The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era

ZMONEY220

The Mortal kombat Depreesion Era or "The Era" was a 10 year period in time that occurred between the years 1999-2009.

A series of bad games was released in this era as a result of a step up to 3Dimensional
but to me MKDA, MKD and MKSM and MKA was my favorite games but i was really fond of MK8 and MKG and the worst of all MKSF!

One of the mistakes of this era was the Silly characters
  • Green - Good
  • Yellow- Fair
  • Red- Bad

Jarek was the start of Silly characters i've grown hatred of each day if only Ed boon was to get rid of him forever instead Chameleon(unsure if he is gone forever)

Hsu Hao I just hate him. he's ugly he lacks story, he should be with belokk, Nimbus Terrafaux and Zebron.

Shujinko Needs his own moves as Depicted in his MKD Ending with the rainbow fist. I dont want to see him again.. maybe a mention..

Daegon Lacks moves but has much potential i prefer him as a NPC. His counterpart Taven is way better. But since raiden is going back in time in the new game i dont think these 2 will ever enter the tournament. SOB

Nitara is sorta my fav because she is original. No other fighting game has put a Vampire in there rooster and what better game to put her than bloody Mortal kombat! she can use some more story though.

Shinnok is regarded as the "worst" Mortal Kombat boss of all time for a reason but if he is planned DLC for MK9 i wouldnt mind seeing him with better moves and Attire, I mean What if he ran into the Joker in MK8 ? He has a excellent story and is MK Worthy.

Reiko Good Story, Somewhat MK Worthy. He maybe known as the maroon Ninja without a mask or shao kahn's right hand or just shao kahn's D***-Sucker. To me he is a okay character. The way Taven described him in story mode sounds about right. He could use some new moves that fit that description and i do not want to see him in MK9 Unless he is a cameo

Drahmin He is a okay character, very MK Worthy cause he is a oni. The most of him i want to see in MK9 is his mask during story mode.

Frost I like that she is another piece of SECRETS OF THE LIN KUEI and subzero's past and for all we know she could be that sibling that Kui liang and Bihan left in america and MK Lacks PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTERS.

Mavdo Is a deff bad ass character. His attire is excellent and fits MK Perfectly

Havik Very evil and Unexpected. He is a good character to me cause he is loosely based off my other favorite character Noob saibot.

Every other character i didnt mentioned because there is so many i like but have no words.
Kenshi
Quan Chi
Sareena
Ashrah
Li mei
Kai
Meat
Kobra
Mokap
Moloch
Tanya
Onaga
Bo Rai cho
Darrius
Hotaru (somewhat)
Dairou
Monster
Taven!
Fujin

Games

Mortal kombat 1
Mortal kombat 2
Mortal kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal kombat 3
Mortal kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Mortal kombat 4
Mortal kombat Gold
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Please when you get the chance visit this post --> http://bit.ly/ewp6eQ

Last edited:
Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were piss poor.

MKvsDC was when it started heading in the right direction... But still wasn't actually RIGHT.

Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were piss poor.

MKvsDC was when it started heading in the right direction... But still wasn't actually RIGHT.

Your Mortal Kombat Sense is akward...Have you been to the doctor?
Are you implying MK vs DC is BETTER Then MKDA, MKD, And MKA?!?!?!?

Meat, Bo Rai Cho, Mokap, Kobra, Blaze, Jarek, Hotaru, Darrius, and Dairou are very irrelevant characters to MK because they are too generic when it came to moves and looks. I'd put Kira here too, but I like playing as her in MKU (I hope that she gets her original moveset if she'll ever return to MK again). Kobra is a rip-off of a Street Fighter character, Hotaru and Darrius belong in Final Fantasy, Dairou belongs in Dynasty Warriors. Meat and Bo Rai Cho are characters who are trying to be funny when they are not. Johnny Cage still has the spotlight of being the most comical of MK (and he's effin HOT). Maybe if Bo Rai Cho didn't fart nor puke so much in battle (especially since he is "Master" Bo Rai Cho), then I'd accept him as an MK character. Jarek isn't my type because he was a rip-off of Kano. In MKA, I liked how he had original moves but I still find him unecessary unless they give him a better story. Now Mokap? He needs to be original or he needs to go.

For characters such as Blaze, Drahmin, and Moloch, they seem to be irrelevent bosses. Though, I'd rather have Drahmin over Meat. In fact, Blaze shouldn't be in MK. He should be in one of the Marvel Comics fighting the X-Men or in DC fighting Superman.

For Frost, she needs longer hair. Not short and spiky. Her powers look cool but I hope that she isn't too difficult to play as in the future.

The rest are ok and they do belong in MK.

Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya are the best of MK's "Depression Era"!

What was wrong w/ MK Trilogy?

And I enjoyed them at the time, but really the past 4 games just werent too fun to play. I would be in konquest and when I ran into some fight challenge it would be a drag at times

Anyone realize how hard it is to think of new characters?

Over the years Ive come up w/ maybe 5 that would work

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Mortal Kombat Sense is akward...Have you been to the doctor?
Are you implying MK vs DC is BETTER Then MKDA, MKD, And MKA?!?!?!?

Yup.

MKvsDC had a silly concept, but as a stand alone game, it rocked. If you ignore the story and the DC characters, it's quite entertaining and is/was a good base for future MK games.

DA, Deception and Armageddon were awful games that shit all over the series. The stories were crap, the gameplay was crap, the designs were crap... It was all crap. MKvsDC had some fantastic gameplay, great character designs and was a lot of fun to play. You just have to see it as a failed concept with fantastic ideas that made it enjoyable.

Meat, Bo Rai Cho, Mokap, Kobra, Blaze, Jarek, Hotaru, Darrius, and Dairou are very irrelevant characters to MK because they are too generic when it came to moves and looks. I'd put Kira here too, but I like playing as her in MKU (I hope that she gets her original moveset if she'll ever return to MK again). Kobra is a rip-off of a Street Fighter character, Hotaru and Darrius belong in Final Fantasy, Dairou belongs in Dynasty Warriors. Meat and Bo Rai Cho are characters who are trying to be funny when they are not. Johnny Cage still has the spotlight of being the most comical of MK (and he's effin HOT). Maybe if Bo Rai Cho didn't fart nor puke so much in battle (especially since he is "Master" Bo Rai Cho), then I'd accept him as an MK character. Jarek isn't my type because he was a rip-off of Kano. In MKA, I liked how he had original moves but I still find him unecessary unless they give him a better story. Now Mokap? He needs to be original or he needs to go.

For characters such as Blaze, Drahmin, and Moloch, they seem to be irrelevent bosses. Though, I'd rather have Drahmin over Meat. In fact, Blaze shouldn't be in MK. He should be in one of the Marvel Comics fighting the X-Men or in DC fighting Superman.

For Frost, she needs longer hair. Not short and spiky. Her powers look cool but I hope that she isn't too difficult to play as in the future.

The rest are ok and they do belong in MK.

Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya are the best of MK's "Depression Era"!

Blaze, Ermac and Skarlett(Ruby) are examples of game errors seen in earlier games thus, actually becoming characters
--Blaze-- is very relevant he could have better story though. He is a elemental being created by the sorcerer Delia and one of my favs.
If he wasn't playable but a NPC cameo boss character for a couple games until they cant get a movelist that fits him.

Mortal Kombat depression era started right after Ultimate MK 3 and it will finally end on April 19th 2011.

True. That's why MK should have like 4 or less new characters each time they make a new game.

Agreed. Quality over quantity, man.

Tanya, Frost and Nitara could be given good story developments, especially Tanya. I'm dying to know how she betrayed Edenia.

I love Frost's short and spiky hair. It gives her a distinction. And she looks great with that hairstyle in her dress costume. D:

Yup.

MKvsDC had a silly concept, but as a stand alone game, it rocked. If you ignore the story and the DC characters, it's quite entertaining and is/was a good base for future MK games.

DA, Deception and Armageddon were awful games that shit all over the series. The stories were crap, the gameplay was crap, the designs were crap... It was all crap. MKvsDC had some fantastic gameplay, great character designs and was a lot of fun to play. You just have to see it as a failed concept with fantastic ideas that made it enjoyable.

(Only thing running through head: "Lack of blood-Lack of blood-Lack of blood-Lack of blood")
Your like the only person I know in this world who LIKES MK vs DC!
But in arcade mode, not a chance to play it like I want. I have the game, but all the MK Characters are always at the DC Levels!

I disagree with your timeline. It lasted from about 2000 until March 8th 2011. :biggrin: