COMPETITIVE PLAYER PLEA: Please allow multiple buttons for one function! (2 BLOCKS)

Four Wude

I'm using a TE stick and I haven't figured out a way to assign two block buttons. It would make execution a lot easier for both Enhanced moves and X-Rays. The layout I want to accomplish is:

Front Punch || Block || Back Punch
Front Kick || Block || Back Kick

By using this layout, it makes it easier for SSF4 players to transition to this game:

FP + FK: Throw
BP + BK: Tag
FK + BK: Stance
BL + FK + BK: X-Ray

The Enhanced moves become much easier because you have a Block button next to the punches and one next to the Kicks. Because TE sticks do not have a "middle" Block button like MK sticks, it's not intuitive to use 1 Block button for all of the Enhanced moves comfortably. Same goes for X-Rays. By having 2 Blocks, you can comfortably use Enhanced specials and activate X-Rays using the bottom 3 buttons.

I URGE BOON TO PLEASE ALLOW THIS IN THE FINAL GAME! IT IS AN EFFORTLESS FIX AND WILL MAKE IT A LOT EASIER FOR SSF4 PLAYERS TO TRANSITION!

Last edited:
Re: Is there a way to assign 2 Block buttons?

Doesn't seem like you can. Looks like you have to have a button for throwing as well.

Re: Is there a way to assign 2 Block buttons?

Nah, you can throw by just pressing FP + FK. Stance switching is handled with FK + BK. Tagging I believe is BP + BK. This layout is perfect for a TE because by having 2 Block buttons, it makes using Enhanced moves very easy similar to SF4, and you can accomplish X-Rays by hitting the bottom 3 buttons. I hope they fix this in the final build. I tweeted Boon about it but he hasn't responded.

If one of the admins here knows how to reach Ed Boon, could you please forward this request to him? It'll help a lot of SSF4 competitive players to transition easier to this game, since we're used to a 6 button layout.

Last edited:
I understand your issues, but I think you should just adapt to the MK layout. I mean what about Tekken players? Should block be removed entirely to make them more comfortable? Should there be only four buttons to cater to Soul Calibur players?

It's not all that difficult to adjust.

The difference is that this wouldn't involve reworking the game engine to any degree. Every current Capcom fighter allows this. It's a simple fix that helps cater to more demographics.

We're actually planning to have this game installed at an arcade which will only use the 6 button TE layout. That is why I'm requesting this to be implemented. It's not NECESSARY but it would make a lot more sense when you think about it practically.

Actually, I used the SSFIV TE yesterday, and surprisingly, since I was used to the 6 button layout, it worked for me. 4 attack buttons on the left, and grab and throw on the right. I still prefer the MK-Layout though.

But I do agree with the 2 block buttons in the middle, this way you train yourself to press two buttons for grab. And the 3 for X-Ray.

Hate all these SF fans who can't adapt to MK, MK fans can adapt to SF... play n you'll get use to it.