MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

All the anticipation, all the frustration, the feuds with PSN users, the hopes. It's all pretty funny when you look back at it now. It was a good run, a bit tough but we pulled through and here we are. Full game is out. C ya online my fellow MKers :)

Indeedy, added my gtag to my profile so feel free to add me peeps, just say you're from TRMK, won't have my copy until Thursday anyways and on Thursday they're doing free gold access for the weekend, jackpot until I have the money to get a sub sorted for a year! Can't wait to get my ass handed to me online, King Of The Hill is gonna make sucking fun.

Edit: Figured I'd throw this in here, IGN did a review of MK, won't spoil what score it got in case anyone here reads IGN reviews but suffice it to say, a lot of people are raging at the review.

Last edited:
I'd personally love to hear the thoughts of 360 gamers who are just now playing the game for the first time. Aren't you glad there was no demo now? ... a little?

I won't have it until Thursday but I can predict how the morning will go. Be outside Gamestop at 9am, home with game in xbox, cup of tea, possibly a breakfast roll and my feet up, all by 9:30am, ready to play. Not sure if I'll be going online instantly or if I'll do a bit or vs with siblings (if they are up) or if I'll jump into story/arcade/challenge. I got a taste of the demo on PS3 and while the wait makes it sweeter, xbox users still lost out on certain opportunities such as testing out the controls with the xbox dpad, is it playable or not etc. which reminds me, how does it work out? Is it playable? Good? Bad? Thumbstick work better than dpad?

Indeedy, added my gtag to my profile so feel free to add me peeps, just say you're from TRMK, won't have my copy until Thursday anyways and on Thursday they're doing free gold access for the weekend, jackpot until I have the money to get a sub sorted for a year! Can't wait to get my ass handed to me online, King Of The Hill is gonna make sucking fun.

Edit: Figured I'd throw this in here, IGN did a review of MK, won't spoil what score it got in case anyone here reads IGN reviews but suffice it to say, a lot of people are raging at the review.

What..? The score they gave was really really good considering the game is a reboot and IGN has never been too fantastic at rating in the past anyways.

EDIT: If you mean the individual scoring system - try to keep in mind that MK is not a game based on balancing, and not a story to be taken book-worthy. It isn't MEANT for those things. Single Player is *supposed* to be ridiculously tough in some cases, and the story is built around the fighting - not the other way around.

@ Tedakin

I'm gonna answer your question about how I personally feel as a 360 owner about not getting a demo, so listen closely.......... Am I now glad we didn't get a demo ???

HELL NAW I'M NOT HAPPY WE DIDN'T GET A DEMO GENIUS !!!

I hope my answer describes how @ssanine I feel your question is in a non-disrespectful way. Just my opinion. I don't really feel it's necessary to explain my comment, it should speak for itself. I'm not "a little" happy as you put it, but I am alot mad. But the game is out so we are moving on.

But I still think we are owed an explanation for why we got screwed. The fact that no one in charge is addressing this important question that is on the monds of alot of 360 owners is a significant public relations fail for microsoft and netherrealm, but they are too stupid to realize it at this point.

What..? The score they gave was really really good considering the game is a reboot and IGN has never been too fantastic at rating in the past anyways.

EDIT: If you mean the individual scoring system - try to keep in mind that MK is not a game based on balancing, and not a story to be taken book-worthy. It isn't MEANT for those things. Single Player is *supposed* to be ridiculously tough in some cases, and the story is built around the fighting - not the other way around.

It wasn't about the score, just the way the review was written and the fact that the person who reviewed it is known for not liking fighters. I haven't seen the video review yet (ISP issues that won't be fixed until tomorrow) but I've read a lot of peoples complaints about the reviewer getting details wrong such as peoples names etc. I know it's a roster of 26 but by this stage the characters are diverse enough not to mix them up. The review means nothing to me anyway, I'll be getting my copy regardless of what a review says.

Edit: Just saw this link, want to avoid double posting. Could be linked to us not getting a demo pre-release.

That said I think IGN has been going down the tubes for a good while now. I used to read their previews and watch their videos but ever since they did their site change a couple of months ago that makes it much harder to look for content I really just haven't bothered. It's not that I'm lazy or anything like that, it's more that if they actively made it harder to look for specific content then I just can't be bothered.

Last edited:
@ Tedakin

I'm gonna answer your question about how I personally feel as a 360 owner about not getting a demo, so listen closely.......... Am I now glad we didn't get a demo ???

HELL NAW I'M NOT HAPPY WE DIDN'T GET A DEMO GENIUS !!!

I hope my answer describes how @ssanine I feel your question is in a non-disrespectful way. Just my opinion. I don't really feel it's necessary to explain my comment, it should speak for itself. I'm not "a little" happy as you put it, but I am alot mad. But the game is out so we are moving on.

But I still think we are owed an explanation for why we got screwed. The fact that no one in charge is addressing this important question that is on the monds of alot of 360 owners is a significant public relations fail for microsoft and netherrealm, but they are too stupid to realize it at this point.

It's not an "important" question. It's a focking DEMO for a video game. It's not a world moving event. :)

IGN has always been bad. Their track record is more than a little disgusting.

For me it wasn't that I went there for quality of the content, it's just the fact that I liked a couple of their team members, they just seem like they truly feel joy at being able to write (not the best writing from some of em) about a subject that they love. The rest of the team seem like they couldn't give a damn about it, they'd throw out anything and to hell with anyone that disagrees. Plus the top 10 kills of the week for Halo and CoD usually had a few humourous ones thrown in, always nice to see a guy single handedly wipe out the rest of his team in Halo when all he is trying to do is powerslide to them in a jeep and instead ends up hitting and killing them.

@Tedakin. Yes and No.

Yes, I'm kind of glad I didn't play a demo but *only* as I would have trained myself on the controller instead of the stick. This way I've learned the game on the stick and will do great with it, whereas if I had about a month on the controller and got my TE...well I'd be more tempted to not use the stick more than likely. Only downfall of the stick so far in playing the game is RSI after awhile in my wrist and muscle strain on my forearm. Otherwise it's perfect.

No, I'm not glad for the reason that this was/is a highly anticipated game by everyone that posts on the fan sites. It's akin to not getting a demo of a shooter or any other game a person really wants to play and another console having dibs on it. We want to play it and it's a tease to not have been able to due to some exclusivity deal. Can't think of a demo before this that had a console exclusive that was a multiplatform game. This should never be done with demos, as demos exist for sales, otherwise there is no reason for a company to even produce one.

And as an aside for all those PS users that were not so nice in how they spoke of XBL itself and paying for the service...must be fun not getting on PSN right now, especially for a long weekend and release week of MK 2011 hmm? ;)

Sorry, that was rude of me and I tend to avoid console fanboy wars, but I feel I'm allowed to get my jabs in return for those that like to gloat on their "superior" console, when neither are since they play the software the same way. Besides, I'm sure it will be up before the weekend.

So is there any word of a 360 demo going up? I bet there are people that are interested in the new MK, but would rather be able to try it out first before dropping $60 on a game. The loss in sales is probably more than made up for by the big bag of cash Sony gave Warner Brothers to make the demo an exclusive though.

It was real smart to give Sony the exclusive stuff. You know, 'cause they can play online right now x) Sorry that was uncalled for. Just being a dork.

They'll release a demo eventually.

Guys, I have a feeling the demo may come out tomorrow. I remember reading some random tweet and also some obscure IGN article that said it's definitely coming out 5/5/11.

Well, after all the talking and complaining the Xbox 360 users never did get the demo, now i just hope that we get the DLC same time as the PS3, because exclusivity for Sony there would seriously suck for us Xbox 360 players, that would be much worse than the lack of demo.

What pizzes me off about Boon/NRS is that to this day they still have never given an explanation as to why ? They think they can just act like this wasn't a major fail that ticked off lot's of 360 owners. I'm holding a grudge against Boon for this very reason.