Johnny Cage / Sub-Zero Moves

DCP

You Got Caged!!
Just thought I'd post up some moves and combos for JC and Sub.

**Credit for Sub moves go to my friend, Ru Rock**

Sub-Zero

Ice Ball: Down, Forward + x

Ground Freeze: Down, Back + x

Ice Clone: Down, Back + Square

Ice Slide: Forward, Back + O

Ice Sword Slash (3-hit combo) Triangle, Triangle, Triangle

Combo 1: Square, Square

Combo 2: Triangle, Square, Triangle

Combo 3: Back+Triangle, Square, Triangle

Combo 4: Back+ Triangle, Square, Circle

Johnny Cage

Forceball (Low): Down, Forward + Triangle

Forceball (High): Down, Back + Triangle

Shadow Kick: Back, Forward + O

Shadow Flip Kick: Down, Back + x

Nut Punch: Back, Down + Square

Combo 1: Square, Square, Square

Combo 2: Forward+x, x, x, x

DCP's Sample Juggle 1: Back+x (Launch Move), Square, Square, Square, Low Forceball

DCP's Sample Juggle 2: Forward+O, Forward+x, x, x, x, Flip Kick, Enhanced Shadow Kick

DCP's Sample Juggle 3: Back+x, Square, Square, Square, Forward + Triangle, Triangle, (Dash) Enhanced Flip Kick, Shadow Kick

**Remember almost all (at least 3) special moves can be "Enhanced". This is done by pressing R2 plus the combination required to perform these moves. For example Sub-zero's Ice Ball can be enhanced into an Ice Beam by pressing Down, Forward + x + R2**

Hope I helped a little and made it easier to start off on the right foot when the demo comes out :)

Last edited:
Sooo...Sub-Zero's ice clone. I still can't tell, is it the one from MKvDC where he covers himself completely? or the other one since UMK3?

Thanks for the update, did have a chance to find out what button(s) you had to press in order to perform the X-Ray move of both johnny Cage and Sub-Zero.

Sooo...Sub-Zero's ice clone. I still can't tell, is it the one from MKvDC where he covers himself completely? or the other one since UMK3?

It's the one from UMK3 man.

Thanks for the update, did have a chance to find out what button(s) you had to press in order to perform the X-Ray move of both johnny Cage and Sub-Zero.

X-ray's are performed by pressing L2 + R2, and it's the same for everyone.

Hey DCP, I have a question if you wouldn't mind man. Anyways I know you said that X-Ray is R2, and L2..... but I guess I'm trying to figure out something for the new TE stick.

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat...1Q2I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1299512478&sr=8-4

Looking at the layout on the stick I am wondering how X-Rays will work. I mean they have two buttons up there near the guide button(L2, and R1), but was L2 like a throw button? Because where the RUN button would be on a UMK3 cab.. is just L1... So what did L1 do when you played the demo? And could you do an X-Ray with like L1 + R2?

Thanks in advance man!

Hey DCP, I have a question as well ;)
Were you able to perform the Pit stage fatality? If I remember correctly, you didn't know how to perform the Living Forest one, but what about the Pit?

Thx!

Hey DCP, I have a question if you wouldn't mind man. Anyways I know you said that X-Ray is R2, and L2..... but I guess I'm trying to figure out something for the new TE stick.

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat...1Q2I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1299512478&sr=8-4

Looking at the layout on the stick I am wondering how X-Rays will work. I mean they have two buttons up there near the guide button(L2, and R1), but was L2 like a throw button? Because where the RUN button would be on a UMK3 cab.. is just L1... So what did L1 do when you played the demo? And could you do an X-Ray with like L1 + R2?

Thanks in advance man!

Good question and one I have as well, I am thinking we might just be able to map them to a button. I do know that the run button is going to be the tag button though.