MK2011 Xbox 360 demo discussion

Re: MK2011 Xbox 360 demo (when?)

Well, if it is next week, it will be the 15th.

Xbox Live only updates with new game content on Wednesday evenings, right?

Wow,
Would you guys like some cheese to go with your whine? LMAO. Chill w/ the Nazi references, please. X-Box is getting Mortal Kombat 2011, period. You're not missing out on a lot not having the demo. Is it fun to play it? Kinda. The demo is a VERY dated build and plays as such. About the only thing it does is make you wish you had the full game in your hands so you could play the real deal. The demo is bittersweet. You get an itty bitty tiny taste of some delicious cake and then are told you still have to wait to dig in.

X-Box has enjoyed all of the attention for years from game developers and third party publishers. X-Box gets exclusive rights to things such as CoD map packs, exclusive GTA missions, DLC, and some very nice 3rd party games period. Mass Effect anyone? It just so happens that YOUR favorite game that is launching is being shown love on the Sony console. So ****ing what? You will STILL get the game. It will still come out the same day as the PS3 version. There will be all the same bloodshed and bad-assery that the PS3 version has. The only difference is an exclusive character and an early demo release to paying PSN members. Whoopty ****ing do. Seriously, you have nothing to ***** about except just to *****. So chill, enjoy the anticipation, and be excited this game WILL be a big hit and a treat no matter what console you own. Only difference will be the PS3 version will be better. HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously... enjoy the wait...it'll be over before you know it!

LOL, you can be such a dick at times bro :p. But I agree with what you said, and this is coming from a 360 owner. I used to be like these people whining and complaining, but now Ive realized that its because of Microsoft's focus this is happening, and because of the type of system we own, more than anything else. The 360 will and always will be a shooter ruled console. Also, Microsoft spends money for exclusives from big name franchises which MK and the fighting game genre itself havent been on the 360. So if youre gonna blame someone, dont blame NRS, blame yourself for having the console thats somewhat not meant for fighting games. If not, then quit your *****ing and put up with it like I am.

I'm really a nice guy. I swear I am!!! lol

haha sometimes when you gotta throw down, you gotta throw down. I agree with you though since this isn't Boons fault at all, WB picking up the franchise was the best thing that has happened to it in years and each system gets their turn with different games. It was just ps3's turn this time and I don't even own a ps3.

I don't think either console should get exclusives unless that game is strictly exclusive to that console. Things should always be fair, on both sides. Anyone who justifies this late demo on 360 just because we have gotten things in the past, is just as wrong as the companies who set up this stuff in the first place. I can understand PS+ getting it sooner, but on the 15th it should be released on both consoles at the same time. There is no denying that NRS and/or WB has a giant boner for PS3 and is giving 360 owners the shaft.

Waiting to get the demo doesn't bother me much, because it's not the full game, but it's the principle that matters. This is supposed to be a fan service, and I don't see how giving half of your consumers the shaft is a very good service. It's not whining, it's pointing out cold hard facts.

Have an ice day. ;)

I don't think either console should get exclusives unless that game is strictly exclusive to that console. Things should always be fair, on both sides. Anyone who justifies this late demo on 360 just because we have gotten things in the past, is just as wrong as the companies who set up this stuff in the first place. I can understand PS+ getting it sooner, but on the 15th it should be released on both consoles at the same time. There is no denying that NRS and/or WB has a giant boner for PS3 and is giving 360 owners the shaft.

Waiting to get the demo doesn't bother me much, because it's not the full game, but it's the principle that matters. This is supposed to be a fan service, and I don't see how giving half of your consumers the shaft is a very good service. It's not whining, it's pointing out cold hard facts.

Have an ice day. ;)

While I dont disagree the reality is nothing in life is fair regardless how simple or complex it is.

Have an ice day. ;)

^^^This guy ftw. Nice reference at the end ;)

Wow i did not expected so much comments and debate over this post, but i want to make clear that even if the demo is released much later than the PS3 one, or even not at all, i WILL buy this game on Day 1, and will not think any less of Ed Boon or NRS, and really my whining boils down to me being the most impatient person on earth, and not being able to quietly wait for April :) So, if the demo is released, great, but if not then i'm still getting the full game no matter what. My only hope is that Sony doesn't enforce their, shall we say, "selective exclusivity" on bigger matters, like Patches, or major DLC like Storyline relevant characters, stages, game modes, gameplay balances, etc, because that really would really suck for us Xbox 360 users, but as long it's only applied to small potatoes like demos or non-canon n00bs like Kratos (j/k by the way, don't get offended any GOW fans here :)) it's fine with me. Still, being impatient as all hell, i hope the demo for X360 is released sometime SOOON!!! :)

Mk team is just giving an exclusive time period for SONY. I'm pretty sure they have an agreement to have MK first so they first did te exclusive for PSN+ and now PSN members. I'm confident Xbox(us) gets it the week after or hopefully just days.

To tell you the truth i woulndn't mind it if the xbox demo came out on the 1st of april, I just would like a set date so i know which morning to wake up at 5 ; ). is that to much to ask for ?

Well, Ed tweeted this recently:

"Any word on an Xbox 360 demo? Noobde: Not at THIS moment."

Wow,
Would you guys like some cheese to go with your whine? LMAO. Chill w/ the Nazi references, please. X-Box is getting Mortal Kombat 2011, period. You're not missing out on a lot not having the demo. Is it fun to play it? Kinda. The demo is a VERY dated build and plays as such. About the only thing it does is make you wish you had the full game in your hands so you could play the real deal. The demo is bittersweet. You get an itty bitty tiny taste of some delicious cake and then are told you still have to wait to dig in.

X-Box has enjoyed all of the attention for years from game developers and third party publishers. X-Box gets exclusive rights to things such as CoD map packs, exclusive GTA missions, DLC, and some very nice 3rd party games period. Mass Effect anyone? It just so happens that YOUR favorite game that is launching is being shown love on the Sony console. So ****ing what? You will STILL get the game. It will still come out the same day as the PS3 version. There will be all the same bloodshed and bad-assery that the PS3 version has. The only difference is an exclusive character and an early demo release to paying PSN members. Whoopty ****ing do. Seriously, you have nothing to ***** about except just to *****. So chill, enjoy the anticipation, and be excited this game WILL be a big hit and a treat no matter what console you own. Only difference will be the PS3 version will be better. HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously... enjoy the wait...it'll be over before you know it!

wow. awesome

I hope the deal handshake spread STD's game should be the same PS3 Kratos GOW XBOX 360 Marcus GOW Hans Lo did say that someone uses a chainsaw

The demo isn't even that amazing so you aren't missing out on much. Only 4 characters and some things they will hopefully have tweeked on the full version (like the low music).