Blaze shouldn't be in MK. He should be in one of the Marvel Comics fighting the X-Men or in DC fighting Superman.

    For Frost, she needs longer hair. Not short and spiky. Her powers look cool but I hope that she isn't too difficult to play as in the future.

    The rest are ok and they do belong in MK.

    Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya are the best of MK's "Depression Era"!

    You'll believe God is a woman.

  6. #6
    Tarkatan Warrior antwanboldin69@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    272
    Thanked: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    What was wrong w/ MK Trilogy?

    And I enjoyed them at the time, but really the past 4 games just werent too fun to play. I would be in konquest and when I ran into some fight challenge it would be a drag at times

    Anyone realize how hard it is to think of new characters?

    Over the years Ive come up w/ maybe 5 that would work
    Last edited by Jade; 03-13-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: double post

  7. #7
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    By the Hourglass.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,717
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Thanked: 355
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by antwanboldin69@yahoo.com View Post
    Anyone realize how hard it is to think of new characters?

    Over the years Ive come up w/ maybe 5 that would work
    True. That's why MK should have like 4 or less new characters each time they make a new game.

    You'll believe God is a woman.

  8. #8
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka2011 View Post
    Your Mortal Kombat Sense is akward...Have you been to the doctor?
    Are you implying MK vs DC is BETTER Then MKDA, MKD, And MKA?!?!?!?
    Yup.

    MKvsDC had a silly concept, but as a stand alone game, it rocked. If you ignore the story and the DC characters, it's quite entertaining and is/was a good base for future MK games.

    DA, Deception and Armageddon were awful games that shit all over the series. The stories were crap, the gameplay was crap, the designs were crap... It was all crap. MKvsDC had some fantastic gameplay, great character designs and was a lot of fun to play. You just have to see it as a failed concept with fantastic ideas that made it enjoyable.

  9. #9
    Tarkatan Warrior ZMONEY220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    277
    Twitter
    @ZMONEY220
    PSN
    ZMONEY10202
    Thanked: 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    Meat, Bo Rai Cho, Mokap, Kobra, Blaze, Jarek, Hotaru, Darrius, and Dairou are very irrelevant characters to MK because they are too generic when it came to moves and looks. I'd put Kira here too, but I like playing as her in MKU (I hope that she gets her original moveset if she'll ever return to MK again). Kobra is a rip-off of a Street Fighter character, Hotaru and Darrius belong in Final Fantasy, Dairou belongs in Dynasty Warriors. Meat and Bo Rai Cho are characters who are trying to be funny when they are not. Johnny Cage still has the spotlight of being the most comical of MK (and he's effin HOT). Maybe if Bo Rai Cho didn't fart nor puke so much in battle (especially since he is "Master" Bo Rai Cho), then I'd accept him as an MK character. Jarek isn't my type because he was a rip-off of Kano. In MKA, I liked how he had original moves but I still find him unecessary unless they give him a better story. Now Mokap? He needs to be original or he needs to go.

    For characters such as Blaze, Drahmin, and Moloch, they seem to be irrelevent bosses. Though, I'd rather have Drahmin over Meat. In fact, Blaze shouldn't be in MK. He should be in one of the Marvel Comics fighting the X-Men or in DC fighting Superman.

    For Frost, she needs longer hair. Not short and spiky. Her powers look cool but I hope that she isn't too difficult to play as in the future.

    The rest are ok and they do belong in MK.

    Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya are the best of MK's "Depression Era"!

    Blaze, Ermac and Skarlett(Ruby) are examples of game errors seen in earlier games thus, actually becoming characters
    --Blaze-- is very relevant he could have better story though. He is a elemental being created by the sorcerer Delia and one of my favs.
    If he wasn't playable but a NPC cameo boss character for a couple games until they cant get a movelist that fits him.

  10. #10
    Kombatant MKKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    249
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Mortal Kombat depression era started right after Ultimate MK 3 and it will finally end on April 19th 2011.

  11. #11
    Kombatant izmirnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    True. That's why MK should have like 4 or less new characters each time they make a new game.
    Agreed. Quality over quantity, man.

    Tanya, Frost and Nitara could be given good story developments, especially Tanya. I'm dying to know how she betrayed Edenia.

    I love Frost's short and spiky hair. It gives her a distinction. And she looks great with that hairstyle in her dress costume. D:

  12. #12
    Shaolin Monk orbofuncreation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Campobasso, Italy, Italy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,028
    Xbox Live
    OrbOfUncreation
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were piss poor.

    MKvsDC was when it started heading in the right direction... But still wasn't actually RIGHT.
    I agree on this, it's a good game by itself and better than the previous titles gameplay-wise.

  13. #13
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Yup.

    MKvsDC had a silly concept, but as a stand alone game, it rocked. If you ignore the story and the DC characters, it's quite entertaining and is/was a good base for future MK games.

    DA, Deception and Armageddon were awful games that shit all over the series. The stories were crap, the gameplay was crap, the designs were crap... It was all crap. MKvsDC had some fantastic gameplay, great character designs and was a lot of fun to play. You just have to see it as a failed concept with fantastic ideas that made it enjoyable.
    (Only thing running through head: "Lack of blood-Lack of blood-Lack of blood-Lack of blood")
    Your like the only person I know in this world who LIKES MK vs DC!
    But in arcade mode, not a chance to play it like I want. I have the game, but all the MK Characters are always at the DC Levels!

  14. #14
    Lin Kuei Assassin Eks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,823
    Xbox Live
    eksyte
    PSN
    eksyte
    Thanked: 103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    I disagree with your timeline. It lasted from about 2000 until March 8th 2011.
    ďThe problem is that I donít know what I want.
    Itís like pornography or the perfect turd;
    I can't quite describe it, but Iíll know it when I see it.Ē
    Trevor Phillips, GTA V

  15. #15
    Hollywood Superstar GEO9875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A place you aren't intererest to know.
    Posts
    894
    Xbox Live
    geo9861
    PSN
    geotheyo98
    Thanked: 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

    MKG Wasn't bad Imo. But Special Forces Is GarBltch

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which is your favorite Video Game Era?
    By GEO9875 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
  2. Check out my Mini 5" Dedicated Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Arcades
    By KornKombat in forum Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
  3. my new era of fakes
    By satinsoven in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 08:39 AM
  4. New Era of Entertainment
    By Rain Demon in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. Here Dawns a New Era
    By Jeff Greeson in forum TRMK's Front Page News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-1997, 11:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •