The Hardcore Punk thread.

yea, my bad. the only album I have of their original style is Technocracy. I prefer their later stuff. But I still like both.

Fans from their crossover thrash days really seem to hate 90's C.O.C.

Well they totally changed once they added that "Pepper" guy. They kinda turned to like Sludgey Metalish Rock.

I love their old stuff. I can listen to their newer stuff

This is what you get when Blood for Blood crossed over. I like their CD "Kill a Celebrity", alot of real old schoolers DON'T.

This is what you get when Blood for Blood crossed over. I like their CD "Kill a Celebrity", alot of real old schoolers DON'T.

I consider my self more of a old-school guy when it comes to hardcore and I LOVE Ramallah. Even Kill a Celebrity, though I prefer But a Whimper.

COC is awesome too. They just played Maryland Death Fest. Did anyone go to that?

That's awesome, I'm jealous. Yeah I heard they were playing Boston/New York so I hope that's true.

I've heard of Argy Bargy, but never listened. Definitely will check them out. Knuckledust is sick too, good band.

Most UK hardcore bands are nice. Hard but still got that groove in them. No simple and boring beatdown stuff.
All of them are good lads aswell. Always great to hang out with them at shows or at football (always meet up with the drummer of knuckledust at football)

Love Ramallah aswell. Great lyrics.

I consider my self more of a old-school guy when it comes to hardcore and I LOVE Ramallah. Even Kill a Celebrity, though I prefer But a Whimper.

COC is awesome too. They just played Maryland Death Fest. Did anyone go to that?
Don't take this the wrong way but your not oldschool, your only 19, your not old enough to be. If you were listening to Hardocore in 1983 then your oldschool. These dudes are like 40 years old now. I'm 26 and I'm even to young to consider myself oldschool.

lol can someone tell me the difference from punks & gothics? im quite confused :?

38463_10150231651645117_660615116_13688047_7481902_n.jpg

^ A little something I drew a few years ago. :p

Goth is kind of an offshoot of EARLY punk rock and became it's own thing in the 80's with music commonly called "post-punk" which was like a less poppy/dumb version of New Wave. The biggest difference I've come to notice throughout my years of being into alternative-culture is that punk rock's frustration stems from the outside world, a goth is more self loathing and introspective. Also, punk rockers are really closer to hip hop if anything. They hang out in bad neighborhoods, drink 40 oz malt liquor, carry knives and hopefully don't run in "crews" or gangs. Goth people dance to industrial music or "darkwave" these days and are generally more nerdy. You're not likely to walk in on a group of punk rockers playing Dungeons and Dragons.

This is just the bare essentials of each. There's a 1,000 offshoots and sects of each.

38463_10150231651645117_660615116_13688047_7481902_n.jpg

^ A little something I drew a few years ago. :p

Goth is kind of an offshoot of EARLY punk rock and became it's own thing in the 80's with music commonly called "post-punk" which was like a less poppy/dumb version of New Wave. The biggest difference I've come to notice throughout my years of being into alternative-culture is that punk rock's frustration stems from the outside world, a goth is more self loathing and introspective. Also, punk rockers are really closer to hip hop if anything. They hang out in bad neighborhoods, drink 40 oz malt liquor, carry knives and hopefully don't run in "crews" or gangs. Goth people dance to industrial music or "darkwave" these days and are generally more nerdy. You're not likely to walk in on a group of punk rockers playing Dungeons and Dragons.

This is just the bare essentials of each. There's a 1,000 offshoots and sects of each.

Punks don't wear eyeliner