Metal vs Nu metal

Like Deathcore, nu-metal will always have two sides to it.(To me.)
Annoying shitty untalented bands that get more attention than they deserve, and the great bands that no one seems to know or care about.
Though I haven't found a good nu-metal band yet...

Deathcore has good bands?

Godsmack kicks ass. A lot of people like to say they rip off other bands like Alice in Chains and stuff, but I say F THAT, they're a great band.

Godsmack kicks ass. A lot of people like to say they rip off other bands like Alice in Chains and stuff, but I say F THAT, they're a great band.

Sully actually was inspired by Alice in Chains, but they sound much different.

My favorite AiC song is A Little Bitter

RIP Layne

People still listen to nu-metal? I remember discussions like these 10 years ago, didn't know it's still a topic of interest.

That was my response to seeing this thread.

I was into nu-metal back in high school, like a lot of people, but I just kinda grew out of it, like a lot of people. That was my introduction to music, and I literally had no standards back then. I'd buy CDs of anything that was even remotely heavy.

I'd still say that a number of those bands have some good songs, but that's just it. Good songs, but generally poor albums in a boring style with a ton of filler. Consider Slipknot; I was a huge fan of them, yet their self-titled album was awful, save a few good songs.

I was into nu-metal back in high school, like a lot of people, but I just kinda grew out of it, like a lot of people. That was my introduction to music, and I literally had no standards back then. I'd buy CDs of anything that was even remotely heavy.

I'd still say that a number of those bands have some good songs, but that's just it. Good songs, but generally poor albums in a boring style with a ton of filler. Consider Slipknot; I was a huge fan of them, yet their self-titled album was awful, save a few good songs.

Disturbed is good nu-metal.

The Sickness was about the only album that had good songs throughout, though.
Every album they have has at least a few good songs.

What do you guys think is the best Metallica song?

Quite a few actually!
Conducting from the Grave, Sea of Treachery, Abigail Williams, The Faceless, Killwhitneydead., Molotov Solution, and quite a few more.

Wow! youv'e got some fine taste my friend. KIllwhitneydead, The Faceless, and Abigail Willaims are definitely my top favorite bands.
I was fortunate enough to see them all live. Out of the three i would say the Faceless was the best. I assume you've heard of the band the Demonstration? I don't know if they still do but they use to have all the same members from Killwhitneydead, they put on an amazing show.

Quite a few actually!
Conducting from the Grave, Sea of Treachery, Abigail Williams, The Faceless, Killwhitneydead., Molotov Solution, and quite a few more.

I didn't care for any of those bands. I just really don't like core bands at all. I can tolerate a little bit of death metal like At the Gates, Death, and Carcass but I generally don't like harsh vocals and especially not breakdowns.

Well i'm sorry if you didn't find this thread interesting but its better than most of the threads out there IMO. I really don't listen to any of the new metal bands from today whether they are underground or mainstream i just don't find them interesting, i like all the oldschool stuff from 70s metal era to 80s thrash metal. With that said i wouldn't know which metallica song is the best as everyone likes different songs from them, but any song from the KILL EM' ALL album or RIDE THE LIGHTING album are good Hit the liiigghhtss !!!

I was just surprised by it, I'm not slagging you for starting the thread or saying you have no right to start it.

Wow! youv'e got some fine taste my friend. KIllwhitneydead, The Faceless, and Abigail Willaims are definitely my top favorite bands.
I was fortunate enough to see them all live. Out of the three i would say the Faceless was the best. I assume you've heard of the band the Demonstration? I don't know if they still do but they use to have all the same members from Killwhitneydead, they put on an amazing show.
I think there have been a quite a few member changes. Just as there always will be with that band. Have you heard their Bad Romance cover?
And glammetal, that's extremely closed minded. I doubt you even listened to The Faceless and Abigail Williams because they don't even have breakdowns but okay.

I think there have been a quite a few member changes. Just as there always will be with that band. Have you heard their Bad Romance cover?
And glammetal, that's extremely closed minded. I doubt you even listened to The Faceless and Abigail Williams because they don't even have breakdowns but okay.

I actually looked up all those bands and like I said before I don't really enjoy harsh vocals which those bands do. I'm actually not close minded, see I listen to all sorts of music from The Cars to Motley Crue, Circ, Destruction, Midnight Star, and My Dying Bride. But thanks for assuming that since I don't like the bands you like that I'm close minded.

I actually looked up all those bands and like I said before I don't really enjoy harsh vocals which those bands do. I'm actually not close minded, see I listen to all sorts of music from The Cars to Motley Crue, Circ, Destruction, Midnight Star, and My Dying Bride. But thanks for assuming that since I don't like the bands you like that I'm close minded.

It wasn't about not liking them.
It was for the reasons you gave like "oh I don't like core bands, breakdowns, blah blah blah".