Favorite Sports Teams

Mainly because I have reason to believe that the SEC has been getting favorable treatment through the BCS system (a system I hate to begin with).

I understand you're a little upset that the SEC has won the last 5 national championships. It's okay. =)

Pro hockey - San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets, Philadelphia Flyers, Calgary Flames

Pro (American) football - San Diego Chargers , Cleveland Browns
College (American) football - Michigan State Spartans, Ohio State Buckeyes

Pro basketball - Miami Heat, New Orleans Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors
College basketball - Michigan State Spartans, Ohio State Buckeyes

MLS soccer - Columbus Crew
International soccer - Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Arsenal

I don't like any baseball at all, but I hate the Yankees and the Phillies and I like seeing highlights

I understand you're a little upset that the SEC has won the last 5 national championships.

It's not the fact that those SEC teams won the BCS title game that pisses me off, but rather it's how they got there, and how they got there basically amounts to a glass ceiling that is the BCS. For instance, Hawaii goes undefeated in 2007 (the only undefeated team in FBS, mind you) and a 2-loss LSU goes in ahead of them. Auburn wasn't even in the Top 10 to start the season, and they get ahead of TCU, who started the season at or near the top-5. Or how about 1-loss Florida ahead of undefeated Boise State in 2006? Okay, there was that log jam in 2009 involving Alabama, Texas, Boise State, and TCU.

It looks like there's favoritism towards the SEC in the BCS system! And what's so special about Division I FBS that it is the ONLY sports establishment that does NOT crown their champion through a playoff system? At least a playoff system is a more fair and balanced way to crown a champion.

Okay, is that a misprint, or did you say you liked both the Giants and the Dodgers? That's like oil and water right there.

I nearly crapped out my eyes when I saw that.

I'm a Dodger fan and thusly can't stand the Giants. I don't follow any other sports right now.

Okay, is that a misprint, or did you say you liked both the Giants and the Dodgers? That's like oil and water right there.

I like both teams for their history. . I grew up in LA so I root for the Dodgers. And I rooted for the Giants to win the world series. :p

Pro football: The NO Saints.

Pro Basketball: The Spurs.

College Football: Texas Tech

College basketball: Baylor

Mexican Soccer league(Soccer): Chivas.

I like both teams for their history. . I grew up in LA so I root for the Dodgers. And I rooted for the Giants to win the world series. :p

Well, the histories of both teams involves a rivalry that stretches as far back as the 1890s (at least). This rivalry actually made headlines on opening day this year when a couple of Dodgers fans beat the crap out of a Giants fan in the Dodger Stadium parking lot that left the Giants fan in a medically-induced coma.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but for me, it goes against everything I stand for to pick a team and then actively root for their rivals, unless I happen to view one of those rivals as the lesser of the two evils (as was the case in Super Bowl XLII when I rooted for the Giants over New England), or if my team actually needs a win from that particular team to gain a favorable playoff spot.

A "stereotypical Eagles fan" is basically your typical a-hole fan. I know every sports fanbase has those types of fans somewhere, but the Eagles fanbase is one of them that actually has a reputation for fan misconduct. The incident that gets the most publicity is the one where fans in Philadelphia booed Santa Claus off the field at Halftime during a 1968 game. There was also Bounty Bowl II (a game where fans threw battery-filled snowballs at opposing players and coaches during a game against the Dallas Cowboys in 1989, but some of those snowballs even ended up hitting the CBS broadcast booth, as well as Philly's own players), a riot on a nationally televised MNF game that led to a prison being installed in the stadium, and an incident where Eagles fans celebrated when Michael Irvin got injured (as it turns out, that injury ended Irvin's career).

Nah, I'm not a douchebag. I cheer but don't get ignorant about things.....except when the Red Wings lose, I then pound stuff =)

NFL: St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, and Cleveland Browns.

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals

NBA: I dunno I would have to say the Bulls, don't watch basketball cause watching it pisses me off.

College Sports: Texas Longhorns.

NHL: St. Louis Blues. Liked the Ducks when I was a kid because of those movies.

Last edited:
Calgary flames
Green bay packers
Toronto blue jays
Chicago bulls
Manchester united (soccer/football)

NHL:
Detroit Redwings
New Jersey Devils
Oh...and f*ck the Rangers. lol

NFL:
Tennessee Titans
Minnesota Vikings
Miami Dolphins

NBA:
Miami Heat
Chicago Bulls(1995)

NFL:
Pittsburgh Steelers
Detroit Lions (watching Barry Sanders was my favorite part of Thanksgiving for years, plus the Dick LeBeau connection)

NHL:
Pittsburgh Penguins
Also if you weren't a little misty when they announced the Winnipeg Jets were coming back then you have no soul as a hockey fan.

MLB:
Pittsburgh Pirates

MLS:
LA Galaxy (yeah, kind of bandwagon on that one, but in my defense it was before Beckham)

I always find it weird when people have multiple favourite teams in one sport.

I support a few teams but they aren't my favourite. Only the ones I listed are my favs <3

*shrug*