Metal vs Nu metal

Now i'm not trying to convince people that one is better than the other i just want to know out of the two which do you prefer & why. Personally i don't like Nu metal simply because i'm more into the whole guitar solos & because i always get this hate towards the music i like that its too old fashioned. Anyways what do you guys think?

I prefer regular Metal because Nu Metal usually doesn't have fast tempos which the Metal I listen to does, Nu Metal is okay though.

Nu Metal all the way. There's nothing particularly wrong with regular metal, but Nu Metal has more of a rhythm and groove to it. And Nu Metal usually has more distorted guitars that sound heavier. Listen to some Korn if you want good Nu Metal.

Nu Metal all the way. There's nothing particularly wrong with regular metal, but Nu Metal has more of a rhythm and groove to it. And Nu Metal usually has more distorted guitars that sound heavier. Listen to some Korn if you want good Nu Metal.

Disturbed is also a really good example.

As is Ill Nino

Most bands that classify themselves as metal today are just screaming into the ****ing mic trying to be Pantera

(Pantera is amazing though)
Every genre has its good and bad artists and songs...

Not all bands are like that today actually bro.
Most of the bigger ones are, yes. But if you look underground you'll find the gems.
As a matter of fact, one of my favorite bands can prove my point.
I have to side with metal on this one. Nu-metal may have the heavier distorted guitars, but I just don't like the vocal or lyric style.

metal>>>nu metal

not saying nu metal is bad
just that metal is better
you gotta remember metal has ALL the amazing classic bands (slayer,metallica,obituary, death, autopsy and megadeth)
nu metal just has a couple decent bands like slipknot, disturbed, korn etc. (also note i said DECENT)

I like them both, but I tend to listen to them at different times. I usually listen to older metal when I'm just chillin at home hanging out and nu metal when I'm working out or hyped up.

I like them both, but I tend to listen to them at different times. I usually listen to older metal when I'm just chillin at home hanging out and nu metal when I'm working out or hyped up.

Well i get hyped up with thrash, the only problem with nu metal is that they try to rap over metal they usually have no solos in there songs and they play some funky baselines like if it were some 80s pop music. But most of my family likes nu metal and when i try to show them a band i like or play a song i like their all like oh your old fashioned play some new stuff im like wtf.

I know what you're saying, I like A7X and Disturbed to name a couple mostly because I like their guitar since I play guitar myself. But, I also like the original guys like Dio and Van Halen. I find that the older metal has better fusion and overall lyrics. As far as insulting the "old fashioned" metal, thats blasphemy in my book.

I think both of you need a few more bands to listen to.
Give Conducting From the Grave and some The World We knew a shot.
I'm sure you'll both be pleasantly surprised.

People still listen to nu-metal? I remember discussions like these 10 years ago, didn't know it's still a topic of interest. My preference has always has been metal over nu-metal. If I want hard grooves and rhymes, there's better genres to find them in than a bastardized one.

But...
Every genre has its good and bad artists and songs...
Exactly.

Last edited:
Like Deathcore, nu-metal will always have two sides to it.(To me.)
Annoying shitty untalented bands that get more attention than they deserve, and the great bands that no one seems to know or care about.
Though I haven't found a good nu-metal band yet...

I like old metal. But nu metal is the shit. If your a fan of Nu metal I recommended 40 Below Summer, American Head Charge,Nothing Face,Pressure 4-5 ,and flaw.

I honestly can not come up with a good enough insult for you right now.
Try again in 10 minutes and I'll try and make you cry. Sound good?
Good.

Come%2BAt%2BMe%2BBro%2B-%2B%2BDiglett.jpg